Chapter 5: Change Part 1
12.6k 7 181
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Change Part 1

 

Lu Chen left the mansion, wearing a white school uniform. The uniform made him pristine and noble. But it was offset by the long hair he had. 

 

I'll deal with it later. Lu Chen walked towards a 70-year-old man dressed in a butler attire. He smiled and greeted him, "Elder Wu, good morning."

 

Elder Wu was the butler of the Lu family for two generations. He had been supporting his family from the time of Lu Chen's grandfather to now his. 

 

Elder Wu smiled, "Good day, young master. The car is ready." He opened the door of a black limousine for Lu Chen to enter. 

...

As Elder Wu drove, Lu Chen looked out the window. He was lost in thought. How do I change the past? There were many ways to do this. What was the best way for him to accomplish his goals? 

 

But first things first, 

 

"Elder Wu, what's today's date?" Before figuring out what he had to do, he needed to know how far back he was sent in the past.

 

"Young master, today is May 10th." Elder Wu said as he drove, not minding the sudden question.

 

May 10th, huh? I got about a month. It should be enough time to study and fine-tune my knowledge to pass the exam. The exam Lu Chen thought of was the gaokao.

 

In his previous life, Lu Chen didn't study at all for the gaokao. 

As a result of this, he bombed the test with flying colors. Thankfully he was able to get into a decent college. 

 

But it was thanks to his father's influence and a hefty donation to the college.

 

Lu Chen sighed in relief. At least he was sent back far enough to change most of the problems. 

 

But there was one thing he had to change first. 

 

"Elder Wu, take me to the barbershop for a haircut after school." He needed to get rid of his long hair. It covered his face too much and blocked his vision. 

 

His words caused Elder Wu to pause. Is the young master serious?! He was confused by the sudden change of heart. He kept his hair long for the past three years. Lu Chenonly cut it when there were split ends. 

 

Other than that, he was adamant about not doing anything to it. 

 

When the car stopped at a red light, Elder Wu turned to Lu Chen. He wanted to make sure, "Young master, are you sure you want to cut your hair?"

 

Lu Chen nodded, "Elder Wu, I am sure. It's annoying when I have to wash it, and it blocks my vision too. The weather is getting hotter too. I could use a scrunchy to tie it up or cut it all up. I chose to cut it all off."

 

"Understood. I will find a suitable hair salon by the time school ends." The light turned green, and Elder Wu went back to driving.  

 

"Thank you, Elder Wu." Lu Chen smiled. 

 

Another surprise hit Elder Wu. He hadn't heard Lu Chen thank anyone for quite some time now.  

 

Elder Wu shook his head, "Young master, you don't need to thank me. As a butler, it's my duty to support you."

 

"I still want to thank you." Lu Chen said calmly. And many things as well. 

 

Lu Chen stopped talking as he continued to look out the window. 

 

Lu Chen understood why Elder Wu questioned him about getting a haircut. He couldn't blame him for it. If Lu Chen was in Elder Wu's shoes, he would've done the same thing. 

 

Looking back on the reason, it was a pretty stupid one. Lu Chen chuckled about how he acted in the past.

181