Chapter 96: The Getaway
7.2k 3 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 96: The Getaway

While Lu Chen ran out of the class, Feng Meifeng stood there, motionlessly with her hands out like Lu Chen was still in front of him. It took her a few moments to process what just happened. The moment she finishes processing, her expression turns to that of a devil!

 

"LU CHEN! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!!" Feng Meifeng explodes out in rage! It's like a ticking time bomb that was at its limit now exploding! When she explodes, her classmates jump up from how angry she was.

 

"Oh no! The class monitor is exploding! Everybody make a run for it!" One of the students warns the other as he left the classroom. Immediately, the other follows suit, leaving the classroom, not wanting to face her wrath. 

 

Now, the only person left in the room is Feng Meifeng. From how their first reaction was to run away, Feng Meifeng's mouth gaped. Am I that scary? 

 

She questions herself as she thought if she had been acting too harsh. But when she remembers Lu Chen escaping her and treating her nonchalantly, Feng Meifeng's anger comes back! 

 

Lu Chen, this is all your fault that they think I'm scary!

 

Little did Lu Chen know that he was getting blamed for something that he didn't do. Well, maybe caused half.

...

 

Lu Chen stops running after he gets to the front door of the school. Guilty had been all over his face. Sorry, class rep. I know you mean well, but I will do it later. And besides, I'm a grown man. I can't let a child worry about me. Lu Chen knew Feng Meifeng was doing it for his own good, but it felt weird. An 18-year old child was telling him, a middle-aged man, to get his life in order.

 

Also, the curious looks he got from his classmate were something that he couldn't stand. He felt that he was a monkey in a zoo being looked at by so many eyes, waiting for Lu Chen to do something. 

 

Even now, Lu Chen still couldn't get used to the students consistently staring at him outside and inside the school. He sees Elder Wu's car and quickly runs towards it. Elder Wu notices a speeding Lu Chen and greets him, "Hello, young-." Before he could finish his greeting, Lu Chen jumps into the car and quickly closes the door. 

 

He rolls the window down slightly as he said in a quick voice, "Elder Wu, quickly get in and drive. We need to get out of here! I'm going to die!"

 

At first, Elder Wu didn't understand why Lu Chen was acting so paranoid around the school. Are there enemies targeting the young master? He quickly scans the surroundings. However, there are only students around. However, all the students around were mostly girls.

 

And he finally realizes why Lu Chen was acting so paranoid. But a smile forms on his mouth. To think the young master is so popular with the ladies.

 

The female students gaze at the car. Some of the girls look at them blatantly or secretly. While others were lurking behind a wall were secretly observing while trying not to get seen. 

 

Whatever type of way they were using to look at the car, they all had the same gaze. The gaze of hungry predators looking at their next prey to feast on, that's what their look meant.

 

Elder Wu then looks back at Lu Chen and how much of a sheep he is being. He laughs at how lucky Lu Chen is with the ladies, but the man in question treats them like the plague.

 

“Elder Wu, why are you laughing? Hurry up and get in, and let’s get out of here!” Lu Chen couldn’t take the gazes of the girls. It felt like he was on the chopping board, ready to get sliced. Hopefully, it will die down after a few days.

 

Elder Wu chuckles more as he gets in the car and drives. While he drives the car, Lu Chen looks out the window. Looking outside, Lu Chen checks to see if there were still girls looking at their vehicle. Seeing how there weren’t any more girls, he sighs in relief.

 

But what made Elder Wu interested was how Lu Chen was able to sense presence so easily. 

123