CHAPTER 4 : ? SIN OF ? ZHARGE
71 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon after the announcement an impressively dressed noble from the dark empire started to dance, the other guests followed suit.

After finding a comfortable sofa for planning I looked across the ballroom like I'd suspected from the beginning, my sister hadn't thought this through, she was in a corner drinking herself to sleep.

I hadn't thought about it before...but what would her blood taste like after drinking? would it have...fizz-

"Madam, would you do me the honour of a dance?" A young man from the Angel clan Requested snapping me out of my thoughts.

I appreciated his effort, but still...you don't ask a princess to a dance without a 3rd person as a witness or you never know gossip might spread, peace is but a thread.

"I don't think I feel too well, I'll stay here" I replied politely.

"I implore you madam" He persisted, with a hint of desperation.

Hoho what's this? looking behind the man it wasn't hard to guess. The mastermind was no other than Lady Qilin, Princess of the nymphs. She resents me because her betrothed fell in love with yours truly, not that I care.

This must be one of her tricks to humiliate me, as this is an event of global scale. One look from my brother makes her go the other way, but he couldn't come as his form won't fit.

So...what should I do, to deal with this situation without sending this poor chump to his execution?.

"Sir, I'm feeling dizzy, It wouldn't be best for me to dance" I apologised supporting my head to make it look like I couldn't possibly stand.  He sighed, it was of relief because now, not getting accepted wasn't his fault.

"Madam if your feeling unwell, would you like me to inform someone?" he questioned worriedly. "No kind sir that is un-needed, rest assured, I'll cure myself" I replied licking my lips glancing at my sister who was having an exciting conversation with a wine glass.

"Then I shall take my leave, I apologize if I may have bothered you" He excused himself.
"Nothing of the sort sir" I comforted.

Standing up I went over and sat beside my sister, planting butterfly kisses all the way from her sleeveless arms to her neck, my fangs elongated and eyes changed colour.

Klank! opening my eyes I saw her pouting at me, a wine glass in my mouth. Argh!

"Hey Lil sis your trying to drink me dry aren't you?" she guessed, her speech slurred.

Unhooking my fangs from the wine glass I replied "Nothing of the sort sister I was flashing my fangs to protect you from some rabid beast's".

"Really?!?" She Thundered.
Oh oh..I forgot how battle crazy she is.
"Little sister mine where are these beasts you speak of, you need not protect me" She announced.

Oh boy... Of course not, you dolt. You and I are Dragons, one of the strongest species.

"Ah..um...That way outside, there's a whole pack of them with googly eyes and spikes" I answered hurriedly. Wait...what...googly eyes!?  did I just say that?... She won't be fooled! there are no monsters with googly eyes.

"Alright sister mine you be safe here, I'll bring you their eyes and spikes as souvenirs" Aqua affirmed. My god...she's an airhead. She left the ball to chase down non-existent beasts.

"There she goes, now I won't get to know if her taste had fizz or not" I mumbled feeling anxious all over again, remembering my purpose for coming to this event I searched for Lord Ryzan.

He was at the top of the stairs over-looking the ballroom. Approaching him I bowed trying not to look him in the eyes.

"Lord Ryzan, my greetings to you" I greeted, slightly lifting my gown and lightly bowing. I couldn't really tell if he was looking at me or behind me.

"You're...?"

"I'm the 2nd princess, of the Sea Dragon Clan" I described.

"Umm...you're the one with that lofty title" He revealed.

"Yes Lord, they call me The Blood Drinking Sea Dragon Empress" I assured, my ears turning red.

"Quite lengthy isn't it?" Lord Ryzan pointed out, resting his chin on his finger as if he was deep in thought.

"If you think so lord" I answered carefully.

"Well...enough with the formality, I've been noticing that mind of your's churning deliciously, so what's your purpose for approaching me like this?" Lord Ryzan questioned, It was a clear question, no getting out of this.

Meeting his eyes, I looked straight into them, into the abyss. The woman standing in front of him shall not back down, she has a goal a purpose. That was what I thought but when I did look into them, I shivered...how could someone be brave in-front such evil.

Keeping a brave face. I said, "3rd Sin of Greed Lord Ryzan, I have a deal to make".

He looked surprised by that. After a few seconds dumbfounded he started snickering. "So the 2nd princess of the Sea Dragon Clan wants to make a deal with the devils? what may I ask made you decide to do such a thing?" Lord Ryzan asked.

"As you know Dragons like me break our humanoid form and become true dragons, I just want you to tinker and change that for me so that I may stay in this form" I explained.

"And why would try to change who you are? Your a Dragon be proud, people are born as insects" Lord Ryzan reasoned.

"Actually my plan's thought-out and not some teenager's idea of fun, Dragons live for thousands of years, not to mention me and my siblings are immortal because of our mother, that's a lot of time to pass, my brother is fine with being a huge Dragon, but seeing my sister enjoying small things because she can shift-at-will makes me not want to let these moments go, as I researched abilities of every specie-"

"How did you manage to do that?" Lord Ryzan interrupted.

"Uhm...from the royal library, I graduated from the national university at age 14, and now I'm doing an internship as a military strategist, possibly in the future, I'll be positioned as General" I answered.

"Oh..ok continue" He reminded.

"Where was I?...Ah...I found that even sins can only do something...if they can...before my Dragon form becomes primary, so I took the opportunity to attend this ball and have a conversation with you, in-conclusion this is a well thought out bet" I explained.

He kept thinking for a minute then shook his head, "I'm sorry to inform you that the 3rd Sin of Greed Ryzan does not have the ability to complete this task" He informed.

My heart dropped, so it was hopeless from the start, why did I even bother...did I want to sleep in my bed and lay in my mother's lap that much?...isn't 4 days a month enough.

"Ah..O-ok...I get it, I'm sorry I bothered you, forgive my rudeness" I excused myself, tears stinging my eyes, starting to trail down.
================================================================

RYZANS POV

================================================================

What an interesting girl, she had thought-it-through, she was doing it for an irrational reason but still remarkable...

"Let me give Zharge a call" I mumbled feeling itchy in my tux.

"Damn you! I'm busy with my new experiment call 2096 years later" came a dark voice from the other side.

"Hey bastard don't hang up, I have an excellent specimen for you" I interjected.

"OH, you do  do you?" Replied the Zharge. Looks like I have his attention.

"Yes a girl, a princess to be exact, she needs a favour" I revealed.

"She does does she.. uhm...I'd very much like to meet her" Zharge confessed. Hoho so I had the bastards interest now.

"She's a dragon ready to break skin, and wants to delay or if possible stop the process altogether.

"Crazy one isn't she...how much time does she have, I'll need a year to prepare" He answered.

"2 weeks" I sighed, so it was hopeless, poor girl.

"Bring her to me, I'll see if I can find a loop-hole"Zharge proposed ending the sinner's link.

Well, that went well..where's the girl...perhaps I'll finally get to see something interesting.

2