57 and 58. Farce (2) and Outrageous Plan
276 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Hong furrowed his brows. “Are you sure he’ll be willing to help?”

“I’ll find a way,” Wei Xiao Hua replied. There was a proud smile hung on the corner of her lips that couldn’t be seen because of her veil. However, the brilliant light on her eyes that was brimming with confidence was visible for all to see.

The crowds were stunned when they heard what Wei Xiao Hua said. Even though they had heard that the Fourth Prince doted on First Miss Wei, it was nothing but rumor. But hearing how Wei Xiao Hua seemed to be so confident in asking for his help, they couldn’t help but think that the rumor must be true.

If not, Wei Xiao Hua’s confidence was unexplained.

Only Wei Hong Zheng was still glaring dagger at Wei Xiao Hua. He knew very well that the two of them couldn’t meet eye to eye since his status still often be better than Wei Xiao Hua because of his gender. There would be no way Wei Xiao Hua would be willing to help him voluntary.

Wei Hong nodded, feeling much better. “In that case, I’ll trouble you, Xiao Hua.”

“Yes, Father!”

“But Father…”

“Don’t say anything more,” Wei Hong said sternly to his son. He looked at the boy who wounded his son. “Whether you’re innocent or not, you’ll stay in the prison for questioning. Don’t hope that you can escape if you did this intentionally.”

“Please have mercy!”

However, Wei Hong didn’t want to see them anymore. A few guards hauled the boy away while his mother was crying buckets. However, the crowds didn’t show any pity whatsoever as they felt that the incident was fishy too.

Wei Hong thanked the crowd for bringing the news to him and helped to bring his son back home. He also gave the doctor a large sum of money for his endeavor in helping his son to get the first aid that he needed.

“Liuying!” Feng Chun noticed that Wei Liuying had come out. She ignored her pale face and weakly appearance as she strode forward. “Can’t you do something?”

Wei Liuying looked at her mother with a confused and worried expression. “Mother, what are you talking about? I don’t even know what had happened. I only heard that Second Brother was hurt, so I come here in a hurry.”

It was then the crowd saw Wei Liuying. Some of them had heard that she was sick the day before, but they didn’t know the detail. Now that they saw her, they could see that she was truly sick.

Only Wei Xiao Hua was looking at Wei Liuying with a hint of malice within her eyes.

“This…” Feng Chun was at lost.

She couldn’t possibly reveal to the crowd that the one who helped her scheme was her daughter. How shameful would it be? However, it was also the truth that her daughter was much smarter than her, which gave her more benefit in the residence, especially when it was regarding Wei Hong Zheng’s matter.

Wei Liuying looked at Wei Xiao Hua. “Since First Sister is already willing to lower herself to ask help from His Highness the Fourth Prince, we must thank her, Mother.”

Feng Chun was obviously unwilling, but under the state of her husband and the crowd, she had no other choice but to utter the thanks. Her heart felt like it was pierced, but she had no words that she could possibly say in this situation.

“T…Thank you, Wei Xiao Hua.”

Wei Xiao Hua was still looking at Wei Liuying, but she turned her gaze to look at Feng Chun. “It’s nothing, Madam Feng. I’ll surely do my best.”

Feng Chun’s smile was ugly, but she couldn’t say anything else. Wei Hong was unhappy to see Feng Chun being ungrateful like that. In his opinion, she should be happy that Wei Xiao Hua was willing to help. “Thank you for today, everyone. It’s already late, so I can’t possibly invite you all to the house.”

“It’s fine, Prime Minister Wei.”

“We’re happy to help.”

They exchanged some pleasantries as the crowd dispersed. Wei Hong Zheng still wanted to speak, but he noticed that Wei Liuying was sending a warning glare. He clamped his mouth shut unhappily as his eyes were staring at Wei Xiao Hua with clear anger.

Wei Xiao Hua watched them with amusement. If not for the veil covering up her mouth, they would be able to see the smile that she hid there.

The way she watched everything looked as if she was only watching a play in front of her.

It was as if the matter didn’t involve her in the slightest bit.

 


“Let’s go back, Mother,” Wei Liuying said in weak voice. She was still holding onto Xiao Qing’s hand, making her look like a pitiful young lady. Even though she was not sure whether this would be a good idea or not, she would rather keep on pretending since they all only knew her as the sick Third Young Miss from Wei Household.

