Chapter 284: A competitor
4.2k 0 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 284: A competitor

The person who arrived at the scene was none other than Chu Jingyi. He continues, "Are you here to bully out the new talents?" 

 

Ling Wei's expression turns ugly, "What do you mean bullying? I'm just advising some young people of their reckless actions." 

 

A smile replaces her ugly expression as she continues, "I'm more surprised that you can still come here after being rejected like that." 

 

"Then shouldn't you leave now as well? After all, we both got rejected by the same person." 

 

"..." Everybody could feel the sparks flying between the two. 

 

"Hmpf." Ling Wei didn't say any more to him as she walked away. But before she left, she gave Zhang Jian a dirty look. The person next to her also gave Zhang Jian a smug glare. 

 

With her leaving, Chu Jingyi spoke up, " Nothing to see here, folks. Keep up with the good work." Hearing him, the other looked away, not concerning what happened now. 

 

Zhang Jian bows, "Thank you, senior Chu, for your help." He knows Ling Wei would continue to goad him to join. Maybe even threaten him. 

 

"You don't have to thank me. It's technically my fault for Ling Wei coming your way." Chu Jingyi had a strained smile on his face. He heard from a passerby that Ling Wei had gone to Zhang Jian. 

 

He knew that Ling Wei was trying to do a power play on Zhang Jian to deal a blow to him. 

 

"Zhang Jian, tell me if she ever comes your way again. I will help you." He knows that Ling Wei is eyeing Zhang Jian as a threat now. 

 

He'd seen many times of Ling Wei destroying great talents because of hate. Chu Jingyi wasn't going to let that happen again. 

 

He wasn't like her. He wanted to see Zhang Jian grow. 

 

"Thank you, senior." Zhang Jian's expression brightens. Having Chu Jingyi's help, it'll definitely help him.

 

"It's a senior's duty to watch over their juniors." Chu Jingyi smiles. But then he turns serious, "Also, you should watch out for the person next to her." 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"So you realized it as well." 'I guess geniuses can see other geniuses.' 

 

"The person beside her was her nephew, Ling Chen." Chu Jingyi had a wry smile on his face as he continued, " He might be your biggest opponent in this competition." 

 

"..." Zhang Jian stayed silent, not too surprised with what Chu Jingyi said.

 

"If we are talking about talents, then he's a little inferior to you. But he has Ling Wei's support and resources." With Ling Wei's help, that gap between talents could be caught up. 

 

"You don't have to worry about that, senior Chu. Even if he has the resources, I know I can win." Zhang Jian understood there would be people with more resources than him. But that's only the beginning.

 

With Gong Changming's help and Lu Chen's support, the number of resources the others have meant nothing. 

 

"Good spirit!"Chu Jingyi laughs, "I know you can win this. With the monstrous talent you have and a competent boss behind you, you can go the distance." 

 

Lu Chen chuckles, "You flatter me, senior Chu." 

 

"How can I be flattering you? You handled the situation so well that even my CEO praised you as well." Chu Jingyi had seen the live conference Lu Chen had with his CEO. And the two were surprised by how Lu Chen controlled the entire situation. 

 

"You are too kind." Lu Chen bows his head, "But the thing I did is nothing to be praised at. It was something I planned the moment I became the CEO of the company. I'm not going to let people run amok from the inside." 

 

Chu Jingyi smiles. Even though Lu Chen is trying to undermine it, Chu Jingyi knows there was more to it. What Lu Chen did gave the public a different outlook on the company. The dirty look the public had was changed into a curious and interesting look. 

 

Chu Jingyi continues to talk with Lu Chen and Zhang Jian a bit more before leaving the three alone. Lu Chen asks Zhang Jian,

 

"So what's your odds of winning?" 

 

"60-40. 60 me winning." If it was only about talent, then it would have been 70-30. But with the support, it lowers his chances a bit.

 

Yet, it was only by a bit. Zhang Jian was confident about winning. 

65