Chapter 239: Revenge
4.1k 0 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 239: Revenge

"Brother Chen, how could this person be our producer? He looks more like a homeless man." Zhang Jian didn't understand why Lu Chen chose him.  The moment he locked onto him, he knew he couldn't trust him. 

 

Now it's Gong Changming's turn to get pissed, "Hey! Unlike you, your friend understands my greatness. Who cares about looks?! What matters is talent!"

 

"Hmpf. Even if you're talented, I'm not going to work with the likes of you! Heck, even monkeys are better." 

 

"You took the words right out of my mouth!"

 

The two bickers like a bunch of children, and Lu Chen shakes his head,

 

'What are these two?' Lu Chen shouts, "Are the two of you children?" When Lu Chen said this, the two shut up. Turning to Zhang Jian, Lu Chen tells him, 

 

"Don't bicker with him. He's going to be your partner later." Zhang Jian wants to say something, but Lu Chen continues, "Zhang Jian, sing one of your songs to him." 

 

The best way for Dong Changming to come over to their side is if they prove his skills. Zhang Jian didn't want to do it. But when he saw Lu Chen's expression, he did it. 

 

Zhang Jian took a deep breath. And when he did, everything changed. The mischievous demeanor he had before is nowhere to be found. 

 

What's left is a lonely prince. As he starts to sing, Lu Chen and Gong Changming are sent into another world!

 

An endless amount of destruction and bloodshed throughout the world. Only pain and sadness cover all the land. But through all of this lies a tree. Unmoved by the bloodshed. It continues to stand there, strong and determined.

 

This scene only lasted for a few minutes, but it was more than enough.  Gong Changming snaps out of it and quickly grabs Zhang Jian by the shoulders, "Become my muse!" 

 

It was short and sweet. But the sudden change in attitude made Zhang Jian shocked. But then he grins smugly,

 

"Didn't you say you can find talent much better than me under your pinky?"

 

"You're under my pinky right now. That means you are talented." 

 

"What about not wanting to work with me?"

 

"When have I ever said that? I never said anything like that." 

 

"..." When Zhang Jian heard that, he's silent. He has never met such a shameless person until today. 

 

But Gong Changming adds, "But I feel like there should be some changes in some parts of the lyrics. 

 

"Huh? What's wrong with it?" The two went into a heated discussion on how to change the lyrics and what instrumentals to add.

 

The two went on, not minding Lu Chen waiting for them on the sidelines. Seeing this, Lu Chen smiles. He expected this to happen. When two people with exceptional talent meet, they'll help boost each other. He'll just have to wait for the two to finish.

....

"Ahem!" Lu Chen couldn't wait any longer as he got annoyed. The two of them have been discussing it for over an hour now. Lu Chen turns to GongChangming, "So, do you want to work together with us?" 

 

With Zhang Jian showing off his skill, Lu Chen's positive Gong Changming will accept his offer.

 

Gong Changming shakes his head, "I'm sorry. But I still can't work for you." 

 

"Really?" Lu Chen was shocked by the rejection. 'I guess I have to add this in." He adds, "What if I told you that I'm willing to help you get revenge." 

 

Gong Changming's expression changes as he becomes more cautious, "Who are you? How do you know about it?!"

 

"Of course, I have done some research on you." That's one of the reasons why Lu Chen chose Dong Changming to be Zhang Jian's producer. 

 

From what he could remember in the future, the future Gong Changming and the present are much too different. With his talents, Lu Chen knows he shouldn't be living in such a broken-down store. 

 

Lu Chen searched around and found out that Gong Changming had a colleague. And he's a top-tier producer. But Lu Chen couldn't remember him in the future. 

 

He didn't need more information for him to put two and two together.

 

"I can help you get your revenge." 

 

"...Why do you believe me?" Gong Changming was still hesitant. Being betrayed once is enough for him to be cautious of others. 

77