63 and 64. ‘Wei Hong Zheng’ is Back
309 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Liuying regrouped back with Feng Chun, who had just finished watching performance. Usually, Feng Chun would want to watch performance with her husband, but Wei Hong was busy for the past few days to prepare for the hunt. After all, he had to make sure that the preparation was enough to make sure no accident would happen.

Summer Hunt was the hunt session for students and younger men. The adults would have their turn during Autumn Hunt as it was usually at a further distance away from the capital city and much more dangerous. Their target was not the deer like the youngster but could even be bear or boar.

Feng Chun looked at Wei Liuying, but she didn’t say anything and made her way back to the residence. From the way it looked like, she was having a bad mood and tried to vent by having fun all by herself. Some people might be asking question, but Wei Hong’s private matter was not their business.

When they returned, Wei Xiao Hua greeted them on the door.

“Madam Feng, do you enjoy your trip?” Wei Xiao Hua asked with a forced smile. She didn’t get anything from having her men followed Feng Chun. All she did was watching performance and threw some tantrum there.

“Of course. It’s fun,” Feng Chun said simply.

Wei Xiao Hua smiled and curtsied away. She silently gritted her teeth as she glanced at Feng Chun with confusion. In the book that she read, Wei Hong Zheng was actually not wounded. However, during the participation of the hunt, Wei Hong Zheng would spoil her time with Prince Ji Shu. Because of that, she chose to take action first to make sure that he couldn’t participate.

Even though she had made sure that Wei Hong Zheng wouldn’t be able to get healed that fast, there was a trace of unease within her heart. It was as if the knowledge she got from the novel was not enough. But she didn’t know what it was. After all, the changes that occurred with Princess Ji Xiaoli shook her to the core.

Still, when she tested the water with the many clashes with Concubine Chou, she found out that the book was accurate. It meant that there might be someone else who was transmigrated or there was actually a variable that she changed without her knowing.

The fear of the unknown was truly frustrating.

Feng Chun returned back to her room and glanced over to Wei Liuying. “Your eyes are darker than Wei Hong Zheng. Make sure that there’s no one who stay close enough with you to observe it.”

“Yes, Mother.”

“You can go back.”

Wei Liuying acknowledged it and swiftly returned back to her room. She had long known that her eyes were different than others. If one paid close attention, they would be able to see that her eyes were darker. But in normal times, there wouldn’t be anyone who was close enough to observe it, so only Wei Hong, Feng Chun, and Wei Hong Zheng knew about that.

For the next day, Wei Liuying stayed in her room and made the summarization again. Wei Hong Zheng had already finished his lesson from what she prepared before, so Teacher Luo asked her to make more. After all, without the notes, Wei Hong Zheng’s progress was so pitiful.

“Miss, it’s already late at night,” Xiao Qing reminded in worry. Her hand was holding the lantern in her hand.

Wei Liuying smiled. “I’m almost done.”

“Miss…”

“It’s fine.” Wei Liuying wrote the next word stroke by stroke unhurriedly. “I can even try to run away by relying on the hunt.”

Xiao Qing’s expression changed when she heard that. She looked at her Miss with disbelief. “But Miss, how are you going to fend for yourself in the wilderness? It wouldn’t be easy to live by yourself.”

Wei Liuying shook her head. “Which one will be harder? Fighting against those women in their schemes or living by yourself outside? I really want to know.”

“Will you really try to run away, Miss?”

“No, I won’t.”

“But… it’s a rare chance.”

“It’s a rare chance, but it’s not the best chance,” Wei Liuying replied.

Xiao Qing was confused. However, she soon understood that Wei Liuying didn’t want to leave because if she left during the hunt, it meant that she would be leaving her and Xiao Yu behind. It was not something that Wei Liuying would ever want to do.

“Is it because of me, Miss? Miss should just leave without thinking about me.”

Wei Liuying laughed softly. “You have been taking care of me and all for the past few years. Without you two, I’ll never be able to live this long and survived in this hellish place. There’s no way I would leave you.”

Listening to Wei Liuying’s words, Xiao Qing clenched her first. She truly wished that she wouldn’t be a burden to her Miss. No matter what, she had to make sure that she would not be a hindrance. When Wei Liuying finally decided to leave the residence, she had to be able to catch up.

The next day, Wei Liuying spent the day by resting on her room. She still pretended that she was sick, so the others were not trying to bother her at all. However, some people had been wondering about her since she never showed herself at all. It was as if she had gotten scared after offending the Fourth Prince.

Though, only a few of them even remember her name.


The day afterwards, Wei Liuying dressed up like Wei Hong Zheng. She wore light blue robe and tied her hair up before she inserted the pin that her brother lent her. Looking at her appearance in the bronze mirror, she couldn’t see any difference from her brother except if they paid close attention.

“Miss,” Xiao Qing called out from the side. “What if there’s someone who want to visit you?”

“Have Xiao Yu slept on my bed again. No one is allowed to get inside,” Wei Liuying said calmly.

“Yes, Miss!”

Wei Liuying slipped away and entered her brother’s residence. Wei Hong Zheng was sitting on a chair with his legs stretched and placed on a smaller chair. It was still wounded, so he shouldn’t move it around so much. It would take around two more weeks based on the doctor’s estimation before Wei Hong Zheng would be able to run around freely again.