Wei Zilin was merely watching from a distance away. She tugged her mother’s sleeve. “Serve that b*stard right.”

“Watch your mouth,” Concubine Xie warned, yet her eyes were gleaming with happiness. After all, the misfortune of other people in the residence was something to be celebrated about. She had been suffering for the past two months or so because of Wei Xiao Hua’s change and now, it was their turn.

She felt utterly satisfied.

Even though she didn’t do anything, she could guess that this incident must be arranged by someone who didn’t want Wei Hong Zheng to succeed.

As the crowd dispersed, Wei Liuying made her way back to her residence. She changed her clothes to that of a boy’s clothes and then slipped to her brother’s residence right when they had returned. Wei Hong was still speaking some words to Wei Hong Zheng. Even if Wei Hong Zheng was a bit disappointing, he’s still his son after all.

“You have to use this time to study more, Hong Zheng.”

“Yes, Father,” Wei Hong Zheng replied through gritted teeth. He felt embarrassed because he had to be wounded. If only his reaction speed was faster, he wouldn’t have gotten shot just now.

Wei Hong looked at his son and patted the latter’s shoulder. He sighed. “I’ll make sure the one who tried to harm you get his end.”

“Yes, Father.”

Wei Hong still promised some other things before he left. On the other hand, Wei Hong Zheng’s expression was frosty as he was carried back to his room. His mother, Feng Chun was still there with haggard expression.

“Mother, Second Brother,” Wei Liuying appeared from the shadow and greeted.

Wei Hong Zheng looked at his sister. “Why don’t you let me protest? Father will surely listen to my words.”

“And let you frame His Highness the Fourth Prince?”

“But it might be him who do it!”

“And if it’s not?”

“That…” Wei Hong Zheng lost his ability to speak as he set his eyes downcast. He was still feeling unwilling about the whole matter. It felt as if there was a knife piercing onto his heart, yet he couldn’t speak about it.

Wei Liuying looked at her brother. It seemed that he could be smart at times too. Indeed, she had suspected that the one who did this was Prince Ji Shu, but was there any proof? Even if there were any witness, she was sure that they would have already been killed by Ji Shu.

That was his method: clean and ruthless.

“Offending His Highness the Fourth Prince in Public is clearly seeking for your own death, Second Brother. If you wish to dig your early grave, there are more harmless methods,” Wei Liuying said harshly.

Wei Hong Zheng bit his lips, feeling aggrieved. However, he understood what Wei Liuying said very clearly. They should never offend Imperial Family member. That was an ultimate rule if they wished to survive.

Feng Chun was more displeased. “Why are you so harsh with Hong Zheng? Do you know that this is the best time for him to attend the hunt and make his name? Now it’s impossible for him to be the youngest best hunter!”

Wei Liuying was silent for a moment. The title of youngest best hunter was nothing more than an honorary title that didn’t worth much. It was always replaced each year since it was merely temporary title for bragging.

Besides, they would forget the name after a while since it didn’t really worth much. Unless the same person could hunt the best beasts each year, their names would be forgotten with time. And even if Wei Hong Zheng was slightly better in martial arts, Wei Liuying highly doubted that her brother would be able to accomplish something like that.

He would be forgotten after one time of the best’s title.

“The medicine from the Imperial Family is said to be really good. If you use it, you might be able to heal within a month, Second Brother,” Wei Liuying said. She had used the medicine that Yang Xian gave her and the wound heal at one third of the estimated time the doctor told her. Of course, she still pretended to be sick while actually already jumping around inside her room.

The medicine that she kept was already almost used up. It could only be enough for two time uses more and considering Wei Hong Zheng’s wound, he would need to use it for several weeks. The effect will be very minimal.

Wei Hong Zheng frowned. “And how can I get it? Don’t tell me to beg from His Highness the Fourth Prince. I’ll never do that.”

Wei Liuying: “…” that’s actually a good idea.

However, it would be the same as throwing their pride in front of the fourth prince and possibly lost all good feelings that they were trying to build. Besides, was there any guarantee that the harsh prince would be willing to help them out.

“That’s not happening.”

Wei Hong Zheng was still staring at Wei Liuying heavily as a thought crossed his eyes. “Then, Third Sister, you can just replace me.”

5