55. An Accident
277 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why, Miss?”

Wei Liuying laughed softly. “Men were going to the forest to hunt while the women would stay behind to wait. Even though we could see, it would be only from faraway location. There were no possibilities for the noble ladies to have private conversation with the young masters without attracting any attention. The only possible way would be secluded place, but where can you find it when the place would be tightly guarded and there were countless servants?”

Xiao Yu was dumbfounded. It was then she realized what Wei Liuying said made sense. There was simply no chance for them to even socialize with the men because of the time and location.

That was truly a waste.

However, they couldn’t just blatantly ignore the rules unless they wished to be shunned by the society. There was simply nothing else that they could possibly do to make use of the chance better.

Wei Liuying stayed in the room to read the text that Huo had given her. The information was barely enough, but she would be able to design some plans to allow Wei Hong Zheng won in the competition against Wei Yijun. As for contending against the princes, she was very pessimistic.

“Has Second Brother return?” Wei Liuying asked. Today Wei Hong Zheng was invited to the academy after their spar, so Teacher Luo would only come in the evening. It was already nearing the time for dinner, so she supposed they have already returned back.

Xiao Yu walked out and made inquiry. She returned back a few breaths’ time afterwards. “Miss, Second Master hadn’t returned.”

“It’s already late,” Wei Liuying commented. “Has Teacher Luo come?”

“Teacher Luo is in the Middle Pavilion.”

“Let’s head there.”

The middle pavilion was the place for the young masters to study if they were not in their quarter. Wei Yijun and Wei Hong Zheng often visited the place because it was a peaceful area as the servant didn’t dare to come inside unannounced.

Wei Liuying made her way to the pavilion. As she entered the place, she could see Teacher Luo sitting there while reading. His aged face looked tired, yet he was still focused on the book that he held.

“Teacher Luo.”

“Third Miss Wei?” Teacher Luo was surprised. He put on a smile when he saw her. “How rare to see you here. Is there any problem?”

“I merely thought that it’ll be impolite to leave Teacher Luo alone here. Since Second Brother hadn’t come, I thought it’ll be fine for me to come and take a look,” Wei Liuying replied.

It was not that rare for the sisters to come here. However, neither one of them usually liked to come here because the knowledge was vastly different from what they learnt. They would only come to greet the teacher occasionally when they have the time.

Teacher Luo smiled. “Come and have a seat.”

“Thank you, Teacher Luo.”

Wei Liuying sat down and Xiao Qing quickly served tea for the two of them. Afterwards, she retreated to the back in order to not disturb the two of them.

“I heard that you were sick. Have you gotten better?” Teacher Luo asked.

“Many thanks for your concern. Liuying is better now,” Wei Liuying replied and took the cup of tea in front of her. Slowly and elegantly, she sipped the tea.

Watching her movements, Teacher Luo sighed. Even though Wei Liuying lacked when it came to most skills, she still learned the etiquette and managed to master most of them to a decent level. That way, she wouldn’t look bad when it was the time to visit some other noble families.

“There will be an annual hunt. This year the ladies are allowed to come. Would you like to use this chance too?” Teacher Luo asked.

Wei Liuying smiled. “If Mother allows me to, I will surely attend.”

“Why would she reject you from coming? It’s not like something bad will surely happen in the hunt,” Teacher Luo complained.

Wei Liuying laughed and didn’t reply. There were some matters that was better left unsaid. She looked at the books in Teacher Luo’s hand. “Is it time for Second Brother to start learning the current balance of power in the capital city?”

“Yes. It’s important for him to understand who’s on his side and who he should be more cautious with,” Teacher Luo replied. “I’m worried that he’ll make a mistake during the hunt if he’s not careful enough.”

“Second Brother is a bit impulsive, but he’s not dumb. I’m sure that he wouldn’t get into that much trouble.” At most, he’ll make a joke out of himself because of his loud mouth.

Teacher Luo shook his head. The two of them knew that Wei Hong Zheng was not a bright student. Even after a long time teaching, Teacher Luo was helpless towards this student of his. He slowly sipped the tea in his hand.

“Second Young Master took a long time today. I wonder what kind of trouble he attracted in the Academy.”

“I hope it’s not a big problem,” Wei Liuying said softly.

Teacher Luo nodded. He also wished that nothing bad would happen, but who knew what actually happen so far away?

At this time, they heard commotion from the main door as a servant quickly stormed in.

“Teacher Luo, Third Young Miss, Second Young Master was wounded!” he informed with a pale expression.

The two of them were stunned. Wei Liuying stood up and looked at the servant with a cold expression. “Can you tell us what happened on our way?”

The servants nodded vehemently and began to lead the way while telling the story.

6