Chapter 241: Show me the results
4k 11 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 241: Show me results

"Wow, Xiao Chen. I'm so proud of you." Lu Wencheng pats his head like a doting grandfather. To hear how much his grandson had grown is great. 

 

Lu Chen made a slight smile. He went with a more general say in all the things he did. He didn't want to look arrogant in front of him. 

 

All the things he did are nothing compared to what his grandfather did. 

 

But it was enough. 

 

"Grandfather."

 

"Hmm? What's wrong, Xiao Chen?" 

 

"I want to talk to you about Liu Fei Fei." With how good Lu Wencheng sounds, now's a good time to tell him. 

 

"Is it your engagement?" Lu Chen didn't need to say anything to him. Lu Wencheng heard about what's going on with Liu Fei Fei and Long Shen from Elder Wu. 

 

"Yes." Lu Chen isn't surprised about him knowing. He brought out the pictures on his phone to show, "I want to break it." 

 

But Lu Wencheng waves his hand, 

 

"I don't need to see those pictures, Xiao Chen. We cannot break the engagement." Lu Wencheng shook his head. He continues, " You do know there's more than meets the eye in the marriage, right?" 

 

"Mmhmm, I know. The engagement is to tie our families together." Lu Chen already knew.

 

"Yes. Your marriage will help our family become closer together. But not only that, our family will benefit a lot more."

 

Lu Wencheng and Liu Fei Fei's grandfather made the promise when they were equals. 

 

But with how fast the Liu family rose in power, having the promise kept now will increase the Lu family's connections.

 

"The only reason why I had you be engaged is that you were in love with Liu Fei Fei." Even if Lu Chen didn't love Liu Fei Fei, it would've gone to him or Lu Aotian depending on the situation. Lu Aotian being the eldest, and Lu Chen being close in age to Liu Fei Fei.

 

"I understand this. But grandfather, you don't have to worry about this. In a couple of years, I will make our Lu family as strong as the Liu." 

 

Lu Chen's confident with his ability; he would be able to make it there in a couple of years at the least.

 

However, Lu Wencheng didn't care, "Xiao Chen, I can't believe you just because you said it." 

 

"What matters are results. Nothing more, nothing less." Lu Wencheng didn't want to place his bet on something that has no chance of happening. 

 

For Lu Chen to do something that will put their family on top, it would take eons. 

 

It didn't matter if Lu Chen brought him a whole slew of photos of Liu Fei Fei hanging out with another guy. It will still happen.

 

"..." Lu Chen became silent. Seeing this, Lu Wencheng shakes his head,

 

"Xiao Chen, if you want to have the ability to break your marriage, show me the results." Lu Wencheng didn't look at Lu Chen. He walks back into the mansion, leaving Lu Chen there.

...

When Lu Wencheng went inside the mansion,

 

"Are you done with your act, master?" Elder Wu appears inside the building with a wry smile.

 

"I almost lost it!" Lu Wencheng looks like he's about to cry! The serious look he had in front of Lu Chen is nowhere to be found. 

 

'You really tried your best to keep a straight face.' Elder Wu shakes his head. This is the true face of Lu Wencheng. 

 

"I almost thought Xiao Chen was going to cry!" If Lu Chen had cried, Lu Wencheng might have died on the spot.

 

"You are right! Xiao Chen is so handsome now! I'm so proud of him!" Even if Lu Chen hadn't talked about the things he did, Lu Wencheng heard everything.

 

Lu Chen's talent in fighting? Lu Wencheng was excited to see his grandson becoming strong.

 

Getting second place on his test? He was over the moon, showing it off to his friends. 

 

And Lu Chen's talent for stocks? He couldn't help but cry at this. 

 

Everything Lu Chen has accomplished, Lu Wencheng couldn't be more happier. 

 

"Was it really ok to say all those things to him tho?" Elder Wu felt that what he said was a little too much.

 

Even though Lu Wencheng didn't want to admit it, he nods his head, "Yeah, Xiao Chen needs more push." 

71