Chapter 9: Finally! He Gets It
11.7k 18 182
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: Finally! He Gets It

 

"You remember everything now?" Zhang Jian asked. 

 

"..." Lu Chen didn't respond. But he knew that Lu Chen's silence meant yes. Zhang Jian sighed, "You had me worrying these few days. And you kept skipping classes too."

 

Lu Chen remembered he went to the arcade. He was too embarrassed and humiliated to go back to class.

 

"Seriously. Why do you even like that vixen?!" Zhang Jian was confused. No matter how much Liu Fei Fei destroyed Lu Chen's dignity and pride, Lu Chen continued to return to her! It was a puppy going back to his master. 

 

Lu Chen shrugged, "I don't remember why I even love her too" With all the failed attempts, plus more in counting from his older self, it was surprising why he still loved her before. 

 

Zhang Jian sighed at how calm Lu Chen acted. He said earnestly, "Lu Chen, if you consider me your brother, stop asking Liu Fei Fei out. She's killing you without batting an eye."

 

It was heartbreaking to see his friend's feelings ripped apart like that. 

 

Liu Fei Fei doesn't even see Lu Chen as a human. Can't you see that? Zhang Jian gritted his teeth as he knew Lu Chen was blinded by his love for the girl. 

 

"Alright, I will stop chasing after Liu Fei Fei." Lu Chen said calmly. 

 

"..." What did they say? Zhang Jian was going to say something else but was paused by Lu Chen's words. His eyes turned wide as he couldn't believe what he heard,

 

"Brother Chen, can you repeat that?"

 

"I will give up on Liu Fei Fei." Lu Chen stated again. 

 

"Really?!" Zhang Jian grabbed Lu Chen's shoulders and shook him! But then he asked, "Did that incident hit your head hard?" The incident was more ruthless than the other times he received.

 

Lu Chen shook his head, "No. It's not that. I've been trying to get Liu Fei Fei's attention for these years. And what has that gotten me? Nothing. It won't do me any good if I keep continuing."

 

When Lu Chen explained, he didn't realize Zhang Jian had burst into tears. 

 

Finally, he gets it. Zhang Jian wanted to make Lu Chen realize this for so long. He spent so much time on that vixen. But now he realized it wasn't worth it.

 

"Hey! Why are you crying?" Lu Chen was confused as to why his friend was bawling his eyes out.

 

Wiping his tears away, Zhang Jian said, "Nothing, man. Just got dusk in my eyes." He threw his arm around Lu Chen's shoulders, 

 

"You don't have to worry about anything anymore, brother Chen. I'll introduce you to so many girls that are better than that vixen."

 

He prepared a list of different girls he thought had a better style and personality for his best friend to pursue.

 

Zhang Jian was about to show him the list, but Lu Chen rejected his idea, "I don't want to date any girls right now."

 

Dating right now was too annoying and tedious.

 

Pursuing Liu Fei Fei for so long already burned any energy he had left to start dating again. His main priority was to protect his family.

 

"But brother Chen, you can't give up on dating just because of one girl. The girls I chose are definitely waifu material! Take a-" Zhang Jian was about to pull out his phone when the class bell rang. The teacher entered the room. 

182