2: My First Time
379 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2: My First Time

Step 1: Enter dungeon.

Step 2: Use curses on myself.

Step 3: Review new status.

… um… I don’t remember putting this curse on me:

[Fame] - Everything you do in the dungeon will be watched.

I can only assume it’s that god’s doing. They said I just needed to be famous. *sigh* I’d have preferred to do things a bit differently. Helping other people become famous and having them say it was because of my help, would work far better for elevating curse masters in the public eye.

Well, time to test out my abilities on the local weak monsters. This is the first floor, rarely visited by anyone with experience, due to how weak the monsters are, and how poor the loot is.

Slime? One-kick and it fades away… no loot? Oh, right, all loot has to be collected from the guild after leaving. This dungeon apparently deposits loot directly into the guild, and keeps records of who it belongs to. I guess if someone never leaves, the guild just keeps it? Seems like maybe the incentives aren’t right here.

Goblin? A kick, and a pop, and there’s nothing left. This is as fast and easy as I thought it would be.

Horned rabbit? Ow! It’s faster than me! Still goes down in one hit, but it hit me! Hurt less than a stapler. Getting stapled hurts quite a bit considering how little damage it actually does.

The injury seemed to heal on its own when I wasn’t paying attention. Not sure how long that was. Wandering around and punching and kicking monsters… it’s easy to lose track of time in here. If I didn’t get hungry, thirsty, and have to relieve myself occasionally, I’d probably not notice the time passing at all. At least I was able to afford basic provisions.

The artificial grassland out here is rather pleasant. Except there’s no sun. It’s just mysteriously lit. As if the entire sky glows. There’s also no night. Just an endless day. At least it’s a pleasant environment for sleeping outside. Just a bit bright.

Well, I can’t stay in here forever, eventually I’ll need to go back out and restock on food. I’m not really looking forward to it. 

Young priest’s view

A disturbing event happened. Everyone in church had the same dream: A young woman adventurer slaying monsters in the dungeon. What’s the meaning behind this?

“A meeting has been called. Everyone is to attend.”

Eh? Is there a new oracle? Or is this something about the dream?

“Thank you all for coming. I received a message from god. The dream we all witnessed is a demonstration of the power of a curse master. More dreams will come, and this person is a real person. What we are witnessing is events that have happened in the dungeon.”

“A curse master? Does this mean god is trying to show us how to use curses?”

“That dream teaches nothing though! She just smashes enemies with her feet and fists!”

“Yeah! It was like watching a brawler fight! Am I supposed to tell curse masters to do that?”

“Calm down everyone. There will be more dreams and we can figure things out slowly. Do not rush.”

This is ridiculous. Is god upset by curse masters being shunned? How does something like this help?

14