Chapter 6 : Farewells
44 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My little sister was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, such regal beauty, deadly yet exquisitely lustrous beneath the silver moon, all of the lux et Tenebrae and the world could see her, soaring through the sky as though she owned it.

 

Media with longe range cameras were airing her live.

 

This will damage the Sea Dragon's diplomatic standing temporarily, but give unfathomable benefits in the future. This show of power will probably make the world fear us, not to mention my sister's not an ordinary Berserk Dragon.

 

Yet as I praised her brilliance, deep in my heart I knew, The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long. Even if she's strong, her soul is like any other dragon, not to mention she's still an under-aged child, even if you have a better gun, without bullets it's just a piece of metal.

 

The 3rd Sin Of Greed Ryzan charged at my sister, I wanted to help her, but the wind pressure ripped my muscles to shreds and because of the cursed flame whip my regeneration was on a level of a half-blooded vampire.

 

To be honest, as I witnessed their fight progress, my sister was more than holding her own, even as he kept swapping weapons at an unimaginable speed.

 

He would slash with a sword, use a spear to propel himself backwards, releasing a volley of arrows while evading her attacks. One could say he was a genius in battle.

 

Then he did something I didn't expect, disabling every weapon, he rushed towards her forming shadow claws on his arms, my sister tail smacked him, throwing him off-balance enough for her to dig tunnels through him with her teeth.

 

It was frightening, to say the least, the sin's body was torn in two, blood spraying everywhere, as-if the moon was crying, but Ryzan wasn't done just yet, he dug his claws in my sister's neck, she didn't even feel them. His claws barely scratched her.

=============================================

RYZAN'S P.O.V

=============================================

Didn't expect her to be this strong, I tried every trick and tactic I know, I'll probably die here. Damn, and I had a date planned out.

 

Things don't go your way, do they? Well, at least I've called  Maizi and Qin Yue. They should be able to defeat her...When I'm through.

 

Here goes nothing.

 

Rushing towards her with my ability Claws Of Greed. Focusing too much on her weak points I didn't notice her incoming attack, a tail smack from that big a Dragon hurts like a bitch.

 

I stumbled trying to regain my balance, she used that opportunity to take a bite out of me. Targeting my vital points.

 

Yep, I got torn up into two like a piece of paper. But I wasn't done just yet, my greed is infinite, I won't go down without taking something.

 

I dug my claws into her neck, she didn't even flinch, probably didn't even feel them, well you got a thing coming kid.

 

Activating my ability aimed at her soul crystal, I couldn't wish to take her soul while my entrails rain on the city, but I could at least diffuse some of that power, it will reduce her ability's duration.

============================================================

 

His claws started spreading and enveloping my sister body. Pure evil menacingly darkening the sky and moon, until with a roar The Blood Drinking Sea Dragon Emperess grabbed his upper half with her giant talons and sunk her fangs in, drinking him dry, the evil aura ceased, as did the shadows enveloping my sister, the sin's lifeless husk fell to the ground.

 

The humidity in the sky was really high, she could easily rule the sky as well as the oceans. I looked over at my mother who was silent, not shedding a tear, maybe she had none left.

 

My father sank low on the ground, broken as if life had lost its meaning. I wonder what my brother and my clansmen are thinking about watching these events unfold. Who would have thought this ball would destroy our family.

 

It's my fault, I was here to protect her, If I had done a better job maybe this wouldn't have happened...no, I was too foolish, to not think about my sister's reaction when I sacrificed myself...but either way this would have happened.

 

What could I have done better or was I doomed to fail? as an older sister, a daughter and even as a little sister.

 

The canals started rising, building a wall of water around the city, it was like a tsunami but didn't fall on anyone, it was a display of magnificent authority over water, she twirled herself around the sun tower; it's a building that collects solar energy and provides power for the city, looking like a feral beast ready to destroy everything.

 

If you looked from the eyes of a Sea Dragon Clansman, you'd be singing a different tune, her pose matched the banner of the Sea Dragons; a Giant Dragon twirled around a Giant Tower surrounded by waves of Tsunamis.

 

But that wasn't all, people slowly walked towards her but they weren't being controlled by the mind compulsion as they could talk. Looking closely I noticed the blood from their wounds vibrating... don't tell me, she's controlling the blood in their veins!!.

 

==============================================

NOVAL'S P.O.V

==============================================

I don't know why? but I felt like doing a play, with these actors bowing to the Sea Dragon Clan. Oh! There it is! The first man reached the foot of the tower... ok kiddo try bowing.

 

Haha, he really bowed hmmm... now try rolling on the ground. AHAHAhaha!!! look at him!! hey sis!? sis? bro? where's everyone?

 

Ah... I remember now, I'm about to die soon, after Ryzan's attack my time was cut in half, I probably have only an hour left before I perish.

 

If only I could feel my mother's palm on my cheeks once again, chat with my father, drink dry my air-head sister and get pestered by my brother. Even If I could get one of these I'd die happy.

 

My brother's not here, my sister half-dead, my father and mother broken.

 

One by one all the citizens of Codicia bowed in front of me. But none of them brought me happiness only pathetic whimpering and screams, my anger towards myself only increased, I couldn't possibly look my sister in the eyes after the pain I caused her and am about to in an hour my death will destroy my family, but so would my sister's.

 

Between the two of us, let this rowdy daughter kamikaze for the rest of you.

 

But first, I'll say my farewells.

=============================================

After staying on the tower for a few minutes, making people bow to her, she slowly unravelled upwards, using water droplets to fly through the sky.

 

The night air was moist yet filled with dread, the stench of death and the metallic smell of blood. Smoke was rising up in many places, screams in other.

 

My sister descended slowly, sliding through the air with ease, she looked my way but didn't meet my eyes, averting her gaze quickly. She slid past me stopping after reaching our mother, she towered over her.

 

Our mother held out a hand and touched her carefully "Your beautiful sweetie" she spoke as a tear trailed down her pale cheeks.

2