He glanced up and was stunned to see Wei Liuying. It looked as if he was looking at his mirror image. “Make sure you pass the assessment for the hunt tomorrow.”

“Yes, Brother.”

“Also, I’ll never act submissive.”

Wei Liuying’s eyes flashed as the aura around her changed almost immediately. “Of course.”

The sudden change startled Wei Hong Zheng. He looked at his sister with deep frown on his forehead. For a moment, he had the feeling that he was looking at his own self, but he knew for sure that it was impossible. In the end, he turned his head away. “You can go.”

“Yes.”

As she walked out of the room, Huo was following behind her. There was another servant that was loyal to Wei Hong Zheng would take care of him while Huo would follow Wei Liuying to make sure that she did her work properly.

The servants were stunned when they saw Wei Hong Zheng came out of his room with Huo. For the past few weeks, they have gotten used with the peace without Wei Hong Zheng around. But now that second young master was back, they quickly focused on their work. No one wanted to die just because they didn’t do their work properly.

Wei Liuying passed a cold glance at them before she bypassed them. Her strode was long and more confident, similar to that of Wei Hong Zheng. Added with the air of arrogance around her, it perfectly suited Wei Hong Zheng.

Behind her, Huo started to have illusion that he was following his young master and not third young miss.

The other three siblings were getting ready to depart when they noticed that there was a commotion. Wei Zilin was in sullen mood because she had been defeated by Wei Xiao Hua over and over in the academy. It was to the point she felt that Wei Xiao Hua was truly a devil in disguise.

“What’s that commotion?” Wei Xiao Hua asked with a frown. Today was the last day they would go to the academy before the hunt, so she wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong.

A servant quickly checked and returned back with an odd expression, “First Young Master, First Young Miss, Second Young Miss, Second Young Master is back.”

Second Young Master is back!

Wei Hong Zheng is back? Wei Xiao Hua was dumbfounded. She was sure that Ji Shu had already reassured her that nothing would go wrong with his planning. Wei Hong Zheng shouldn’t be able to heal before the hunt. So how could he come out now?

As Wei Xiao Hua was trying to reassure herself, a figure came out. Looking at that person, Wei Xiao Hua felt that the sky was crashing down. Were there truly some things that couldn’t be changed from the novel? She was suspicious with everything but refrained from saying anything as her eyes were fixated on the figure in front of her.

She couldn’t believe this.

Wei Zilin and Wei Yijun were both surprised. But they were much calmer than Wei Xiao Hua because they didn’t care much. Even if Wei Hong Zheng healed faster than the doctor’s estimation, isn’t it just show that he had better constitution?

“First Brother, First Sister, Second Sister,” Wei Liuying greeted with a wide smile on her face.

“Second Brother,” Wei Yijun was the first to reply. “Are you planning to attend the assessment today?”

“Yes. I wouldn’t want to miss out the hunt!”

“Then I wish you good luck.”

Wei Liuying smiled. “Have you passed the assessment, First Brother?”

“Fortunately, I was lucky enough to pass.”

The two of them walked to their designated carriage while Wei Xiao Hua and Wei Zilin were still outside. Wei Zilin had already gotten used to be ignored by the two of them. After all, her status was much lower compared with the sons even if they were all concubine born.

“I’ll get going first, First Sister.”

“En.”

Wei Xiao Hua forced a smile out as she also made her way to the carriage. Her heart tightened as a glint flashed within her eyes. If she couldn’t change the original plot and have to suffer as the main protagonist, she would just follow what the real Wei Xiao Hua did.

After all, the main story end in happy ending for Wei Xiao Hua. Even though the process was not one that she liked because of so many obstacles, it was much better than having things developed without clear direction.

In this world, she had to rely on her knowledge over the novel if she wished to survive.

‘Calm down…After the hunt, Feng Chun and her family members will not be spared. As long as I follow the original story, I can destroy their lives within days after the hunt.’

She only needed to be patient.

Wei Xiao Hua knew that the most troublesome opponent was Wei Liuying, which was why the real Wei Xiao Hua also made the preparation to eliminate her first. However, she needed to be patient because she had to wait until her father made that move before she talked to Prince Ji Shu.

Once everything went according to the novel, everyone’s fate would be sealed. Wei Liuying, Wei Hong Zheng, and Feng Chun would be the first three who suffered the most after the hunt. And since the plan was targeted towards the most dangerous one, Wei Liuying, it was even more so for her.

Still, she couldn’t shake this unease. Wei Xiao Hua scanned the servants before her before she noticed the one that Ji Shu sent. It was not like she remembered all the servants around her, but the book mentioned about this particular one servant that Prince Ji Shu sent to monitor her.

Originally, Wei Xiao Hua in the novel didn’t know about it at all. But now she needed to meet with Prince Ji Shu.

She walked to that servant. “Tell Prince Ji Shu that I would like to meet with him.”

The servant was dumbfounded. Before she could answer, Wei Xiao Hua had already get on the carriage. She was helpless, but she had no other choice but to ask him again. Somehow, she felt that she was deviating further and further away from the novel and yet, there were still things that occurred based on the novel.

She needed to follow the plot properly if she wished to stay in the original timeline.

No matter how annoying it would be.

 

6