68 and 69. Preparation and Departure
250 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Liuying kept her composure as if she didn’t hear anything. However, her fist was tightened a bit more. As she had expected, Yang Xian recognized her even with this outfit.

Wei Liuying eyed Yang Xian, but she didn’t try to engage in conversation with him. She knew that he wouldn’t expose her because there was nothing that he could gain from doing that aside from getting another enemy. Based on her understanding about Yang Xian, he would not do something so stupid.

However, this would mean that he had gained a card that he could use against her if he wanted to.

How troublesome.

Putting the thought to the back of her mind, Wei Liuying strode out. She could see Huo from the side. Huo also noticed Wei Liuying and quickly came over to her direction.

“Let’s go back first. There’s no other classes in the afternoon.”

“Yes, Young Master.”

Wei Hong Zheng himself also didn’t like to stay in the library for too long because he couldn’t catch up with the intelligence of many students there. He would only feel that he was severely lacking whenever he was listening to those students. Even though his age could give him a bit of leeway, he was still quite lacking compared to many other boys around the same age.

Wei Liuying chose not to think too much about it. She was not interested in her second brother’s problems too. As long as she acted like him and passed by the three days’ hunt safely, it was all more than enough. She could care less about anything else.

When she came back to the residence, she headed back to Wei Hong Zheng residence. “I have returned, Second Brother.”

“En,” Wei Hong Zheng acknowledged it. He was currently reading a book that Teacher Luo asked him to study.

“Second Brother, do you know about First Brother’s relationship with Xie Jing and Prince Ji Shao Yang?”

“Xie Jing?” Wei Hong Zheng furrowed his brows. “That man is a troublemaker even in Prime Minister Xie’s residence. It’s always said that he’s a failure of the family, so I think that my brother gets close to him.”

“So you know, Second Brother?”

“Well, they occasionally study together. I don’t understand why a failure like him would even get close with First Brother.”

Wei Liuying’s lips twitched. In private, Wei Hong Zheng would not mind his speech that much and usually became more unrestrained. Also, she knew that Xie Jing was known as troublemaker, but that young man’s intelligence was still far higher compared to normal people. He was quite a formidable person in Wei Liuying’s opinion.

The one who was actually closer to be a failure was the young man before her…

She would never say this out loud, though.

Besides, he was still young, so he still has a lot of rooms for improvement. If he was diligent enough, he might be able to accomplish something big in the future. Who knew what will happen in the future?

“Is that something important?” Wei Hong Zheng tilted his head. “I don’t really have any friend that’s close with me, so it shouldn’t matter that much even if you act as me.”

“It’s nothing much, Second Brother. I’ll take my leave.”

“Ok. I won’t see you out.”

As Wei Liuying slipped out of the residence, Wei Hong Zheng turned his head to look at Huo, who was standing silently on the edge of the room.

“How did it go?”

“It’s good, Young Master.”

“Do you think there would be anyone who suspect her?” Wei Hong Zheng asked nonchalantly.

Huo was silent for a moment. He had seen when Wei Liuying acted as Wei Hong Zheng before and it would be a lie if he said that he didn’t feel the chills. The way Wei Liuying acted so naturally make him afraid of her. She looked nonchalant and arrogant, the perfect copy of Wei Hong Zheng as if it was already part of her nature.

“Huo?”

“I don’t think anyone will suspect her unless they got close enough,” Huo replied.

Wei Hong Zheng turned his eyes back to his book. “Then make sure no one can get close.”

“Yes, Young Master.”

Returning back to her own residence, Wei Liuying stretched her body and changed her clothes. Even though the men’s robes were simpler, she still preferred her women clothing. After all, she was still a woman at heart.

“Miss, can I follow you tomorrow?” Xiao Qing asked with worried tone.

Wei Liuying shook her head. “You should stay here and take care of everything. If I didn’t come back from the hunt, you should be leaving too.”

Xiao Qing was taken aback when she sensed that Wei Liuying had slipped a piece of paper to her. She had learnt how to read and write in the past because she wanted to help Wei Liuying.

“Read this when you’re absolutely alone,” Wei Liuying mouthed out.

“Yes, Miss.”

Wei Liuying smiled. “Good girl. I don’t have the plan to leave during the hunt, but just in case, you two need to take care of yourself.”

“Yes, Miss.”

Xiao Qing felt her heart was heavy after hearing what Wei Liuying said. Her eyes were reddened as she looked at her Miss, but she still obeyed. After all, she knew that no matter what she said, she would still follow what Wei Liuying said.

