Chapter 102: Don’t ever give up
6.7k 4 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 102: Don’t ever give up

Lu Chen knew if he doesn't run the ten laps, then he wouldn't be able to earn back Elder Wu's trust again.

 

It's just ten laps, no big deal. It shouldn't be a problem. 

 

As Lu Chen began to jog out through the backdoor, Elder Wu had been staring at his back. 

 

How long will he last? Elder Wu wasn't expecting Lu Chen to finish the ten laps at all. However, there's a reason why he wanted Lu Chen to run around the Lu manor. He wanted to see how much stamina he had to work with. 

 

If Lu Chen has a solid foundation, Elder Wu will start training him in everything he knows. If Lu Chen's the latter, then Elder Wu will have to improve his stamina, causing the training process to be longer.

 

As Lu Chen continues to run around; You can do this, you can win, you got this. As he runs, in his mind, he hypes himself to ignore how much he'll be running. 

 

But what Lu Chen didn't realize is that he had already run three laps! Elder Wu couldn't help but praise him.

 

Good. It looks like I have something to work with.

 

He thought Lu Chen would have slowed down on the second lap. But it seems that Lu Chen had broken his expectation as he continues at the same pace.

 

Another few minutes have passed, and Lu Chen is on his sixth lap now.

 

Lu Chen's breath became raggedy now. Dammit, why did I not work my body out?! Even though Lu Chen's on the fitter side, he had done no exercise to obtain it. 

 

While Lu Chen is cursing himself out, his pace is still consistent as he hasn't slowed down at all. Elder Wu looks at him in surprise. He didn't expect Lu Chen would be able to run about 12 miles. 

 

Could he actually finish ten laps?!

 

Another few minutes later, while Lu Chen had broken the ninth lap, Elder Wu looks at him with his mouth slightly rigid. How can the young master still keep going at this pace?! He thought Lu Chen would faint at the sixth lap from exhaustion. 

 

It seems that I underestimated the young master. Maybe I need to up the training then. Elder Wu makes a devious smile as he thinks of new training methods.

 

While Elder Wu is thinking of this, Lu Chen, on the other hand, forgot what lap he was on as the only thing that kept going through his mind was;

 

Don't ever give up!

 

He couldn't give up. If he did, then coming back to the past would have been worthless. If I cannot prove to Elder Wu that I am serious with training, everything means nothing. How could I ever take revenge on Long Shen?

 

The scene of Long Shen embracing Liu Fei Fei in his arms came into his mind. Remembering the only thing he could do was to lay on the ground and watch like a dog made Lu Chen boil with rage!

 

Out of blind anger and rage, Lu Chen subconsciously started to speed up. In his fury, Lu Chen doesn't realize he was about to begin his eleventh lap. Before he could do it tho, Elder Wu shouts at him,

 

“Young master, stop! You already ran ten laps!”

 

Lu Chen pauses and turns to look at Elder Wu. I already finished ten laps? He’s slightly tired, but he didn’t feel that he had run so long. He asks Elder Wu, “Elder Wu, Did I pass?” Lu Chen could care less about whether he’s exhausted or not. He wants to find out if he got his chance back.      

 

Elder Wu looks at him in amazement. You’re still worried about whether you pass or not? He nods to the child, “You earn back your chance. You showed me that you have the drive to learn. But don’t get complacent.”

 

Lu Chen nods his head as he asks, “Elder Wu, How long did I run?”

 

Elder Wu took out his phone from his pockets, and the time it was right now was around 6:10. The time it took Lu Chen to finish 10 laps was two hours and 10 minutes, making him average 13 minutes a lap.

 

His speed and stamina are comparable to a marathon runner.

 

An elite marathon runner would average around the four to five-minute range a mile, but that's with training and years of dedication to pull that off. On the other hand, Lu Chen doesn't have any sort of preparation. Yet, he’s able to get something close to it.

111