Chapter 104: A Prodigy?
6.7k 8 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 104: A Prodigy?

Lu Chen did it before Elder Wu could explain it to him. Sh*t! I think I just messed up. When comparing his jab to Elder Wu's, Lu Chen didn't hear any noise coming from it. He assumes that he did it wrong. Turning his head at Elder Wu,

 

"Sorry, Elder Wu. Got ahead of myself there." Lu Chen scratches his head as he apologizes. He had been too excited about how fast Elder Wu punched and wanted to try it out himself. 

 

However, Elder Wu stays silent while he looks at Lu Chen.

 

"Um, Elder Wu? You ok?" Lu Chen looks at him in concern as to why he isn't speaking. Is it because I went ahead without his instruction? 

 

"Lu Chen, could you do that jab again?" Elder Wu wanted to make sure what he saw wasn't an illusion. 

 

"Sure." Lu Chen didn't know why but he still did the jab again.

 

Swish

 

The same sound of the air getting hit again happens, which shocks Elder Wu.

 

I thought I was going blind, but he actually replicated the same form, and he punched the air as well! When Elder Wu showed his jab, he was using at most 40% percent of his strength. 

 

If he had displayed his full power, his form would have been slightly more burdensome. But with less power, it gives his jabs more control and accuracy. Also, he didn't want to show his full strength. If he had, it might have made Lu Chen think that what he's doing is the standard. 

 

However, Lu Chen was able to recreate a replica of what he did. It looks like a carbon copy of me. The amount of distance between the legs, the angle of his arms, and the way he jabs. It was like looking at a reflection of himself. But the only difference was the control of power. Lu Chen didn't have any experience and would need training to control his strength. 

 

But Elder Wu realizes another factor that he didn't account for. Wait, did the young master copy me with just one look?

 

“Lu Chen, did you copy my jab after seeing it one time?” Elder Wu wanted to make sure.

 

Lu Chen nods his head. From one look, he had analyzed everything Elder Wu had displayed to him. The rotation of the shoulder, the position of the fingers, and the direction of the punch. All of his motions felt like a slow-motion movie.

 

Elder Wu slaps himself on the head and starts to laugh.  Incredible, he will definitely become a prodigy. To copy something like his jab from one look is something only a prodigy can do. 

 

Lu Chen tilts his head. He looks at him in confusion at why Elder Wy was laughing suddenly.

 

“Ummm, Elder Wu. is everything ok?”

 

"Yes. Everything is fine, young master. "Elder Wu walks over to the chair and picks up two mitts. He adds, "Since you have done the combination perfectly, we’ll work on your coordination and accuracy of your one-two combination.”

 

He claps the mitts together in eagerness as he tells Lu Chen, “Alright, give me a one-two on the mitts.”

 

“Elder Wu, I know how to do a jab, but what’s the other punch?” 

 

Elder Wu realizes he was getting ahead of himself as he shows him, “Lu Chen, this is how you do the second punch.” Elder Wu does a lightning-fast jab with his left, and then he throws a straight right fist, punching the wind, straight at the chest level.

 

“Did you remember that?” Elder Wu asks him.

 

Lu Chen nods his head as he gets into his stance.

 

“Ok, then. Now let’s practice. Just hit the mitts on rotation with each punch.” Elder Wu brought up the mitts, wanting Lu Chen to punch them.

 

“Now, left!”

 

Baam

 

“Your angle is wrong! Right!”

 

Baam

 

“Your straight is too slow and weak! Again! Right”

 

Baam

 

As Lu Chen punches the mitts, Elder Wu calls out the mistakes he was making. Each time Lu Chen would hit the mitt, Elder Wu would move his hand in a weird angle and have him punch there.

110