67. Wei Family Members Are Interesting
255 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hong Zheng?”

“Ah, First Brother, is it fine to study together?” Wei Liuying asked with doubtful expression.

Wei Yijun arched his eyebrows. “Are you worried about political overlook in Han Shi Kingdom? There’s no need to worry. We’re all still students and will not critically affect the balance.”

Wei Liuying: “…” Is it true?

She thought that her first brother was very smart, but it was apparent that he didn’t think that much. Some people might question it if they saw the two opposing parties staying together. But as they were all still fairly young, Wei Liuying also understood that this wouldn’t have much impact for now.

Besides, it was impossible for them to not have any interaction with each other considering that they were all students around the same age... oh wait, Prince Ji Shao Yang was already 19 years old. He would be an adult in just a few more weeks and soon participated in the court.

With the opposing party still kept harmonious relationship, it also helped to maintain the balance.

“Then, I’ll join you, First Brother.”

“That’s great!”

Wei Yijun brought Wei Liuying over. When she got close, Wei Liuying cupped her hand to greet the other. “Wei Hong Zheng from Wei Family greets His Highness the Second Prince and Xie Jing.”

“There’s no need to be so formal,” Xie Jing said with a wave of his hand, an act that was clearly very impolite. However, the other two didn’t seem to mind his action in the slightest bit as if they have already gotten used with it.

Ji Shao Yang chuckled. “I come here because I want to see the academy a bit. There’s no need to be so formal just because of me.”

The prince’s tone was soothing and nice to listen. However, Wei Liuying noticed the man’s eyes and felt chills on her back. She had the feeling that the supposedly low key prince was not so simple. He was giving off dangerous aura that wouldn’t lose even when she compared it against Ji Shu.

Internally, Wei Liuying had the feeling that the fight for the throne would turn bloody.

“Your Highness will already of age soon,” Wei Yijun said calmly. “When that time comes, it’ll be even rarer for Your Highness to visit.”

“There’s no restriction.”

Xie Jing tapped the book in front of him. “Are we going to continue study? It has been some time since the last time we discussed history.”

“The teachers are interested in this topic again in order to move our minds away from the hunt.”

“Indeed.”

Their conversations only circulated around the lessons that they got not long ago. As Wei Liuying didn’t attend any because Wei Hong Zheng was supposed to be hurt, she could only listen. Truth to be told, this was the first time she ever participated in any of the discussion between the boys.

She would be lying if she said that she was not impressed.

Unlike Wei Hong Zheng who seemed to be confused every single sentence, these three were able to grasp the key points and expanded their discussion. With that, their conversation continued to move on and on. Before they knew it, it was already the time for lunch.

“Ah, it seems that we forgot you’re in our group,” Xie Jing said with a sneer as he looked in Wei Liuying’s direction.

“Is our conversation a bit too fast for you? You don’t usually join us, Second Brother,” Wei Yijun was a bit apologetic.

Wei Liuying smiled. She could guess why her second brother never wanted to join them. The contrast in their intelligence was simply too much. As she had to pretend to be the stupid Wei Hong Zheng, she had no other choice but to pretend that she didn’t understand. Though, it was not that difficult for her to understand what they were saying.

“It’s alright. Thank you for your concern.”

“Good then.”

Ji Shao Yang passed a glance at Wei Liuying, but he didn’t say anything. His dark eyes seemed to be scrutinizing the ‘boy’ before him, wondering whether the rumor about Wei Hong Zheng was actually true or not. After all, Wei Liuying was much calmer than what he heard regarding the rumor was.

Wei Yijun glanced out. “There’s no more classes after this, but I’m staying behind to have a discussion. Would you like to join us again?”

“There’s no need. I would like to have a break,” Wei Liuying replied.

“Alright. I’ll see you at home.”

The two brothers might have come with the same carriage, but they were allowed to return back home first if one of them wanted to. Unlike the girls who have to wait with each other, Wei Hong was not that strict when it came to the two boys.

Wei Liuying nodded and turned around. There were many other boys who were also going back home. Since tomorrow was the hunt and many students were participating, they didn’t need to come for a few days. For them, it was a long awaited break that many welcomed. Some of them would still study at their home, though.

Just as Wei Liuying walked towards the door, a man walked in. He looked in Wei Liuying’s direction with his eyebrows raised and there was a student who was accompanying him.

“I didn’t know the library is full today.”

“There’s self-study session in the library today,” the student by the man, Yang Xian, explained.

Wei Liuying looked at Yang Xian with wariness. She was using a disguise today, so she couldn’t greet him openly. Besides, Yang Xian was not wearing his usual servant clothes. This time he was wearing dark blue robe with his sword on his side. It looked more like an armor but at the same time, gave off feelings that he was that of a scholar.

It was weird, yet it suited Yang Xian.

“This is…?”

“My apologies. Wei Hong Zheng from Wei Family greets Honored Scholar,” Wei Liuying quickly cupped her hands. Wei Hong Zheng shouldn’t have known Yang Xian, right?

Yang Xian nodded. He looked at the student. “Let’s continue.”

“Yes, Sir!”

The student was tactful enough to not reveal Yang Xian’s identity. After all, his name was already known, but not many people have seen him for themselves. Because of that, many students only knew that he was an important person but didn’t know his real identity.

Yang Xian passed by Wei Liuying and whispered, “Wei Family members are really interesting.”

Wei Liuying kept her composure as if she didn’t hear anything. However, her fist was tightened a bit more. As she had expected, Yang Xian recognized her even with this outfit.

6