Chapter 7 : Lux and The War Of Gods
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the continent of Lux, the holy pearl empire launched a large scale war against the Draken federation.

Draken was the majority in the region both in manpower and land.

The holy pearl empire was little more than a single city of the federation.

The Draken troops confident of their victory, countered the pearl invasion, while the soldiers fought, the leaders sat across each other dumbfounded due to the recent turn of events.

"What could the enemy be thinking? they don't hold a candle to our forces, I was right we shouldn't have given them enough time to gather an army, that country should've been annihilated a hundred years ago!" Bellowed a Draken general, his body visibly seething with anger.

"Who could've predicted this outcome? a hundred years ago they only wanted to make trade zones, Katan you were there when we agreed to their proposition" Countered another general.

Katan who was seething with anger a moment ago stilled, his anger turning to remorse. Yes, they were there when the humans first wanted trade, fooled by the sparkle of silver, they gave hordes of products from spices to fabric to the humans.

Some went as far as to sell their daughters and wives to humans for modern goods. Little did they know this shine and sparkle was fake, the jewellery, cutlery and armour everything was fake.

They were being fooled, the silver was fake. Gold hadn't been discovered yet on Lux and even on the human mainland, a few small mines were operating. A human who fell in love and married the Draken princess inspected the goods and found that his people were trading fake goods.

The Draken was a strong race, they didn't need armour as their scales would suffice, the armour was nothing more than a show of power and nobility when it would break easily, they ignored, boasting about their scales being stronger than those armours made by puny humans.

Not only were the goods fake and faulty but most of the products were crudely made of the lowest standard, when the human husband of the Draken princess checked the quality, finding the cutlery to be worse than bowels for farm animals, the armour and jewellery were on a similar standard. Headpieces used for cows were sold as beautiful jewellery of the mainland, that too was made crudely.

He guessed the humans made everything as cheap as possible with little to no expense of time, manpower and skill. The Draken who were ignorant and prideful realized their mistakes when a knowledgable human aristocrat revealed the truth.

It wasn't as if many other humans hadn't told the Draken about this knowledge, the Drakens were just too prideful to ever take anyone's advice.

"Zarif you are right none could've known this outcome, the greed of humans knows no bounds, even when we forgave them for toying with us," An old commander remarked, his violet scales had lost their texture and sharpness, becoming a symbol of his experiences.

"We will gain nothing by reminiscing on the past, what we should do is plan out our next strategy, the enemy is advancing, Katan's flame infantry has engaged the newbard camp" Declared the Draken king.

"Newbard will be dealt with by nightfall sire, my troops shall not let you down!" announced Katan rather enthusiastically.

"Sire we have new intel, it is being told, the humans have a thousand warships sailing towards Lux, were considering it their backup, we must be cautious, the enemies rapid reproduction works in its favour" Zarif disclosed gloomily.

He knew the Draken army was strong but the enemy numbers were horrifyingly huge. The humans were probably planning this war from the start, if they can muster such a huge force, the warships sailing to Lux can carry an estimated 600 troops each and the number of ships easily point out the horde of nearly 600,000 back-ups.

Not to mention the already 200,000 troops advancing towards Ryaql the Draken capital.

The Draken 240,000 troops were insignificant in front of such a huge force, even if they could hold, the Draken territory is huge and splitting up forces could mean defeat.

"For this issue my strategy is, defeat the advancing army and stronghold key areas to defend against the invasion" The king proposed.

"Sire such a strategy is a good one for this war, but it's a dangerous one, If we're late in defeating our foe than the humans can regroup and launch a counter" The war hero Celeb pointed out, he had been in many wars, he knew the risks and the fragility of decisions.

"Is that so? Then, Sir Celeb, can you tell us a better one?" The king questioned, he wasn't annoyed, far from it, in such dire times it was his duty to care for his people rather than sate his pride.

