Chapter 248: A reunion
4.2k 12 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 248: A reunion

On the day of the gaokao, the whole road closed down. Every student was waiting outside of the school, waiting for the doors to be open. 

 

However, Long Shen isn't there. He and Gao Jinhai went to the old abandoned factory.

 

'Let's get this over with.' They only have a leeway of 30 minutes. He just needs to talk to them, get on their good side, and then leave. But he does have a problem.

 

"Is this really the right place?" Long Shen felt the setting was odd. Why would these big shots pick such a sketchy place to meet with them?

 

"Of course, this is the right place. Some bigshot wants a place that's lowkey. It's so people won't find out about this." Their meeting is to deal with the child of one of the richest people.

 

The meeting should be discreet.

 

Long Shen nods his head. The reason is sound. But on the inside, he didn't agree with it. Even if the meeting should be discrete, but an abandoned factory?

 

That in itself felt odd. However, Long Shen just rolled with it. Unlike Gao Jinhai or Yao Shao, these people he's meeting are competent.

 

Going inside the building, the first thing that comes into Long Shen's mind is, 'Why is it so dark?!' The entire inside of the factory is filled with darkness. Long Shen couldn't see anything there. 

 

The only light that they have is from the door. 

 

"You guys can come out now!" Gao Jinhai calls out. However, nobody came out. "Hey! Is anybody here?!" 

 

Long Shen wanted to say something too, but then the lights suddenly turned on! And a couple of figures came out.  Long Shen squints to see who these people are. However, when he looked at them, he felt they were familiar. Too familiar. 

 

It took him a few seconds, but it was enough as he finally realized who they are!

 

'Why are these guys here?!' The people who revealed themselves are none other than Duan Cheng and the other thugs who attacked him before!

 

Just looking at them was enough to cause phantom pain all over his body. 

 

'Are these the people that want to work with us?' If it was, then Long Shen wants no parts with them. Besides the pain he felt, it was too hard. The thugs were nothing more than muscle heads. Also, do they really have the influence to deal with Lu Chen?

 

Obviously not.

 

Long Shen was about to ask Gao Jinhai why he chose these people. But then, he went silent. The shocked look on Gao Jinhai's face says it all. 

 

"Why are you guys here?!" He couldn't hide his shock, but then he asks, "Where are the others?!"

 

"You don't need to worry about your friends. They're having a nice nap right now." Duan Cheng's devious smirk made Gao Jinhai and Long Shen shiver. 

 

"What do you want with us?" Gao Jinhai slowly inches back to the door, trying to escape. However, two thugs figure out what he was doing and block the door, closing their only escape route. 

 

"Do you know what happened to us after we left? All because of you guys, my boss, and a couple of my comrades are gone now." Remembering how Kang Shuchun choked out his comrades and ended their lives so ruthlessly was painful.

 

Duan Cheng's eyes were voids, unable to sense any emotions in them. "We're just here to get some payback!" Cracking his knuckles, Duan Cheng was ready to hit Long Shen and Gao Jinhai to the fullest.

 

"Wait! I'm also the victim in that whole ordeal! How can you take your anger out on an innocent person?!" If there's anybody innocent that got dragged into that mess, Long Shen would be that person. 

 

He never understood why he got attacked until recently. But that's beside the point. All he can do now is to try and reason with Duan Cheng. If not, he was looking at a beating coming his way!

 

"No! You played a part in that mess! You're going to pay the price!" Duan Cheng didn't say more as he punchs him in the gut!

 

Long Shen drops to the ground with just one punch! Duan Cheng shakes his head and turns to Gao Jinhai, "Take him to another room!" 

75