Chapter 1: Endless Regret Part 1
18.7k 14 169
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Chapter 1: Endless Regret Part 1

"Fei Fei...Why?" Lu Chen hoarsely said as he fell to his knees, holding onto the bloody wound on his stomach. His voice quivered in disbelief at his wife's betrayal.

 

Her crystal-like black eyes shine through the darkness. 

 

Her onyx eyes shined in the dark. A peerless porcelain white face devoid of any impurities. Lu Chen's wife, Liu Fei Fei, was a goddess. Just by standing anywhere, she would make the area seem like world-class artwork.

 

The two were childhood friends, arranged to be married to each other by their families. When Lu Chen heard about this arrangement, he was over the moon. 

 

He loved Liu Fei Fei ever since he was a child.

 

Lu Chen swore he wouldn't let his wife suffer and that every day would be the happiest day of her life. And that he did. Every single day, whatever she wanted, he would do it. 

 

Some orders were nearly impossible to accomplish. But Lu Chen would find some way to accomplish Liu Fei Fei's demands.

 

Each and every time, Lu Chen would tell her about accomplishing it. He had a look of longing. Lu Chen wanted to be praised by the woman he adored, but the only thing she said to him was,

 

"Oh. Is that so." And what she gave him was an indifferent gaze. The gaze of indifference: displaying no ounce of compassion or love.

 

Even now, she showed no guilt or remorse as she held onto the knife that stabbed Lu Chen's stomach. 

 

Lu Chen slowly got up from his knees and placed one hand on her shoulder, "Fei Fei, I love you more than anything. I know that you didn't like marrying me in the beginning. But aren't there any feelings?"

 

Yet, no response.

 

A slow sense of thread burrowed into his heart. Tears formed in his eyes as he continued, "We've been together since we were kids. How could you do this to me?"

 

When Lu Chen brought up their history together, Liu Fei Fei's expression finally changed. That indifference turned to coldness as she glared at Lu Chen. She slapped his hand off as if it was a fly.

 

From her gaze, Lu Chen was stunned by Liu Fei Fei's expression,

 

"Lu Chen, let me ask you; when have you ever loved me?" Her statement was cold as ice, devoid of any emotion.

 

"Fei Fei! What do you mean?! I loved you ever since we were kids!" Lu Chen roared. More tears trickled down. It mixed with the blood he coughed out. 

 

How could she doubt my love for her?! Lu Chen was in disbelief. The love of his life didn't realize how much she meant to him. 

 

Liu Fei Fei chuckled at the baffled Lu Chen, "Love me? You forced me into this marriage, don't you remember?!" She remembered how Lu Chen threatened to kill himself if she didn't marry him. 

 

Liu Fei Fei declared, "That isn't love. It's an obsession. You're a sick person!"

 

Her words pierced Lu Chen's heart.

 

"Hic...No...Hic...I don't believe it." 

 

Liu Fei Fei continued, "Accept reality. I never slept with you in our eight years of marriage. I will never show you my affection." The two slept in different rooms, much less in separate beds.

 

Lu Chen wanted to continue, but all he saw were her hollow eyes, devoid of emotion or warmth. The same dull eyes she had given him throughout their years of marriage. 

 

It had clicked for Lu Chen. He didn't want to believe it was true. But he was forced to now. Liu Fei Fei's heart has no ounce of love for him.

 

As Lu Chen processed this thought, a figure walked through the front door.


Chapters 1 and 2 will be in different tenses because I'm editing them. 

169