Chapter 99: Processing
7.2k 7 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 99: Processing

In his previous life, Lu Chen wasn't supposed to be the CEO of the Lu corporation. It should have been Lu Hao. After Lu Xiaotong passed away in the car accident, Lu Chen's grandfather took control. Before his grandfather passed away, he said that Lu Hao would be the person to succeed him.  

 

However, after a few months of becoming the CEO, Lu Hao suddenly disappeared! With Lu Aotian having no intention of taking over the business, Lu Chen was forced to take the CEO role.

 

Lu Chen hadn't thought it was strange yet when Lu Hao had disappeared. It was only when another occurrence occurred that made him aware of the situation. Lu Aotian suddenly dying was something that hit the mark for Lu Chen. 

 

When he tried to find any clues about the two of them, nothing came up. It was like the two had vanished into thin air.

 

Somebody is definitely targeting the Lu family. Lu Chen thought. The person had been picking off every one of his family members one by one, like plucking a bird's fathers. First, it was Lu Xiaotong, who's the pillar of the Lu family. Then it was Lu Hao, who was the most prominent person and CEO of the Lu Corporation. Then they went for Lu Aotian for the third, who had become an influential government official.  

 

And the person also knew he didn't need to do anything to Zhang Wenling after the three. The person knew with the loss of her husband and son, it will drive her to insanity and grief. Once everybody was dead, it was finally time for Lu Chem to face his death.

 

Whoever is targeting us, they're probably close to all of us. The reason why Lu Chen came to this conclusion was the person's targeting process.

 

Lu Chen realizes if the person targeted him due to hating the company, they would have killed him after killing Lu Hao. Without a person at the helm of the Lu Corporation, the company's structure would become crazy. The company will become a pack of greedy wolves without a leader. 

 

The Lu corporation would have infighting as the people from the inside will be gunning for the spot of Corporation would have infights as the people from the inside will be gunning for the CEO spot. While on the outside, other powers would try to sallow up whatever they can get. 

 

However, this person didn't think that way. The person knew the Lu Corporation would be ruined even with Lu Chen alive. Lu Chen was naive and too hotblooded to lead a company. He also had one major weakness; Liu Fei Fei. Almost everybody knew about Lu Chen's love for Liu Fei Fei. The murderer knew by using Liu Fei Fei, he could manipulate Lu Chen to do whatever they want.

 

Lu Chen ponders even harder. The only person that could make Liu Fei Fei do anything he wanted is Long Shen.

 

The only person he could think of was him. Liu Fei Fei was at the beck and call to all of Long Shen’s demands. He also knows of the one-sided love between Lu Chen and her. Not only this, Long Shen’s last words to him was that he took his company from him. 

 

So the main suspect should be Long Shen. But Lu Chen still thought of Long Shen as a suspect. It’s likely him. But why and how? He couldn’t understand why Long Shen would try to target him.

 

Was it because he stole Liu Fei Fei from her? No, if it’s him, Liu Fei Fei should be nothing more than a tool to use.

 

Lu Chen remembers seeing how after he and Liu Fei Fei got married, Long Shen had found another rich young woman to manipulate. He knew Long Shen is the type of person that would treat girls like tools and throw them out after he has no use for them. However, not many people can see it as Long Shen had hidden his true self from others really easily.

 

From how Long Shen acted, Lu Chen was still having trouble figuring out the motive in taking out his entire family. But there was a bigger problem than the reason as;

 

How?

113