Chapter 446: Wanting To Hand It Back
1.1k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 446: Wanting To Hand It Back

 

"..." Huang Muyan's face widened. But then he laughed, "So you do know who I am. I thought you didn't know." From how Lu Chen took the pendant, he thought he didn't know his identity. 

 

Lu Chen sighed, "That was because I really didn't know. I only figured it out a few days after my butler explained the significance of this pendant." If he didn't ask Elder Wu about it, he would have messed around with it.

 

"Haha! So why aren't you treating me with respect?! You know I'm an elder of a big family now, right?!" Huang Muyang said with smugness. 

 

"Yeah, you are an elder. But said elder decided to gamble its prized heirloom. And said person even lost other things to me too." Lu Chen listed the things that happened on that day with a smile. 

 

"Ughh." Huang Muyang instantly backed away and became silent. 

 

"Anyways, I don't want to act like a person I shouldn't just because you're higher than me." Lu Chen said calmly. 

 

"Haha." That caused Huang Muyang to laugh even more, "You're an interesting kid. But brat, can you not take my jades like that?" 

 

"Hey, you're the one who wagered it. Not me. I'm just the guy who's getting something nice from it." Lu Chen said with a smile. But he continued, 

 

"GRRRRR!" You could hear the grinding of teeth from a mile away!

 

Lu Chen laughed, "Elder Huang, you shouldn't grit your teeth like that. You're going to crack it. Drink some tea and calm yourself down."

 

"I'm afraid that if I drink it, I will spit it on your face." Huang Muyang had a dark expression. 

 

"Well, You can't do that to me. You only have yourself to blame for betting your family heirloom in the first place." Lu Chen quipped. 

 

"..."

 

"Also, you should take this back." Lu Chen then slid the heirloom back to him, 

 

"What do you think you're doing?" 

 

"Even though it seems you're alright with me holding onto it, I don't think your other family members will like it if a non-Huang holds it." 

 

That was also the thing he had to do. It didn't matter whether or not Huang Muyang beat him in a chess match; Lu Chen was planning to give back the heirloom. 

 

But Huang Muyang shook his head, "I'm not taking it back."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Not until I beat you!" Huang Muyang shouted, "There is no way I can take it back until I beat you! I want another go!" 

 

"..."

 

"I can only take this jade back after I beat you! There is no satisfaction that I won!" Huang Muyang wasn't going to give up! Take it out of pity? No way!

 

Lu Chen sighed, "Don't be angry when you lose again." There was nothing else to be said as he started the chess match again.

...

"Grrr!" 

 

"Elder Huang, you can't give me a look like that. Remember, you're the one who kept giving these jades." Lu Chen laughed. They fought 5 matches, and Lu Chen earned 5 new jade pieces.

 

"Couldn't you give this old man a chance?"

 

"If I did that, would you like it? And didn't you say something about feeling the satisfaction of winning?"

 

Me and my big mouth!

 

"Grrr! You can't be so cocky! If my granddaughter was here, you wouldn't be laughing like this!" Huang Muyang said with confidence. 

 

"You're granddaughter?"

 

Huang Muyang grinned with pride, "Yep! Yep! If my granddaughter was here, you wouldn't be stealing all this stuff from me!"

 

"Heh, I want to see that." Lu Chen scoffed.

 

"Watch! I'll bring her over, and you'll be creamed."

20