61. Archery and Horse Riding
255 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Liuying was already ready on the back courtyard. She saw an unfamiliar middle aged man, who was standing there with an impassive expression. Judging from his appearance, she guessed that he must be someone from Feng Family.

The man turned to look at Wei Liuying when she got closer.

“Third…”

“From now on, address yourself as Wei Hong Zheng,” the man interrupted her before she could even finish her greeting.

Wei Liuying was expressionless when she changed her address. “Second Young Master of Wei Family, Wei Hong Zheng, is here.”

The man nodded. “Your voice is a bit higher than Hong Zheng, but you two are still kids, so it’s fine. Also, you can simply say your name from which family to address yourself.”

“Yes, Teacher.”

“My name is Tu, and you’ll call me Teacher Tu. From now on, I’m going to teach you how to use bow and arrow properly.”

“Yes, Teacher Tu.”

Teacher Tu nodded in apprehension. Feng Chun had already warned him before that Wei Liuying could be even better when she was dressed as a boy. Now that he saw the young girl with his own eyes, it was definitely true.

Wei Liuying had a beautiful face that she inherited from Feng Chun, but around 40 to 50 percent were similar to Wei Hong. On his youth, Wei Hong was very handsome, which was one of the reason Feng Chun got attracted to him. With those two genes mixed together on Wei Liuying, she could pass as a pretty boy with the right clothing.

Now that she started to speak loudly and not softly, one would find it harder to think of her as a young girl.

“Alright, come here. This is the bow and arrow. I’ll teach you how to position your hands. Make sure that you keep both of your hand straight with your shoulder…”

As Teacher Tu gave his instruction, Wei Liuying was trying to get the feeling of holding a bow in her hand. It was weird as she had never touched it before in her entire life. However, she soon got the hang of it.

Afterwards, Teacher Tu have her pull the string and tried to aim to the target.

Dzing!

The arrow missed completely.

“You need to pull the string more to the back and make sure that you aim properly,” Teacher Tu instructed. He looked at Wei Liuying slender arm that pulled the string easily. Who would have thought that the small arm of a young girl could actually match against men? Many boys even thought that it was hard to pull the string and got tired after several tries.

However, Wei Liuying didn’t show any sign of tiredness. Even though beads of sweat started to form on her forehead and her fingers were hurt because of the string, she still continued to practice.

The practice continued until it was time for lunch. Wei Liuying took a short break to eat then returned with practice to imitate Wei Hong Zheng’s personality. She had to match with her brother in both her speech and walking. Even if there was any small difference, she had to make sure that all the trademarks Wei Hong Zheng had was there.

Time passed.

Wei Liuying continued the practice for archery for two weeks. Even though she still couldn’t hit the bullseye all the time, it was quite close. Getting this result after two weeks of practice was already good enough.

“Today we’re going to practice horse riding. Madam Feng will be going out, and you’ll come along as her servant.”

“Yes.”

Wei Liuying had to use makeup to hide her own countenance. Having a servant who looked oddly similar to their young miss and young master would be raising suspiciousness. Even though Wei Liuying was dressed as a young girl as the servant who followed Feng Chun were all women, she had to hide her countenance.

“Madam Feng, you’re going out today?” Wei Xiao Hua came out of her residence and looked at Feng Chun with inquiry.

Feng Chun looked at Wei Xiao Hua coldly. “The air is too foul here. I’m not in the mood to linger around.”

Wei Xiao Hua chuckled, ignoring the sarcasm. “Then I wish you safe journey, Madam Feng. Enjoy your time.”

“I will.”

Feng Chun glared coldly at Wei Xiao Hua then get on the carriage. As the carriage went out, Wei Xiao Hua was looking at the carriage’s back with a frown on her forehead. She waved her hand. “Follow them.”

“Yes.”

In the middle of the way, Wei Liuying separated herself when they were passing by the market. There were a few servants who followed Feng Chun, so she shouldn’t have attracted attention. Nevertheless, Wei Liuying still waited in the alleyway with a cold expression as she knew that Wei Xiao Hua sent someone to follow them.

‘First Sister is very persistent.’

But if she was in Wei Xiao Hua’s shoes, she would surely do the same. After all, she wouldn’t want to get schemed without knowing what actually happened. And as the main daughter, Wei Xiao Hua had more freedom after she had secured her position and got the backing of the Fourth Prince.

Swish!

Wei Liuying arrived by the field. She could see Teacher Tu stood there with two horses beside him. He passed a glance at Wei Liuying. “Get on.”

“Uh, how?”

“I’ll show you once.”

Teacher Tu gave the example for Wei Liuying then have her followed his instruction. It was hard for her at first and her butt felt hurt because of the saddle and the horse’s back. However, she learned how to adjust her position as Teacher Tu gave her instruction from the horse that he rode.

They didn’t have much time and Wei Hong Zheng was a skilled horse rider, so Wei Liuying had no other choice but to learn everything much faster.

Time passed.

“You’re still far worse than Second Young Master, but this should pass. Return back to your residence and rest. Don’t forget to attend the academy in two days.”

Wei Liuying nodded. “Yes, Teacher Tu.”

Every student who wished to participate in the hunt have to be assessed by their teachers first to make sure that their skill was up to standard. After all, the hunt could be very dangerous, and the teachers wouldn’t want to send their students to their early grave.

Wei Liuying had to first pretend to be Wei Hong Zheng in the academy. If she couldn’t pass that, she wouldn’t be able to act as her brother in the hunt.

Even though it would be hard, Wei Liuying kept her calm.

5