Chapter 242: What do you want?
4.5k 13 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 242: What do you want?

 

The amount of money Lu Chen earned from the stock market from the past weeks is something that can't be overlooked. At his age, Lu Wencheng didn't have the drive to do what Lu Chen did. 

 

"But it's not enough." Comparing it to the Liu family, what Lu Chen did is nothing. The Liu family could make that amount in a couple of hours. 

 

Besides that, Lu Wencheng knows there will be discord if they don't have the marriage. There wouldn't be a large fight between the two. 

 

However, Lu Wencheng knows they will lose their connections with them. That itself is a problem.

 

If other families know about the disconnection between the two, they would jump at the chance to drive it in more. He wasn't going to let his family be destroyed like that. 

 

However, that wasn't the only thing. 

 

"Also, listen to whatever Xiao Chen says against that one." Lu Wencheng made a vicious face. With how much he heard about Long Shen, he was somebody that shouldn't be left unchecked.

 

He could tell that Long Shen is more cunning than he seems. However, he wouldn't make a move on him.

 

'This will be a good learning experience.' This was something Lu Chen had to deal with by himself. If he couldn't deal with him, then he wouldn't make it in life.

 

Old people like himself shouldn't pry into matters.

 

However, that didn't mean he couldn't assist him. Lu Wenchend would do anything he can to support Lu Chen from the sidelines. 

 

"I understand, master."Elder Wu bows his head. Seeing this, Lu Wencheng has a wry expression," Wu Guoliang, stop calling me master already. How many times do I have to tell you that it's weird? We're family."

 

Wu Guoliang and Lu Wencheng have been together for such a long time now. He was more like a brother to Lu Wencheng rather than a master and servant. 

 

Elder Wu smiles and says nothing more as he walks out to meet with Lu Chen. 

...

There wasn't anything else said between Lu Chen and Lu Wencheng. While Lu Chen was driven back to the mansion, he continued to think about what Lu Wencheng said. 

 

He's the person who understands the most about how effective the Liu family was for the company in the future. 

 

However, even with their help, it didn't stop Long Shen from taking over the company.

 

Before Lu Chen could think about it more, he received a text message. 

 

When Lu Chen looks to see the message, a smile forms on his face. 'To think he would choose so soon.' The person who texted him was Gong Changming, saying,

 

I agree with your terms.

 

Lu Chen didn't expect Gong Changming would choose the next day. Even he would take at least a week to make a decision like that. 

 

'I guess Zhang Jian's talents are alluring.' With a talent like him, equals are likely to band together. 

 

But now he has Gong Changming. With him joining the cause, it will make achieving his goals more smooth.

 

The moment Lu Chen got back home, he immediately went working on his plan. When Elder Wu saw that, a smile formed on his face.

 

'It seems you are right, old friend.'Lu Wencheng knew how to make his grandson become better. With the look Lu Chen has on his face, Elder Wu realizes Lu Chen is going to work harder. 

 

Lu Chen was like a rough diamond, showing a glimpse of shine turning into a bright diamond. 

...

The next day, it has been a regular day. Lu Chen went to school with Feng Meifeng and listened to class attentively.

 

The day was going by really smoothly. However, there was something wrong with it. Lu Chen went to the library to check out some books, he calls out,

 

"What do you want?" Nobody came out. Lu Chen shakes his head, "You better come out now, or it'll just be worse." 

 

"!"When he heard that, Gao Jinhai got away from the book columns.

 

"What do you want?" For the entire day, Lu Chen already felt Gao Jinhai tailing him. Over his breaks and the free time from each period. 

 

It felt like an owl had locked onto him. And depending on what Gao Jinhai says, Lu Chen's ready to beat him up half dead.

75