Chapter 455: I’ve Only Thought About You
1.3k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 455: I’ve Only Thought About You

 

 Lu Chen wasn't done with his greeting as the people he greeted next were Liu Dingxiang and Meng Guang. The two were in this group as well. 

 

"Hello, aunty, uncle." Lu Chen gave a sweet smile to the couple.

 

"Hello, Xiao Chen. You look very handsome today." Liu Dingxiang greeted back as he praised Lu Chen. But there was a slight hesitancy in his words. The divorce was still fresh in his mind. 

 

Lu Chen praised back, "You guys look nice today too." Meng Guang and Liu Dingxiang were dressed up too. 

 

"Aunty and uncle don't need to be so formal with me. I'm not mad about the incident at all. I've already moved on from it." Lu Chen said calmly, noticing the tense expressions on their faces. 

 

"...We'll try." There was no guarantee as what happened was too egregious. 

 

"That's good enough with me." Lu Chen sighed. 

 

"!" But then he felt his spine shivering. Lu Chen turned over to see someone staring at him. It was none other than Song Chongli. 

 

"You're my daughter's partner?" Song Chongli walked up to Lu Chen and eyed him up and down. It was enough for people to know that tension was building up. 

 

"Lu Chen, this is my father, Song Chongli." Song Yanmei introduced her father to him. But Song Chongli continued to eye him down, 

 

"How old are you?"

 

"18"

 

"What do you do for a living?"

 

"I'm the CEO of my own company."

 

"How much do you make?" 

 

"Enough."

 

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

 

"Nope. Not yet." Lu Chen shook his head.  

 

Hearing all his answers, Song Chongli nodded, "I support you."

 

"What are you thinking about right now?!" Song Yanmei shouted. She didn't understand what was going on in her father's mind. 

 

"What? You're not getting young and-gah!" "Lu Chen, let's go." Song Yanmei didn't look at her father as she huffed away. 

 

"You deserve that." Lu Xiaotong quipped as he shook his head. 

 

"Never talk about a woman's age. Not unless you want to get smacked." Zhang Wenling added too. And the women in their group nodded their heads. 

 

While the group stared at a smacked Song Chongli, Liu Dingxiang and Meng Guang stood there, lost in thought. They watched Lu Chen walk away with Song Yanmei. 

 

Lu Xiaotong looked at the two and pated Liu Dingxiang's shoulder,  "See. Xiao Chen is fine with the divorce. So you don't need to worry about anything."

 

"Mmhmm." That's not what I'm worried about. Liu Dingxiang could tell from Lu Chen's eyes he wasn't sad about the incident. But that just made it even harder on them. 

...

"Lu Chen, I want you to meet with some of my friends." Song Yanmei said. 

 

Lu Chen smiled, "Sure." Even though it wasn't needed, creating connections with people was fine too. 

 

"Yanmei!" A girl called out to them. Lu Chen and Song Yanmei turned to see a woman in a red dress. She wasn't as pretty as Song Yanmei. But she was still beautiful. 

 

"Ah Na!" Song Yanmei hugged Fu An Na. But then she turned to look at Lu Chen up and down. 

 

"Oh my. Who is this person over here?" Fu Ah Na said with a seductive smile. 

 

"Hello, beautiful. My name is Lu Chen. I'm Song Yanmei's partner." Fu Ah Na's grin turned wide as she turned to Song Yanmei, 

 

"Yanmei! You got the biggest catch ever! No wonder you didn't want to go with Liao Yan. When you have a handsome guy like this, who needs anyone else?" Fu Ah Na laughed. 

 

"Ah Na!" Song Yanmei quickly closed Fu An Na's mouth. 

 

"Liao Yan?" Lu Chen tilted his head, "Dear, you had another person besides me?"

 

Song Yanmei quickly shook her head, "No, no, no! I don't have anyone else. I've only thought about you."

 

"..." There was a moment of silence. 

 

Fu Ah Na's eyes widened. Do you know what you just said?

 

Song Yanmei quickly grabbed his mouth. But then she looked at Lu Chen's mischievous smile. 


Check Out Patreon For Extra Chapters ^^

25