3.The Devil Captain
27 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Han Xin and Dwayne both went back to the shabby cottage. They both didn't know what they should do to avoid this troublesome situation. Even though Han Xin assured his friend he will find a way out of this mess, He had no idea what to do. 

The two slept inside the cottage with a heavy heart. However, Han Xin was still not able to calm himself down, Everything from waking up as a slave -- to not even be able to feed himself felt surreal. He mulled over this predicament for a long time but his situation didn't make sense no matter how logically he tried to think. 

It was entirely beyond what his common sense dictated.

" oh well, It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. It is useless to ponder over spilt water. Now I need to adapt to this change and think of a way out of this slave life "

" There are only two alternatives now. One:  waste your whole life in this place and live a life as a slave or Two:  Run away from this god-forsaken  place and find a way to get back to earth "

" There is no doubt about the alternative I would take but how can I run away? There are at least 10 guards stationed in the farms, If I had a gun it would be as easy as pie to get out of here but combatting with fully equipped soldiers without any equipment is extraordinarily difficult and I  can lose my life over it. Nevertheless, As long I have even 1 per cent chance I have to give it a shot. I have no other options anyway its make it or break it"

Han Xin felt much better after he sorted out his thoughts. 

******

Morning sunlight shined over the shabby looking house, Birds were chirping with vigour, a clear sign of sunny and clear morning. 

Han Xin woke up in a daze, Just to hear hustle and bustle of folks, moving around the cottage. 

" Heyy.... are you awake? Can you work today?" 

A man with a muscular physique was looking at him in questioning tone.

" My legs are hurting... I can walk but probably can't work in the fields" 

" Did you talk to Dwayne? if there is anything I can help with, Just tell me I will help you"

The muscular man said in a helpless tone. 

" Ah don't worry Ben, I will manage somehow"

This muscular man was Ben, Almost 6 foot 3 inches tall with a robust physique. Ben was just 18 years old. He was also a slave in yin household but it was a wonder how this man can grow so big and robust with limited resource yin household provided to slaves. 

In front of Han Xin even though this muscular man was big and robust he was just a teenager. 

Unexpectedly, A man fully adorned with heavy armour and a sword dangling from his waist stepped inside the cottage.  He then looked around in disdain, resting his eyes on Han Xin

" You lazy bums, Get your ass to the field. How long are you planning to Idle?"

The face of a man in heavy armour was etched onto every slave's memory. The man was even nicknamed the devil Captain by the slaves. 

Hearing the exclamation of the devil captain, all the slaves started moving out of the cottage in a rush, One by one they went to the fields. Ben who was standing there with Han Xin also followed other slaves.

After a while, only Han Xin and the devil captain remained inside the cottage.

"What are you doing? are you deaf?"

the Devil captain harrumphed in a cold tone

"Caa...Captain.. yesterday I got into an accident I am not able to walk "

Han Xin could only mumble these sentence suddenly, he felt a piercing pain in his already swollen legs.  He couldn't help but clutch his leg and curl up like a ball. The large footwear covered with metals of the devil captain clearly packed a lot of power in the kick. 

"Arghhhh..." 

Han Xin a person from modern earth who had at least all the basic need fulfilled never had to go through such intense pain in his life. He felt like his legs would explode and his mind started to become dizzy. 

" hmph you lowly slave that can't even walk properly, Useless piece of shit, even animals work day and night to live. What is your life worth if you can't work?"

The devil captain was really annoyed by Han Xin, He never expected that this thin guy has actually broken his legs, Even though he could treat him like shit he couldn't kill him. 

He had the responsibility to look after all the slaves that worked in the field. That means he had one less guy in the field and he had to assign Han Xin's task in the field to other slaves which was a pain in the ass due to farms already lacking necessary servants to entirely cultivate it. 

" You piece of shit won't get a single grain of rice until you start working in the fields again. if you survive next time don't fucking get into accidents"

The devil captain left the cottage fuming in anger. 

Even though the devil captain treated slaves very harshly he believed it was absolutely necessary for a slaves' complete obedience and fear. Otherwise, if any major incident happened in the farms then yin household will simply ridicule his incompetency and remove him from the post. 

Han Xin was still in his stupur but he heard everything the devil captain said very plainly. 

" Damnnnnit allll... Why am in this godforsaken place"

Frustrated  Han Xin started banging his hands on the ground. He was so very frustrated that he wanted to strangle someone. Getting kicked in the legs for absolutely no reason at all and being treated like a shit was really big hit to his self-respect. 

The set of beliefs he held were proven fully obsolete. Modern beliefs held no meaning in this medieval world with barbaric people. 

But Han Xin had not given up rather his will to leave this place was reinforced. He absolutely had to get out of this place or else he would be traumatised for life.

3