Chapter 247: Insubordinate tool
3.8k 1 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 247: Insubordinate tool

However, he didn't expect the following words to come out of Long Shen's mouth. Long Shen snarls at him, “What the hell are you doing attacking Gao Jinhai?!”

 

Before Yao Shao could explain, Long Shen turns to Gao Jinhai, "I'm sorry brother Gao for his rude behavior. I'll teach him better." 

 

"Yao Shao, apologize to him!"

 

'Apologize?' Yao Shao snapped! "Why should I have to apologize?! I did nothing wrong?!" He was only looking after his boss's interest. But it turns out his boss didn't see it. 

 

"Didn't I tell you not to mind it? Look at all this mess you caused! How could you say you did nothing wrong?!" Long Shen's sound reasoning made Yao Shao unable to speak. 

 

He glared at Gao Jinhai, and the man was smirking at him. Seeing how Long Shen was siding with him, Yao Shao didn't say more. He just walked away. 

 

Seeing how Yao Shao left, the other students there didn't stay and walk away. 

 

When Long Shen saw that, he frowned even more. But he has other things to worry about as he turns to Gao Jinhai, "What the hell were you trying to do?"

 

Since nobody was there, Long Shen's cold face came out. 

 

Placing his hand in the air, Gao Jinahi explains, "It wasn't my fault. I was just minding my business. He was the one who came after me." 

 

But then he looks behind him, "Shouldn't you chase after him or something?" Despite his remarks to Yao Shao, he thought Long Shen would still follow after him.

 

"No. I have no use for Yao Shao anymore." Long Shen decided that he will drop Yao Shao. The amount of incident he caused and having to clean it was tiring. 

 

The incident at the hospital was the final nail placed on the coffin. And the nail was driven in when Yao Shao walked away right now. He can't control people if they don't listen to him. 

 

When Gao Jinhai heard that he looked confused, "No use for him? Isn't Yao Shao your friend? Your loyal follower?

 

"He was nothing more than a naive fool. A tool. I have no use for an insubordinate tool." Long Shen didn't say anything else, but Gao Jinhai got the message. 

 

And he shivers. The way Long Shen looked right now was even more indifferent and frightening than before. 'I bet he'll kill his parents if it means success.'

 

Getting back to his game face, Gao Jinhai told him, "Alright, Also, I want to let you in on something." 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I went asking around, and there are some people that want to work with us to deal with mophead Lu." 

 

"Oh." Long Shen was interested. With more people joining their cause, they'll quickly destroy Lu Chen. 

 

"Yeah. They're business rivals of the Lu family. They want to meet us on the day of the Gaokao." When Long Shen heard that, his face became tense.

 

'On the day of the Gaokao?' Long Shen needed to pass it. Unlike Gao Jinhai, who had money and could buy his way in, Long Shen needed to get one of the highest scores possible to get into a good college and scholarship. 

 

"What time do we have to be there?"

 

"It's in the morning." Long Shen's expression scrunches up. That was the time he didn't want. 

 

"Can't we do it at another time?"

 

Gao Jinhai shook his head, "No. It's the only time we can do this." If they reappoint it, then it would be a slap to their face. 

 

"If you don't want to go, then fine. I'm going. But damn. Those guys wanted to meet you as well."

 

'They want to meet me?' Long Shen thought about it and nodded. "Alright. I'll join you and meet with them." Thinking about it, the people that are against Lu Chen are probably influential. 

 

Gaining their favor would be more beneficial for him. It would be easier for him to gain power and influence with backing. 

 

Gao Jinhai smiles, "Alright. This is the place we will be meeting at. Don't be late." After telling him the location, Long Shen smiles as he nods.

 

The two didn't say anything else to each other. Long Shen went back to his classroom. However, Gao Jinhai looks at him as he walks back. He smirks.

75