Chapter 294: Don’t what was that on me!
3.7k 34 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 294: Don't what was that on me!

 

"Hmm?" Feng Meifeng thought about it, and her eyes went wide! She remembered it all. 

 

Lai Dingxiang asked her out to dinner. Then drinking the champagne and her body turning hot. Her face pales.

 

Seeing her expression, Lu Chen tells her, "Don't worry, he didn't do it with you. I promise you that." He knew the first thing Feng Meifeng would worry about is that. 

 

"...Where is he?" Feng Meifeng's body shakes, remembering what he did. 

 

"He got sent to the police." Elder Wu had told him that he couldn't get any information out of him because of how beaten he was. The next best thing they could do was to send him to the police.

 

Thinking about it now, Lu Chen knew he messed up. 'I should've punched his body instead of his face!'

 

When he said this, Feng Meifeng tears up,

 

Lu Chen went wide-eyed. "What's wrong?" Shouldn't she be happy about Lai Dingxiang being sent to prison?

 

"I'm really a fool, aren't I?" Feng Meifeng wasn't laughing at Lai Dingxiang at all. She was laughing at herself.

 

"I thought he was changing, and I was going to give him a chance too. I'm such a naive fool for trusting that." Remembering how Lai Dingxiang cried, Feng Meifeng clenched her fist at those fake tears.

 

"I almost lost everything, haha!" If Lai Dingxiang's plan was successful, who knows what Feng Meifeng would have done afterward. 

 

"..." Lu Chen went silent as he didn't know what to say to that. But he did hug her.

 

"!" Feng Meifeng was surprised by his hug. 

 

"It's not wrong for you to be kind. You thought of Lai Dingxiang as a friend, and he took advantage of your kindness." 

 

"But look at me now. I'm a naive fool!"

 

"Stop calling yourself that! You just did what you thought was right. You aren't a fool, so stop." Lu Chen hugs her tighter. He continues, 

 

"You're perfect the way you are. Don't think about changing yourself." 

 

Hearing his words, Feng Meifeng starts to cry even more. She knows that she messed up. Yet the person keeps telling her she should be the same. 

 

The whole thing lasted for a few minutes. Lu Chen brought out tissues and wipes her tears,

 

"Thank you." Feng Meifeng felt much better now. But then she saw Lu Chen's fist.

 

"What happened to them?!" Lu Chen's fists were wrapped in bandages. 

 

"Oh, it's nothing." Lu Chen quickly moves his fist away and hides it behind his back. However, Feng Meifeng knew it wasn't nothing. She grabs onto his fist and brings it out,

 

"Ow! Can't you go easier on me?!" He was still in pain from yesterday.

 

"Look at these wrappings! It's not going to help you!" The bandaging Lu Chen did for himself was loose, and water had seeped in.

 

"Let me fix the wrapping." Feng Meifeng took off the bandages. When she did, she gasped!

 

"Did you bash Lai Dingxiang's skull in or something?!" His entire knuckle was covered in dried-up blood. 

 

"How did you know?! Are you a physicist?!" Feng Meifeng hit the mark!

 

"You actually did that?!" Feng Meifeng looks at him in shock! If Lu Chen's knuckles were bloodied up like that, then she could imagine what happened to Lai Dingxaing's head. 

 

She already saw the aftermath of what Lu Chen did to those thugs.  

 

"Dummy! You could have broken your hands from that!" Feng Meifeng tightly wraps Lu Chen's hands while she lectures him. 

 

"Eyy! Can you wrap it more gently? Do you want more blood to come out of my fist?" Lu Chen ignores her question as he squirms around in pain. 

 

After bandaging Lu Chen's hand, Feng Meifeng asks him, 

 

"Why did you come here?"

 

"Huh?! Are you really asking me that?!" Lu Chen was confused. Why did she ask such a stupid question like that? 

 

"We had a fight. And you said that we won't bother each other anymore." Remembering Lu Chen's expression, Feng Meifeng knew he was serious. 

 

"So?"

 

"So why are you going back on your word?"

 

"..." Lu Chen turns silent. However, Feng Meifeng stares at him closely.

 

Then,

 

Bang!

 

"Ow!" Feng Meifeng rubs her head and glares at Lu Chen, "What was that for?!"

 

"Don't what was that on me!" Lu Chen spat at her, "So what if I'm going back on my word?! Do you think I would sit around when somebody is in trouble?"

 

59