59. An Act Punishable by Death
276 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wei Liuying looked at her brother coldly. There was a faint glint within her eyes that was concealed almost immediately. “Second Brother, do you wish to put the three of us to our death?”

“As long as you don’t get found out, it’s fine,” Wei Hong Zheng retorted. His eyes were blazing with determination. “We’re similar to each other, anyway, so it’s fine.”

As a young girl in her 14, Wei Liuying was a bit small due to a bit malnutrition. Wei Hong Zheng still hadn’t experienced his growth spurt. As the result, the two siblings have similar height with each other.

As for countenance, they were both had their mother’s beauty. However, Wei Liuying looked a bit more similar to their father while Wei Hong Zheng didn’t seem to have his train. If one paid close attention, they would realize that the two siblings were different but from a distance, they were similar.

Feng Chun’s eyes lit up when she heard what Wei Hong Zheng said. “Right, I should have thought about this! Liuying, you’ll dress up as Hong Zheng!”

“Mother, you understand the consequences of lying to the Imperial Family, right?” Wei Liuying asked again.

If she was caught dressing up as Wei Hong Zheng to be able to participate in the Summer Hunt, she would be heavily punished. It was possible that she would be sentenced with death if they were so displeased with her. With her low status, she was sure that it was highly possible.

And at that time, if she brought down Feng Chun and Wei Hong Zheng with her, neither one of the three of them would survive.

Feng Chun sneered. “So what? I can simply say that it’s what you want to orchestrated by yourself. That way, I’ll still able to stay low with Hong Zheng while you can go and rot in the prison.”

Wei Liuying stayed silent for a moment. Her black eyes were staring back at her mother without any emotion from inside. This was not the first time she faced the harsh reality that even her mother wanted her death.

“Why do you put so much importance to the hunt, Second Brother?”

“One, I want the title,” Wei Hong Zheng replied. “Second, I want to give a lesson to Wei Xiao Hua!”

Wei Liuying’s pupil shrunk. “Brother, you know that you shouldn’t make a move against her, right? If Father found out, he’ll be enraged because she’s still the main daughter no matter what.”

“I just want to teach her a lesson,” Wei Hong Zheng complained. He looked at Wei Liuying. “Rummaging her things when she’s away should be fine, right?”

“Second Brother, do you forget that His Highness the Fourth Prince might have sent his men to watch over her residence?” Wei Liuying asked again. From what she knew, it was highly possible for Ji Shu to send his men to watch over Wei Xiao Hua’s residence. The security in Wei Household was not that tight, especially if it has to face highly skilled people who worked for the Imperial Family.

Wei Hong Zheng frowned. “Then what can I do against her? Do you think I can stand being bullied by her all the time?”

Wei Liuying merely looked at her brother. Does he think a little setback was already unforgivable? She had to bear with it every single time and bid her time to equip herself with knowledge and skills while using her wits to escape from dire situation with the minimum impact on herself.

He was truly pampered.

Wei Xiao Hua normally wouldn’t be able to bully him and had to borrow the power from Prince Ji Shu to deal with him. After all, Wei Hong also wouldn’t stay quiet if his son was to get bullied. It was obvious that the position of both the main daughter and his son were equally important in Wei Hong’s eyes.

Unfortunately, Wei Hong Zheng couldn’t see it and continued to whine like a little girl.

“Be patience, Second Brother.”

“Patient?” Wei Hong Zheng sneered. “I wouldn’t be happy unless I could deliver a slap to their faces for messing with me. It’s settled, you’re going to act as me and enter the Summer Hunt.”

Wei Liuying frowned. “Second Brother, are you not worried that you wouldn’t be able to do the same next year?”

“I can just give excuse that I’m not feeling well.”

“Fine.” Wei Liuying knew that she wouldn’t be able to change her brother’s mind. “In that case, I’ll need to have training and you should know that neither one of us are allowed to be seen in public place for the next three weeks.”

“You can train in your back courtyard. It’s not ideal but what you need to do is getting used with bow and arrow,” Feng Chun decided almost immediately.

Wei Liuying looked at her mother. “I can’t ride horse.”

The men were taught how to ride horse in the academy, but Wei Liuying never had the chance to ride one. After all, it would be too conspicuous if she tried to ride a horse in the household.

Feng Chun frowned. “We’ll borrow carriage and departed. You’ll act as a servant when we go to train your skill in horse riding.”

“Fine.”

Wei Liuying no longer said anything and merely listened as both Feng Chun and Wei Hong Zheng were passionate to have her replaced Wei Hong Zheng. All they could think in their mind was if Wei Xiao Hua saw that Wei Hong Zheng was still alive and kicking, what kind of face she would make.

After all, it was plainly obvious that Wei Xiao Hua purposely injure Wei Hong Zheng in order to not let him participate in the Summer Hunt.

“Now that’s settled, you can go back.” Feng Chun raised her chin with a sweet smile on her lips. “Starting tomorrow morning, you’re going to train on your back courtyard.”

“Yes, Mother.”

Excusing herself, Wei Liuying made her way back to her residence. She didn’t stop and remained cautious in case there were men from Ji Shu who was sent to watch over her movements in this place. However, she couldn’t sense anyone.

‘I hope it’s not because their martial arts are far higher than me.’

7