After settling that, Wei Liuying sighed and returned to her bed. She lied on top of it and looked at the ceiling.

Hopefully, nothing will go wrong in the hunt.


 

The next day, Wei Liuying woke up early and dressed herself up. She had already ordered Xiao Yu to give excuse to her that she wouldn’t participate in the hunt today because she was still feeling unwell. Some people would think that she was simply afraid of Prince Ji Shu while others were thinking of how weak she was, but Wei Liuying didn’t really care.

Her reputation was already bad enough, so it didn’t matter if she added something more. Besides, what was more important was the fact that the news of her getting punished by Prince Ji Shu could leak out as some people already knew about this.

Wei Hong would never do that because he valued the family’s reputation the most. Because of that, Wei Liuying knew that the one who did it would be either Wei Xiao Hua or her own mother and Wei Hong Zheng. They were the only ones who would make use of this matter to tarnish her reputation even further.

Wei Xiao Hua simply hated her while Wei Hong Zheng just wanted to make himself looked better. Though, the news were fairly suppressed as no one openly talked about it so far.

“Miss, it’s time.”

“Yes.”

Wei Liuying wore light blue robe and strapped her hand. The women would be riding on carriages when they were departing, but the males usually rode horse. Some of them would use carriage, but then there were some people who looked down on them because they picked the same method as the women.

As hot blooded as youngster could be, they were unwilling to accept such insult thrown to their faces.

“Xiao Qing, Xiao Yu. Take care of this place.”

“Yes, Miss!”

After ordering the two young girl, Wei Liuying slipped to Wei Hong Zheng’s residence and noticed that her brother had just woken up. It seemed that he was trying hard to study just the night before.

“Second Brother.”

“Go.”

“Yes.”

Wei Liuying heaved a sigh and changed her aura around her body as she slowly made her way out of the room. Huo was already waiting and patiently followed behind Wei Liuying. His eyes were looking at Wei Liuying’s back with complicated emotion.

For the next three days, five days if counted the journey to South Plum Mountain, the one he served would be the young lady. He tried to push the thoughts from his mind as he had to pretend that Wei Liuying was genuinely his young master. Though, just the thought alone left a bad taste in his mouth.

“Second Brother,” Wei Yijun greeted when he saw Wei Liuying who had dressed up as Wei Hong Zheng.

Wei Liuying smiled. “First Brother. Are we going to depart now?”

“Wait a bit more, Second Sister is slow.”

“Ah, I see.”

They had already gotten used with Wei Zilin being slow. It was almost every single day that they had to wait for Wei Zilin when they had to go to the academy. Wei Xiao Hua was also nowhere to be seen, so Wei Liuying could only wait patiently.

Wei Hong and his concubines appeared not long afterwards. Only the concubines who had children were allowed to come in order to watch over their children as many of the younger and underage participants were there.

“Where’s Xiao Hua and Zilin?”

“Sorry, Father. I was making the last preparation,” Wei Xiao Hua said from a distance away. She was wearing light dress that seemed to be easy to move in. Even though so, it didn’t reduce the elegance and beauty that she exuded naturally.

Behind her, Wei Zilin was wearing thicker dress that she usually used on daily basis. Her expression looked bad, as if she wanted to take a large bite from Wei Xiao Hua. However, she still forced a smile out when her father was looking her way.

‘What did Wei Xiao Hua do this time?’ Wei Liuying was confused as she thought to herself.

There would be no way Wei Zilin would show this much hostility without Wei Xiao Hua did something before.

“Shall we depart?”

“Let’s go.”

They all gathered to their respective carriages. Wei Liuying could see her mother from a distance away, giving a fake smile to the other concubines who also participated in the hunt this time. They were only coming to take care of the children, but this was also a great chance for them to socialize.

Wei Liuying who didn’t come had missed out big time.

The journey to South Plum Mountain would take nearly a day of journey based on their pace. Wei Liuying climbed on the horse back and slowly made it walk. She didn’t show her nervousness at all as her teacher had warned her that the horse could know what she was feeling.

If she’s afraid, it would be restless.

So, no matter what, she had to act as if everything was fine.

As they started their journey, Wei Liuying also adapted to stay on the horse back for a long period of time. She could feel her lower half started to feel numb, so she shifted position every few incense sticks’ time. It was quite uncomfortable, but she needed to do it or she wouldn’t be able to last that long.

Wei Yijun was also in the same situation as he had to switch position a bit to make sure that his legs were not numb.

Their journey would take some time, so it was important to take care of themselves.

5