Chapter 144: Why do I have to deal with this mess?
5.2k 1 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 144: Why do I have to deal with this mess?

Did he skim through the entire book or something? The two books Lu Chen had chosen before were by no means small at all. The thickness of those books is at the dictionary level. The librarian looks at Lu Chen weirdly.

 

Lu Chen nods his head, "Yes, I have finished reading all of these books. The content in those books was pretty amusing." He had finished one of them in one day, while the other, he just finished it three minutes ago.

 

The librarian didn't say anything else. Why should I care if he had finished reading the books or not? He takes them and signs them back in. He didn't look at Lu Chen anymore as he reads his book. Lu Chen didn't mind as he went up to the second floor to pick a few more books out. 

 

Again? The librarian made a strange face as he signs the book out for him. Once Lu Chen left, he couldn't help but mutter, "Weird kid."

...

But Lu Chen couldn't make out what he said as he walks back to his classroom. The moment he opens the door, a large amount of tense air slaps him in the face. What in the world? He could feel the ominous and dangerous mood looming around the classroom. Hostility and threat are mixed together, and those emotions are put out to the max.

 

The moment Lu Chen walks into the classroom, Zhang Jian quickly walks over to him and pleads, "Brother Chen, you better deal with this! This is all your fault!"

 

"hah, what happened? And how was I the one to make this atmosphere? I wasn't even in the room." From the clueless expression Lu Chen is making, Zhang Jian could only grit his teeth. You ass! You did something that screwed us all over! He whispers in his ear,

 

"Do you know the moment you left the room, Feng Meifeng started to emit a crazy amount of kill intent. She wasn't even directing it to one person, but to the whole goddamn class! Do you know how uncomfortable we felt after you left?" Indeed, the situation isn't normal for Zhang Jian and the students. It felt like a gun was pointed at their heads, ready to be pulled at any second.

 

However, the aura wasn't supposed to be this bad as Feng Meifeng was still bearable after Lu Chen left. What made it worse was when one of the students approached her. He wanted to ask why Feng Meifeng is so angry and to alleviate it. The reason why he did it wasn't out of goodwill, as he's an admirer, trying to get brownie points from her. The other students didn't say anything as they looked the other way. They felt the shit-show that's about to occur.

 

"Oh, does it look like there is something wrong with me?" The glare she gave the student almost made him look like a deer running into headlights. She was totally pissed off. The student immediately ran away from her, which made things go even more south. Feng Meifeng gave the guy the stink eye, then she gives it to all of the students, asking if they got a problem with her? The students didn't say anything as they continue to look the other way, fearing she might end them.

 

Seeing that no other student will approach her, the aura she emitted became dangerous. She didn't look at them anymore as she reads her book. I'll show him what hard work really is. Feng Meifeng wanted to smack that smug look off his face. Her face looks vicious, as some students were about to soil themselves from the dense killing intent.

 

But the person who took the brunt of this killing intent was Zhang Jian. Because Feng Meifeng wasn't like this after Lu Chen talked to her, so the only cause for this intent was due to Lu Chen. So the students were gazing at Zhang Jian, signaling him to deal with his best friend's mess.

 

Why do I have to deal with this mess? Can I get rid of my best friend's card?! Zhang Jian almost fainted by the number of problems Lu Chen had made for him. Before Zhang Jian was forced into execution, Lu Chen had come just in the nick of time.

 

“Now, brother Chen, you better do something about Feng Meifeng.”

 

Lu Chen looks over to Feng Meifeng and then shouts, “Hey, class monitor!”

92