Chapter 97: Like An Ordinary Child
7.6k 5 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 97: Like An Ordinary Child

If it was an ordinary person, they wouldn't be able to differentiate if it was killing intent or not. It would be just an odd feeling to them. However, Elder Wu wasn't going to ask him as he jokes, 

 

"Young master, shouldn't you have fun and be a hotblooded youth and bathe in all of those female gazes?" 

 

Well, Elder Wu had been half-joking.

 

Remembering the past, Elder Wu remembers when Lu Chen's grandfather was the same age as Lu Chen; he's the definition of what a playboy should be. Super flirtatious and seductive. Lu Chen's grandfather had at least two women with him every single day to play around with. And the person who would stop his grandfather from going too far with these women is Elder Wu. Those days had been the funniest and most dangerous days of his life with his grandfather.

 

However, Lu Chen furrows his brows as he looks at Elder Wu, " Why would I ever do that, Elder Wu? Girls who only rely on looks to define someone's character would divorce me the moment I lose all." The words he said were firm. He couldn't trust anybody that would base a person on their looks. Most certainly, that person could not be his girlfriend. It would destroy the Lu family's reputation. 

 

While Lu Chen is firm with his thoughts about women, he doesn't realize what caused it. Liu Fei Fei's betrayal had affected him more than he realizes.   Due to this betrayal, Lu Chen began to develop a great distrust towards people around him. Although some of the students had been gazing at Lu Chen out of curiosity and fascination, he thought it was something else entirely. Malicious and scheming were the first thing that comes into Lu Chen's mind. 

 

The only people who aren't on his radar were those who are closest to him. 

 

From how serious of an expression Lu Chen is making, Elder Wu felt conflicted. The child was nothing like his grandfather. 

 

One of the things that held back his grandfather from becoming stronger was his sense of freedom. The man was too obsessed with picking up girls and partying all night long. His grandfather could have succeeded more in his younger days if he had become more serious about his life.

 

Naturally, he felt happy that Lu Chen is sensible for his age, unlike his grandfather. However, it's because of his grandfather's sense of freedom that made the Lu corporation where it is. His sense of carefreeness allowed his grandfather to have a broader understanding of what's around him. Lu Chen, on the other hand, was too strict with himself. He felt that Lu Chen would not be able to focus on the bigger picture.

 

Elder Wu felt that Lu Chen should slow down on trying to grow up. He should be enjoying his life like an ordinary child. He shouldn't be focusing so much on the family when Lu Xiaotong and Zhang Wenling could still hold down the fort.

 

But right now, Elder Wu's role is only to watch over him. He cannot decide for himself what his choices are. The thing Elder Wu could do is to be a guide for him, leading him to not go down the wrong path. 

 

Yet, Elder Wu couldn't help but praise him, "Young master, at such a young age, you already understand what type of people you should be friends with. Sometimes I wonder how old you actually are?" Elder Wu felt like he isn't looking at a teenager. Instead, it felt like he's looking at a 40-year-old man, hiding his fangs for the perfect opportunity. 

 

Lu Chen scratches his head in embarrassment. He couldn't say anything because he has the mind of a middle-aged man.

 

How crazy would he have sounded if he told Elder Wu the truth?

 

"Well, I have to mature at some point. Better late than never." Lu Chen says as he continues, "Oh, and Elder Wu. Do you know who was sending that killing intent towards me?"

 

Elder Wu nods his head, "Young Master, you don't need to worry about who was sending the killing intent towards you. It was nothing more than a minor bug." 

 

Liu Fei Fei was just a child who was sending off killing intent all sporadically that anybody with skill could feel it. Even though the killing intent was real, it was nothing more than just a child acting angry.

117