Chapter 1 : Soul Crystal
149 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is said that among the many races co-existing peacefully on earth there are seven Dark gods with the 8th being the cruellest and most vicious tyrant known to the worlds, ruling a whole continent, as a separate yet unified entity these creatures are symbols of fear and contempt. The seven deadly sins rule the major cities of this dark empire established on the biggest continent on earth with the 8th supervising.

-------------

With the excuse of finding a suitor, I was allowed to go to the dark empires largest annual ball which the 3rd sin of greed Ryzen annually hosts it's a huge event that allows only the most influential people to enter.

My family also got invited as we control the biggest ocean of Nashua. The sea Dragons are one of the most influential clans.

"I can't believe I have to go to this ball, but I guess it can't be helped if I want to stay humanoid instead of being a 6 storey large lizard".

I had made up my mind when I researched on the Dark god's power's they were the only thing that could disrupt the law of nature and let a rightful dragon like me stay in humanoid form, like a kid has to grow up.

A humanoid teen dragons body changes to become a huge dragon with scales and the whole package.

"It will be hard convincing a sin to help, but being a future dragon empress has its perk" The sins would never help me if I go and say hi, I have to give them something in return and I have just the thing to give. Myself.

No, not physically, spiritually, we dragons have soul crystals if we lose it we die, it can be willingly given away, dragons have been seen doing that to save their companions or father strengthening their sons, that's the reason my father is the emperor his father and many generations have been passing their soul crystal to the next, we are a breed in itself.

An empress like me will survive with even half of my soul crystal, it's really precious as it disappears when we die, it's non-harvestable, such laws are made by the earth itself, the soul crystal is absorbed by the earth and reborn, dragons killed in other worlds are harvestable but transporting is expensive, not to mention an empress like me is invaluable even a fraction of my soul.

"I don't know why I feel proud marketing my own soul... let's finish packing these bags" I mumbled as I paced around my room which was a mess with my research materials and dresses lying around on the floor and bed.

Tomorrow was the day for the ball, the guests are all excited as this is the dark empires 1 of 2 events other than that no one is allowed to enter or visit the empire even for site seeing, the dark empire is a true mystery even it's real name is unknown the dark empire is a popular term picked up after a teenager's blog.

Looking out the window there were huge eyes glaring at me, I'll never get used to them, every time it's a surprise, my brother, he is dragon emperor but didn't inherit mother's pure-blood vampirism like me, although his regeneration is faster than most dragons it's still not on vampire standards.

He's 67, male dragons transform at 20 years of age while female dragons change form at 18 it has something to do with faster reproduction.

Not to mention the fact my father knocked up my mother for the first time when he was 19, talk about early marriage, all dragons change their forms to humanoid naturally for 4 days a month for mating.

A being of more than 6 species is exiled to barren lands as they could cause pandemics, welcome to modern family planning.

"What do you think you're doing? this is a girl's bedroom have some modesty" I shouted, the shock triggered a half transformation turning my hands into dragon claws, dragon scales covered half my face, my normal cat-like Blue dragon eyes turned into red vampiric ones and fangs started to elongate sparkling like two sharpened daggers, my fangs were followed by intense hunger.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you" he replied apologetically noticing my fangs piercing out of my mouth. It actually wasn't his fault. I'm not very good with keeping my emotions in check, I had been on edge with the ball coming up.

"Fuck- off!" I growled back, but this wasn't the time to talk or else I would've bitten into my brothers face, hurriedly I ran downstairs to find my mother, sometimes I hate my room on the 3rd floor, seeing as I can't float or fly yet, hopefully not-ever if my plan succeeds.

"Mom! Mom! I need blood!" I screamed but my voice was broken with my fangs hanging out of my mouth.

Racing to the garden my Mom takes care of, I could feel my hunger multiplying by the second, at this point taking a bite out of these maids doing household chores seemed as normal as eating strawberry custard, just one bite and all that sweetness would melt in my mouth.

Contemplating on this thought I looked down to see myself holding a lycan girl by the neck, ready to sink my fangs in, with a shock I let her go and kept running towards the exclusive family garden.

Reaching the garden, where my mother was reading some manual on fruits and vegetables while filing her nails to perfection, 500 years do that to you. Not that I know her exact age but I guess it's along those lines. Seeing me half transformed wasn't a shock to her as I'm still unable to control my emotions.

She stood up, took my face in her hands and positioned my fangs towards her neck, well...you would think it's wrong or something well for a vampire it's normal, it's comparable to breastfeeding. Doing it with a man is another thing-

Taking her vein, I felt ashamed of the fact that I'm still drinking from my mother. Most vampires stop drinking from their parents at around 10 years of age, while this mess of a daughter is still sucking from her mother, my hybrid nature doesn't give me a lot of option on drinking choices.

After testing blood from many different races it was concluded that I could only drink from my mother or my older sister, drinking from anyone other than them will drive me mad, if I take more than a gulp from any other type of blood other than my mother's or sister's I would get seizures, Credits to my strict vegetarian dragon side, I'm a messed up omnivorous.

Taking greedy pulls one after another, I kept Drinking my mother's blood, it was sweet and tasted like honey with the scent of roses, when I was satisfied I looked at my mother who brushed a strand of stray hair from my face, my hair's a full-on Albino Freak show, it's common in pureblood vampires.

Not to forget my dragon side, it shows itself by an Ocean blue colour like my father on a few strands.

Like always she was worried, her being a vampire was like fire, to the dragon's ice and I was a bearer of both.

"Try to control your emotions better, you could've harmed someone if your careless like this" she warned sternly.

"I apologize, mother, It wasn't my fault that bother of mine jump-scared me" I justified. Which made her smile.

"I'll have him fly me around the whole Sea Dragon territory as punishment ok? Now sweetheart are your things prepared, your fathers mating period start's tomorrow he'll be able to attend the ball" she declared twirling her fingers with a slight blush on her pale cheeks.

"Mother...just so were clear, try not to create any more siblings for me" I advised. Knowing full well what she was planning for the next 4 days.

"Sheesh child, I'm immortal but your father will only live for the next 5000 years, I have to cherish the time I have" She defended.

"Mother, don't you think that's enough?" I questioned. Like really isn't 5000 years enough god if they keep going at it like bunnies, It's hard to imagine how many siblings I'll have in the next 5000 years.

"Sweetie you'll understand someday, on that note, wipe the blood off your face after drinking, or you'll look like a vampher" She sighed giving me a gagging look.

Vampher is also a vampire but like there are species of dragons, vampire and vampher also exist, but vampher are of violent nature and do anything from cannibalising to mass murder.

"Noval dear!" Shouted my father as he came flying down in his huge ocean blue dragon form. The sound dragons make can only be heard by those given permission or people from dragon bloodline at the very least up-to 4 generations.

2