Chapter 288:  
4.4k 21 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 288:  Given a chance

 

When Lu Chen arrived in front of the classroom, he was prepared!

 

Blocking her escape route? Check.

 

Prepared to apologize the moment he goes in front of her? Got it.

 

Having his legs ready to block any attack to his crotch? Prepared that in the beginning!

 

Lu Chen made all the arrangements to say sorry to Feng Meifeng.

 

'Oh good, she came here early.' Lu Chen walks up to her, "Feng Meifeng, can we please talk today?" This time he wanted a proper conversation with her. However, Feng Meifeng didn't look at him and turned her head away.

 

"I'm really sorry about what I said before." Feng Meifeng got out of her seat, ready to leave the classroom again. But Lu Chen was prepared as he was standing at the front door.

 

"Get out of my way." Feng Meifeng pushes Lu Chen away. 

 

Lu Chen tries to grab her arm. But then,

 

Slap! Everybody who wasn't watching the scene unfolds was shocked by the loud slap! But the most surprised person is Lu Chen.

 

"What was that for?" He couldn't understand why she was acting like this. 

 

"Don't touch me with your dirty hands!" Feng Meifeng's face was full of hatred and anger. 

 

'Dirty hands?' Lu Chen took it personally now. He shouts at her, "What's your deal?!" The only thing he wanted was to apologize to her. 

 

"I don't have a deal! I just want you to leave me alone!" Feng Meifeng shouted that at him! Remembering the happy look Lu Chen had was sickening. Kang Shuchun was right. The two of them are in different worlds.

 

 "What's wrong with you?" 

 

"Nothing wrong. I don't want a womanizer like you to stay close to me!" Feng Meifeng backs away from him while looking at him like he's scum.

 

Lu Chen grits his teeth, "Fine! I'll leave you alone. Just don't bother me ever again." Lu Chen storms out of the classroom without looking back. 

...

After class ended, Feng Meifeng walked around the shopping district. She didn't want to go back to the classroom. She knew the people there would be looking at her with weird gazes. 

 

She wasn't an animal. 

 

'He didn't come back.' Lu Chen didn't come back to class. Zhang Jian had come over to ask her where he was. But she shunned him as well. 

 

Feng Meifeng shakes her head, 'Stop thinking about him!' Lu Chen's angry face was something that kept coming into her mind. 

 

'We aren't friends anymore.' When Feng Meifeng keeps thinking about this, a heavy feeling keeps sinking into her. 

 

As she continues to walk about, somebody called out to her, 

 

"Xiao Feng." A sweet voice calls out to her. 

 

"What do you want?" Despite the warm voice, Feng Meifeng's voice was cold. She didn't turn around towards the person. 

 

The voice was enough for her to know who it was.

 

"Can we talk?" Lai Dingxiang continues to use the sweetest voice possible to talk to her. 

 

"Leave me alone!" Feng Meifeng snarls at him. She was already in a bad mood today. She didn't want to deal with him now either. 

 

Lai Dingxiang grabs onto her arm, "Please, give me a chance. I just want to apologize for what I did to you."

 

Feng Meifeng was going to slap his hands off, but she stopped. She looks at him weirdly. Never did she think Lai Dingxiang would give up on her like that. With how much he's been chasing her, she never expects him to apologize now.

 

Seeing her weird look, Lai Dingxiang nods and continues, "I know what I have done to you is wrong now. I won't bother you anymore. But please, can we go back to how we were when we were kids?

 

Like, let's have dinner together."

 

When Feng Meifeng heard that, she was about to leave. His apology meant nothing with the last sentence being said. And going back to childhood friends? That would be impossible. The damage done was something that can't be overlooked. 

 

Lai Dingxiang quickly changed his approach, "It's just a regular dinner between two friends. After that, I won't bother you anymore."

 

"...You promise you won't bother me anymore?" Feng Meifeng was skeptical of what he was trying to pull. However, if he does leave her alone, then that would be the best,

 

Lai Dingxiang nods quickly, "Yes! I won't bother you anymore."

 

"..Fine."

 

"Alright! I'll pick you up after school then!" Lai Dingxiang had a bright face as he said this. 

 

Feng Meifeng didn't say anymore as she walked back to class. However, what she didn't see was Lai Dingxiang making a sinister face.

55