Chapter 5 : Berserk Dragon Empress
69 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have always struggled with controlling my emotions, but today was one of those days where you don't get to choose and have to succeed, but how? what would it take to win? when you are your enemy.

I excused myself from Lord Ryzan and went outside the ballroom for fresh air. I was too dazed so I didn't notice my fangs stickings out of my mouth until it was too late.

==========================================

AQUA'S P.O.V

==========================================

I searched everywhere but the monster's got away, I was too slow.

"Should I continue searching or should I just give up and go back?" I muttered frustrated. I was halfway back to the ballroom when my vampiric hearing caught a shrill scream, what caught my attention was the scent of blood that followed.

 

Rushing to the scene what I saw, even if someone told me I wouldn't believe or choose to.

 

My little sister covered in blood head-to-toe, sitting on a pile of corpses, smiling as if she just had the best day of her life. Making emoji's with her bloody fingers on a severed head.

 

I knew we shouldn't have let her come to this ball, I came to keep an eye on her, it's my fault I got sidetracked, but I could never imagine a disaster of this extent. How could this happen? It's my fault, the guards should have noticed it too.

We're attending an event of global scale, no one could cover this up, If we protect her the Sea Dragon Clan's diplomatic standing will plummet and the economy would suffer, people will die, I have to think of something if not my sweet little sister could be exiled or possibly executed.

 

No one will miss this opportunity to takeout an interning enemy general, even the best scenario would be her studies and internships being banned, but that could better yet be considered wishful thinking.

 

"Someone will have to pay, be it her or...." I realized the answer. But it would pain her gravely.

 

Using my agility and strength, I knocked her out.

====================================================

Was the darkness always so peaceful, did I live here all my life? life? what was I doing before this...Oh...right I remember I have a family a...life.

 

Faint whispers and a sweet smell woke me up, I could taste salt at the tip of my tongue. My head felt like a bag of rocks, opening my groggy eyes, I focused on the horrifying site around me and my mother crying, back hugging my collapsed body... but she wasn't looking at me as she cried.

 

As I turned to look in front of me, my breath hitched and heart dropped, my beautiful older sister, on the ground with her hands and knees tied like a common slave. Getting whipped, with a cursed flame whip which is known to be fatal to a normal vampire and mortally wounding to a Sea Dragon.

 

I felt my mother's grip on me loosen, she dashed at the guards with her fangs and nails out but was stopped by my father whose expression was just as broken and enraged.

 

Looking at my sister Aqua; admired and cherished by the whole Clan in such a state was more then I could wish to bear, my fangs started to elongate, but my mother interjected and fixed my mouth to her neck, to keep me in control.

 

My sister was silently enduring that torture while I was staying here helpless and protected. Her eyes met mine and what I saw was regret and worry, she laughed..a laugh of...relief? her eyes were crying blood.

 

Vampire tear glands release blood when blood pressure goes over the limit or emotional state drastically changes from the extreme.

 

Unbelievable she was smiling and laughing, she mumbled "take care of them", glancing at our parents. I can't believe I have to see my air-head sister go through all this.

 

Everything was confusing, I couldn't comprehend what was happening. That's when my memories of earlier came back.

---------------------------------------------

"Shit what should I do Aqua is one way and mom is another" I fussed. Both distances were equally long and hard to reach considering my state, with my fangs and scales out I wouldn't be allowed to enter the ballroom. My only option is to find Aqua.

 

With that thought I started using superhuman speed to navigate my way to Aqua, her scent was everywhere probably due to chasing non-existent monsters.

 

Following her scent I found myself in some shady street, my sister was probably jumping on rooftops, what was I thinking walking on the ground, of-course rooftops offer better navigation.

 

Solidifying my feet on the ground I got ready to jump to the roof, but was stopped mid-way, they were seemingly street thugs, ready to use and abuse a poor female.

 

Seeing my fangs and white hair didn't seem to faze them, maybe the dark empire doesn't offer education, I'll be happy to play with them for a minute or two. In flash I cut their tendons, immobilizing them.

 

I was careful though not to taste blood, I couldn't drink it but it makes me go crazy. Especially now that my fangs were already out.

 

One of the immobilized thugs was a Bagete, he regenerated forming his arm into a needle-like shape made with hardened muscles and bone.

