56. Farce
274 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they walked to the main gate, they listened to the servants. Wei Hong Zheng was practicing to use bow and arrow with the other students in the academy. However, one student accidentally aimed to the crowd and the arrow hit Wei Hong Zheng’s leg. Right now, everyone was in chaos because of the incident.

The student was fearful because of his mistake and tried to run away. However, the crowd stopped him before he could possibly do that. They brought him to face Wei Hong.

“Has the wound treated?” Wei Liuying asked.

The servant nodded. “Yes. The doctor had examined him and gave him some prescription, but the situation is not good.”

“You can leave.”

They had arrived in the main gate. Wei Liuying could see the commotion before her as her brows furrowed. Her hand dug into her sleeve as she procured a veil before she worn it. Before the crowd, it was inappropriate for her to just show her face.

“Teacher Luo, can you tell me more about the boy’s family?”

Teacher Luo was stunned. “This, do you think that someone set this up?”

“The possibility is not zero.”

“That…” Looking at Wei Liuying’s expression, Teacher Luo sighed. He hoped that she was only overthinking it as he started to speak, “Student Zhao is from lower ranked official who forked a large sum of money for him to attend the academy. However, his father died not long ago, so he was not in a good condition….”

As Teacher Luo continued, Wei Liuying sighed. The boy was in a huge need of money because it was impossible for him to continue studying without the necessary sum. He had a sickly younger brother who might die at any moment. At the same time, his status was already low because it would take him a few more years before he could participate in the examination.

There would be no way a mistake such as aiming wrongly could possibly happen in this situation when the crowd was over 90 degrees away from the direction of the target. It must be intentional.

However, Wei Liuying didn’t say anything as she watched the farce before her unfolding. Feng Chun was cursing that boy openly while wailing and saying ‘poor Hong Zheng’ with pitiful expression. Wei Hong was also enraged because his son was wounded so badly. The boy was trembling with his mother begging for forgiveness.

“Xiao Qing,” Wei Xiao Hua extended her hand.

Xiao Qing quickly stepped forward and grabbed Wei Xiao Hua’s hand. There was worried expression on her face. On the other hand, Wei Xiao Hua suddenly looked far weaker as her face turned pale while her body leaned on Xiao Qing.

By the side, Teacher Luo was stunned when he saw the sudden chance on Wei Liuying. The two of them were truly great actors.

After they finished their preparation, Wei Liuying slowly made her way to the crowd with Xiao Qing’s help. This appearance could easily make people feel pity of them because of their appearance.

“This is just an accident! Please forgive us!”

“Is the wound deep, Doctor?” Wei Hong asked the doctor who came along with the crowd. He was here to give some prescription that they needed.

The doctor shook his head. “The arrow didn’t enter too deep, but it’ll take him around a month to two to fully recover.”

“No!” Wei Hong Zheng shouted. His face was as pale as sheet, but he still held on and looked at the doctor. “It can’t be that long, Doctor!”

“I’m sorry, but it’s already the best that I can do.”

Wei Hong Zheng’s expression was pale. Just this morning, he was bragging to his sister, saying that he would surely surpass Wei Yijun’s result from the year before. However, now he was reduced to a weakling who couldn’t even participate in the hunt.

What a joke!

From the side, Wei Xiao Hua walked out gracefully. She was wearing long white robe that seemed to be eye catching during night time like this. Her features were barely visible thanks to the veil that she wore, but her eyes shone brightly like the stars on the sky.

“Father.”

As her soft voice trailed off, Wei Hong turned to look at his first daughter. For the past few months, he had seen her changes that made him utterly surprised. He could never imagine that she was the same timid girl in the past anymore. It was as if Wei Xiao Hua was born anew after her splendid fall in front of Prince Ji Shu.

“What is it, Xiao Hua?”

“The incident did sound weird, but it’ll be too much to make a ruckus in the middle of the night? How about if I ask for help from His Highness the Fourth Prince to settle this matter?” Wei Xiao Hua asked in a light tone

Fourth prince!

When they all heard the name, their bodies involuntary shudder in fear. They all knew how ruthless the Fourth Prince could be. Not long ago, they heard that he gave order to eliminate the bandits in Eastern Forest and placed more guards. After the rumors of Princess Ji Xiaoli’s night visit, there were a lot of people who tried to hunt ghost only to get themselves killed.

The matter was reported to the Emperor, and he ordered Ji Shu to take care of it. As the result, it was a total massacre. There were countless dead bodies that were retrieved from the forest as the guards were stationed there. No one dared to recklessly got close to Eastern Forest again since then.

Wei Hong furrowed his brows. “Are you sure he’ll be willing to help?”

“I’ll find a way,” Wei Xiao Hua replied. There was a proud smile hung on the corner of her lips that couldn’t be seen because of her veil. However, the brilliant light on her eyes that was brimming with confidence was visible for all to see.

7