7: Entering a new world (beginning of second arc)
329 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7: Entering a new world

Evil God’s view

I have found a delectable soul wandering the void. A person so cursed, that they have no hope of ever returning to humanity. They have fallen so deep into despair that they didn’t even flinch when they found the edge of the world, they just walked right off. 

A thousand years of fighting. A power great enough to make worlds tremble. It’s mine! Haha! No more throwing weak souls and trying to rely upon blessings! I can send this one in as it is! This vampire queen shall destroy all she sees! No hero will defeat her! As my minion, all the fear she inspires in others, shall be mine! Hahahahaha!

Vampire Queen’s view

After falling into darkness and hearing a strange voice say even stranger things, I found myself seeing light again. A blue sky. Hot orange sun. I’ve not felt the sun in years. I’m falling though. Below is… a battlefield? Oh shit, if I take even a minor injury, I’ll go berserk and slaughter everyone! I need a solution! Quickly!

It’s really a good thing I can think so fast… it makes this fall feel slow when I turn on accelerated thinking at full power. I haven’t actually reviewed my status and curses in so long. I maxed out my combat skills so long ago that it seemed pointless to even check. Besides, I don’t think I’d have really minded if I died. I had nothing to live for.

Now though… now… if I want to avoid slaughtering everything down there, I have to find a way to not get injured. There’s a wave of arrows coming from both sides, and I’ll be passing through the same area they will in the sky. Additionally, I’m going to land right in the middle of the two main armies, as they clash. 

Hmmm…

[Cursed One] - Immune to blessings. Curses are strengthened. Cannot be removed.

This one seems unchanged. I’ve had issues with curses seeming to evolve into stronger forms before. As usual, curses always include a ‘benefit’ and in this case, strengthening curses is considered one. What about the other curses?

[Innate Power] - Only able to wield your own natural (and supernatural) power. Your innate power is greatly enhanced. Cannot be removed.

This seems to be the evolved form of my weaponless curse. I’ve gone from simply being restricted from using weapons, to being restricted to personal abilities only… wait, this… this carries a restriction on all equipment! What about my old armor restricting curses?

[Bloody Hell] - Any attack that strikes your body, will make you bleed. Any attack you successfully hit with, makes your target bleed. The strength of the bleed effect increases the more badly wounded the target. Ignores bleed immunities. Non-bleed damage is reduced. Cannot be removed.

… what? This… this is like several curses got mixed together and remade! How does one make a golem bleed, anyway? Is the rage still there?

[The Curse of Blood] - Any attack that makes you bleed, will send you into a berserk rage. Greatly increases combat skill while in a rage. Cannot be removed.

It’s still here. The name changed, but it’s basically the same curse, just slightly different flavor. If I get hit, I go into a rage. The only way to retain my sanity and self control is if I never get hit. My stats are really freaking high though, maybe I can do it? The people on this battlefield are obviously not anywhere near as powerful as the monsters I’d gotten accustomed to fighting in that endless dungeon.

[Vampire Queen] - Blood is life, and life is blood. All you need is blood. HP/Mana/Stamina all replaced by a single resource: Blood. Unlocks blood skills. Cannot be removed.

Is… is this why I stopped feeling tired at some point? All the penalties associated with lack of sleep are stamina related. If Stamina is gone… I guess the consequences of stamina related effects are gone too? … my race does still say I’m human. With the way my body is though, I’m hardly human. More like some sort of blood elemental or something.

[Glutton] - Never full, no limit on how much can be consumed. Excess blood will simply be stored away for later. Cannot be removed.

This effectively removes the limit on how much blood I can store, at the cost of gaining no benefits for being well fed. I suppose when I became a vampire, being well fed was actually useful at the beginning. Since everything I killed got converted into blood. I never did figure out exactly what that was about. It was like: energy that was supposed to go to the dungeon, instead became blood for me.

I suppose having no max stored blood is a good thing. Especially since I don’t have access to the guild storage anymore. I lost access to that a long time ago. Did I add Glutton back then? I can’t remember.

Huh, my [Blood Dominance] curse is gone… wait, blood skills? … oh. The effects of blood dominance are built into blood skills, which was granted by Vampire Queen. I can claim ownership and control any blood in range that isn’t inside a living creature. The range affected by skills… which are maxed… wow. I can basically control any blood I’m aware of.

Where’s my damage boosting skill? Oh, wait… [Bloody Hell] scales with damage an enemy has taken, and has a minimum damage effect. So my damage trick for bosses is part of [Bloody Hell] now. Hmmm… 

What are these blood skills now? Oh, oh wow. Blood crafting. I can make things out of blood, and this is an innate power. I found my loophole. I can clothe myself in blood, literally. Actual clothing and armor.

Hmmm… defensive power is not affected much by the chosen appearance? I guess I’ll make myself a nice blood red dress. Sadly, I can’t afford to leave any skin showing, so I’ll mix in some armor plates to make a pretty armored dress. Still awkward to be fully covered in blood red clothing and armor. I should wear a helmet too, to minimize risk of injury. I can at least let my white hair hang out of my helm in a long ponytail. 

Now… the arrows should be no threat with this armor. The lovely loophole of only bleeding when my body is hit, means blocking everything with armor should work. Deflecting an arrow with a bare hand would still cause me to bleed. Using an armored hand should work.

Next, I need a way to deal with this battle. If I do nothing, I’ll be landing on people in the middle of a fight. Hoping to not be injured during that seems risky. I should find a way to secure a safe landing place. 

… I had a crazy idea, but somehow I think it can work. I can spend blood to extend the reach and power of my attacks, and my stats are so high… I’ll cut the earth open.

Human Commander’s view

“Sir! We’ve received an immediate order to withdraw from the Oracle!”

“What? We’re going to crush those demons! It’s too soon to withdraw!”

Suddenly I saw it. A dark red flash out of the corner of my eye. Then as I turned for a better look, a rush of blood gushed out of the earth, like a wall between the two armies. The earth itself can bleed? I had my men sound the retreat immediately. It was a good thing too. 

As the blood fell, what was revealed was a canyon splitting the battlefield in half. Confused demons lined the other side. It was no longer possible for this battle to continue. Trying to cross that gap with demons on the other side would be suicide. It was clear the demons too, were wary of it. What could have made this?

16