Chapter 162: It was like an infection
5k 4 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 162: It was like an infection

As Feng Meifeng gazed at Lu Chen's deep rich onyx eyes, she was mesmerized by them. Her tears stopped, but the sniffling didn't. Feng Meifeng explains, " But you're in all of this pain because of me. Why did you have to come and help me?! You could have been free and uninjured." Her voice grows louder as she says more. 

 

When she was running to get help, doubt and regret loomed around her. Even though she knows the thugs were after Lu Chen, it didn't mean that they would have caught him. Lu Chen could have left without the thugs ever realizing it. She knows the only reason why Lu Chen got caught was because of her. Feng Meifeng couldn't understand why Lu Chen would help her. There was no benefit for him.

 

From how solemn and emotional Feng Meifeng sounded, Lu Chen understood that Feng Meifeng was blaming herself for everything that had happened. 

 

"Meifeng, I'll tell you this. It wasn't your fault that I got injured."

 

Lu Chen could have just left like what Feng Meifeng had thought and not mind the thugs. If it had been any other stranger, Lu Chen would not mind it at all and left. But, it wasn't any other person. It was Feng Meifeng.  It didn't sit well with him, knowing that somebody that he knows is getting assaulted in front of him. Even if they had argued with each other, this situation and that were two different things. His day would feel like shit if he didn't move. And knowing that thugs were after him and Feng Meifeng being a bystander in all of this made it much worse.

 

"I chose to jump into that situation on my own accord and nobody else." He stops patting her on the head as he gives her a resolved look. Lu Chen wasn't going to let Feng Meifeng take the blame for something that he had caused. 

 

"But look at how injured they made you!" Feng Meifeng still kept griping over it as she continues to blame herself. However, before Feng Meifeng could keep blaming herself, a fist came down onto his head!

 

"Ow!" The sudden punch made Feng Meifeng grab her head. Teary-eyed, Feng Meifeng glares at Lu Chen as she shouts, "What was that for?!"

 

"I hit you because you're being a big idiot! There are no but! Do you hear me! I just didn't want anything to happen to you! If you have gotten injured and I could have helped you, I wouldn't be able to look at your face!" Lu Chen's emotion took over as he shouts back, making her surprised.  But that surprise soon faded as a tint of red forms on her face.

 

He did it for me? Hearing the words coming out of his mouth was unbelievable. She couldn't believe that Lu Chen would jump into such danger just for her.  A sudden idea formed in her mind, does he like me? To have such a rich kid like Lu Chen helping her and treating her this well, the only reason why he's acting like this is that he has feelings for her.

 

But Feng Meifeng immediately shook off the idea. No, no, no, that's impossible! Isn't he in love with Liu Fei Fei? Also, aren't there rumors going around about him and Ye Meixiu as well? When comparing the two of them to herself, only doubt and inferiority fill her mind. Why would such a person even fall in love with me when there are two beauties.

 

Many other choices kept going through her mind as she felt there are many other girls better than her. 

 

But once this thought was ingrained in her mind, it was like an infection. It didn't disappear as it kept spreading instead. When she remembers Lu Chen patting her head and comforts her, she felt a warmth that she never felt before. 

 

Almost every girl wanted somebody that would protect them and comfort them during their sad times. Feng Meifeng wasn't an exception to this as well. Even though she felt that there are many other choices besides her. Yet, she didn't want to share Lu Chen with anybody.

 

While Feng Meifeng is lost in her own thoughts, Lu Chen looks at her in confusion. Why aren't you saying anything?

 

The only people who understood what was going on with Feng Meifeng was the peanut gallery. Zhang Jian especially.

 

83