 

"You bitch! you won't walk out of this alive!" He bellowed.

 

He wouldn't have hit me anyways so I let him swing his arms in the air, I shouldn't have been so careless, a women came out from a small, almost hidden apartment door with a baby in her hands.

 

I rushed and shielded her with my body because even if were accounting just raw strength a pathetic attack like that wouldn't even scratch me.

 

As it hit me, his needle-arm shattered, gushing blood like a geezer, It caught on my face.

------------------------------------------------------

"Wha-t...what have I done!? I muttered, realizing it was my fault that Aqua was suffering at the hands of some stranger with a whip.

 

With this realization my conscious and sub-conscious fell into the dumps, what remained was a bloodlust and waves of ravaging anger aimed at-myself.

 

"I won't allow you to touch her!" I roared throwing reason and logic off the cliff. Pain surging throughout my body. My bones started cracking, breaking and liquifying.

 

My Albino hair hid from the Ocean blue rampaging all the way to my scalp, my cells multiplying every nanosecond. I started getting thicker, stronger, angrier and crazier.

 

My dad had told me about this, Sea Dragon Emperors and Empresses have a Berserk ability which gives them devastating power but it drives power from their soul crystals.

But because I'm a stable hybrid between a Trueblood vampire and a Sea Dragon Emperor, my ability is tainted, it could be an unstoppable bloodthirsty force unlike anything the Sea Dragons have ever seen or a weak whiff of wind.

 

Weak or strong, this power, this carnal rage and bloodlust this is what I've been hiding in my heart, it's eager and thirsty, I better yet just sit at the side-lines and let my heart do the talking.

After all, it's my showdown, Berserk ability will slowly drain away my soul, this unwavering power it's our death and our salvation, my ancestors slew entire armies with this power, it's the pride of our Clan.

The whole world's watching, if it's my final showdown. Then let's show the world the power we Dragons wield, the power in our blood and our ideals.

Well, now I know whatever this power is...it's not weak.

It was like I was seeing through the eyes of someone else, however, she was huge, if a sea dragon is supposed to be 200 feet than she was probably 500. What a power this is.

Just with my transformation, half the city was destroyed, my breaths wrecked havocs, my stare impaled even the strongest of warriors, to be honest I know I'm evil because I...I was enjoying this, this rush of power, this release and madness.

 

Actually... it was more than that, now that my emotional state had triggered my transformation if this is how it ends...if I was going down anyway why not go down in style? my madness will cover my sister's incident, she won't be charged, she expected me to let her take the blame, as if!... though now that I think about it...my name will probably be hated and spit on for a thousand years.

 

That's true...but.....Who cares!

 

I watched from the back of my mind as my body left the ground and shot up straight-forward towards the sky, leaving an abominable wind pressure behind, destroying houses and guard towers, my mother shielded my father, my sister had superior regeneration.

The others weren't so lucky; the guards who had come to stop me and the ones holding Aqua captive were shredded to pieces. Their bones scattering throughout the city.

 

You could even call me The Berserk Dragon Empress. I was surprised to see the 3rd Sin Of Greed Ryzan flying towards me with wings made from what appeared to be shadows, my body kept going straight-forward towards the sky, I wonder what I'm thinking.

His wings couldn't keep up with my Berserk form's speed, so he engulfed himself in the shadows and became a kind of black smoke, nevertheless, his speed increased drastically.

 

"Damn girl, your strong aren't you?" He taunted. My red vampiric eyes locked on him.

=====================================

RYZAN'S P.O.V

=====================================

What the hell happened to her? she was fine a moment ago. This situation is shit, I can fight on equal terms with a Berserk Dragon. But What the Heavens and Hell is that!?!?.

 

It surpasses gods, I'll need at least another sin to fight on equal terms with her.

 

"Damn girl, your strong aren't you?" I speculated. She seemed to have heard it because her blood-red slits focused on me. Looks I'll have to go all-out to buy time.

 

She charged at me like she was going to enjoy it...no not enjoy, but relish and still starve for more, goddamn she's freaking crazy. What the Hell! What the Hell! What the Hell Am I gonna do with... That.

=====================================================

He removed the shadows from his face and morphed them into a sword, dashing towards me with a war cry. I wasn't gonna back down. After all, it's my final showdown.

2