"Oh, I have a brilliant one" Replied Celeb showing rows of shiny sharp teeth.
----------------------------------------------
Beyond the reach of mortals, away from the eyes of the worlds, another struggle was going on.

It came to conclusion after what felt like an eternity. The gods were ever-existing, omnipotent, each an element of mortal culture, be it sins or virtues.

No, the thoughts of mortal did not make gods, they didn't dream or believe to birth gods. It was the gods who embraced mortal cultures they deemed worthy. Contrary to mortal believes the sins and virtue gods didn't hate each other, the gods of selflessness and greed were the best of friends.

But soon, tensions rose, slowly but surely factions were made. What would be characterized as good and evil. Sin and Virtue. Yet peace remained.

However, a war between the gods erupted on the control of Phelfer. It was a huge planet, with the countless virtuous people. Likewise, it also hosted a huge population of sinners.

Both factions with their interests in mind fought. The war raged eternal, as gods cannot be killed not even by themselves, they soon made avatars and fought on Phelfers, but that too came to a stalemate as each god would just make another avatar. They even raised armies against each other, to no avail.

That is until the 8th sin showed up tipping the balance of power, yet even if the gods can't be killed they could at least be pushed from Phelfer, after-all pride was also a Sin.

And they succeeded, the sins won against the virtues, but at what cost, phelfer was ruined and the pitiful mortals that fought in the name of gods died, there was no gain from this war only destruction and desolation.

Disheartened, both the Sins and Virtues went to other planets, only to find them decimated. The slashes in time, reality, space and countless other godly attacks had destroyed most planets, rendering them uninhabitable or going supernova.

What had they done? What could they do now? Was this their punishment towards themselves? To suffer in the dark? How will eternity feel like alone?

They were gods so many didn't feel lonely or bother to, they had each other, 8 Sins and 7 virtues.

An eternity passed, time wasn't a concept, they were infinity, no start no stop.

They had an idea, what if they created their own world? their own races? There wouldn't be fights than, afterall they had come to treasure each other like family, the factions remained, but only as a sign of remembrance.

They were gods, nothing was impossible for them. It was decided they would create their own world.

So, they did just that...
---------------------------------------------------
The human army arrived at Lux on the shore of Ogh, They were 400,000 strong, but the moral was not good, they had lost 200,000 troops, nearly 330 warships to the sea monsters.

"What happened here!?" General Fredric why does it look like you've already died twice when we haven't even started yet!" Roared the King Of Holy Pearl empire.

"My king I have rather displeasing news" The commander lowered his head, his body black and blue, remnants of death and ashes evident.
"Speak quickly or your death will be slow" Sneered the king.

"My king, the D troops flew overhead and threw lumps of dead meat, at first it killed some of our men, but their attempt failed, we were overjoyed as our food stock increased, but that was only until they started throwing bags of blood and gore, we didn't understand their intention at first, I had thought they were trying to make us frightful, but those beasts had other plans" Explained the General. The king had readily gone quiet listening intently the story.

"The humongous beasts of the ocean assaulted us as the blood awoke them from their slumber, we fought, but a 100 ship only brought down a single beast, after much re-routing we barely made it to the shore" The general finished quickly, as to save his neck from being severed.

"I understand, your solders must be tired, let them have their way with the drakonian women we have captured, those beasts could at least satisfy our men if it's the only thing they'd ever do worthwhile" The king answered.

"Oh and better to impregnate them, they could at least restock our troops" The king inserted before walking off.

"Yes Sir!" Saluted the general before licking his lips in anticipation.

Draken was humanoid when agitated they turn into their Draken form, but drugs could prevent that. Besides Draken women were the beauty of another world, they were all fair coloured, which had become the standard for humans.

Compared to their male counterpart which had scales everywhere except their head, palms and lower leg. Draken women had scales existing only at their necks and outer thighs.

Though some variations existed.

The general would be having a busy night tonight, after all, they needed more soldiers.

2