Chapter 245: Working together?
3.9k 4 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 245: Working together?

Gao Jinhai snorted at him, "I'm not looking for you, lackey. I'm talking to your boss." Followers like Yao Shao are not worth mentioning in his presence. 

 

Turning over to Long Shen, "Can we talk someplace else?" The students look at him even weirder. But none could eat Long Shen. He's the one most surprised, "Why can't we talk here?"It was suspicious that he couldn't talk to him here.

 

"Then listen to this." Gao Jinhai whispered in his ear. At first, Long Shen was confused, but his expression changed as it went wide-eyed. 

 

"Can we talk someplace else?" Long Shen nods as he got out of his seat to follow him. Yao Shao and Tang Weimin tried to follow him, but Gao Jinhai stops them,

 

"This is only between the two of us. Nobody else can come." Yao Shao wanted to say something to that, but Long Shen stops him,

 

"Yao Shao, he's right. It'll only be a few seconds." Yao Shao couldn't say no to it. As the two left, Yao Shao got pissed off and kicked the table!

...

When the two got outside, "What do you want?" The kind expression Long Shen usually have is gone. What's left is a voidless gaze, filled with coldness and indifference. 

 

"Hehe, so this is your true face. I wonder what the girls will think when they see you like this?" Gao Jinhai chuckles at Long Shen's change.

 

"Do you think people will believe you?" For the past few days, Long Shen was fixing the damage done to his reputation. 

 

Even though he couldn't recover all of it, it was still a lot. If Gao Jinhai screams out that he's two-faced, who would believe him? Long Shen looks at him with mockery and disgust. 

 

But Gao Jinhai retorts, "Keep looking at me like that, and you'll never know the culprit." 

 

"..." The reason why Long Shen followed Gao Jinhai was that he told him that he knew the person who ordered the thugs to attack him. 

 

Seeing him silent, Gao Jinhai laughs, "Relax, can't you take the joke."

 

"You do know that I came here only on a whim. Nothing more." 

 

"Fine, such a drama queen. The person who attacked you was none other than mophead Lu."

 

"...You waste my time with this piece of useless information." Long Shen was pissed off now. Of course, the only person that had the ability and reason to target him was Lu Chen.

 

He was the prime suspect. The only reason why he listened to Gao Jinhai is that he thought it was somebody else. Gao Jinhai's expression made him believe it was a different person. 

 

"Of course not. I came here with a proposal."

 

"A proposal?" Long Shen's interest peaked. 

 

"Mophead Lu has been a thorn to your side for so long. And he has become a problem for me as well. Let's work together." That was the main reason why he came to talk to Long Shen.

 

"Also, I heard that the reason why you and Liu Fei Fei are broken up is because of Lu Chen, I'm guessing, right?" 

 

"..." Long Shen continues to be silent. But the silence meant Gao Jinhai's right. Besides fixing his reputation, there was another problem he had to deal with. Yao Jiayi and Xu Qiao came in front of him, warning him to stay away from Liu Fei Fei.

 

That's why Long Shen was forced to be away from Liu Fei Fei. But everything ties down to Lu Chen's doing. Thinking more about it, Long Shen's face turns uglier. Lu Chen has always been a pebble he could kick around at any moment. 

 

Yet, these past few days, Lu Chen has become a thorn on his side. 

 

"Why should I work together with you? Is it because he took Ye Meixiu from you?" Despite his hatred for Lu Chen, Long Shen didn't want to work together with anybody. Especially not with Gao Jinhai. He was too incompetent. 

 

"Of course. Ye Meixiuwas supposed to be mine! That bastard took him from me!" Just thinking about it, Gao Jinhai's face was filled with anger. However, he came back with a smile, "And haven't you heard that two heads are better than one?" 

 

"Think about it, I have the money and you have the brains. Also, I know other people that want a piece of Lu Chen too.”

67