Chapter 238: Gong Changming
5k 2 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 238: Gong Changming

 

Leaving the cafe, Zhang Jian quickly questioned Lu Chen, "Brother Chen, why did you give that girl your phone number?" That's the main thing he wants to find out. It was too out of the norm for Lu Chen to give his number to girls.

 

'He's usually so reserved.'Even Feng Meifeng and Ye Meixiu, who are close to him, are the same. Lu Chen would try to make distance with them. 

 

'Is she more of his type?'Kong Qingzhu is a beauty in her own right. She has the girl next door aura. 

 

It made her have a warm and gentle feeling compared to Kang Shuchun or the others. 

 

"You don't have to worry about it. It's something you'll know later." Lu Chen didn't want to spoil the secret. But then his eyes narrow,

 

"And why did you invite those girls? Did you forget the promise we made?" Even though Lu Chen gained something from this, it was only a coincidence. 

 

Once he becomes a star, there will be more after him. Lu Chen wonders if he needs more security around him. But Zhang Jian's next words stopped it,

 

"Don't worry about it. After today, I won't be flirting around with girls." After Lu Chen had told him to stay away, he had been distancing himself from them. Zhang Jian wanted one final time for him and Lu Chen to flirt around. 

 

And that was it. Today is the end.

 

Lu Chen nods his head, "That's the best." But Zhang Jian wanted to have a slight chance,

 

"But can't I have some fun at some-" He wanted some leeway for him to flirt around. But Lu Chen isn't having any of that,

 

"Nope. And come on, let's go. We're almost there." Lu Chen chose to go into the cafe because it's only a few blocks away from the building. It only took a few minutes for them to get there. 

 

When the two arrived at the front of the building, Zhang Jian made a weird expression. 

 

"Brother Chen, are you sure we're at the right place?" The place they arrived is nothing to what he imagined. The building was run down. 

 

Actually, it was the most rundown building on the entire block! All the others are refurbished, clean white walls, well maintained. While this building has cracks, with plants growing out from them. A single gust of wind could blow it down with how run down it looks. 

 

"Yeah, this is the right place. Let's go in." When the two went inside the building, the inside was just as worse as the outside. Mold and torn-up paint all over the place.  And the stairs were all crickety and cracked. 

 

The two went up to the 7th floor. Zhang Jian looks up at the store. However, he couldn't make out the name with all the wear and tear.

 

"Is our producer really here?"

 

"Yes." Lu Chen opens the door. And the moment he did, he's met with a shout, "Get out! We're closed!" 

 

'With a store like that, no wonder you are closed.' Zhang Jian quips in his mind. Lu Chen didn't mind what he said as he asks, "Are you Gong Changming?"

 

"Who wants to know?" Gong Changming glared at Lu Chen, wondering how he knew his name. 

 

"I have a job offer for you." Lu Chen ignores his attitude as he continues. However, Gong Changming laughs at him,

 

"You? A job offer for me? What could a baby-face child like you offer me?" Gong Changming didn't believe Lu Chen at all. 

 

'How could a bunch of children be able to give me a job?' It looked more like a joke. 

 

"I want you to become a producer for my friend over here." Lu Chen grabs Zhang Jian by the shoulder, bringing him to the front. 

 

"I guarantee that my friend here will be the one you are looking for." Gong Changming glances Zhang Jian up and down. But he scoffs at him, 

 

"Do you think I'm some kind of joke? I can tell a mile away that he isn't talented. I can find talent that's better under my pinky!"

 

'How could such a bootlicker like him be a talent?'

 

When Zhang Jian heard that, he got pissed off. He immediately fires back, "How could you be a great producer?! If you can find talent under your pinky, I can find better talent under my shoe!" 

75