Chapter 456: Looks Can Be Deceiving
1.2k 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 456: Looks Can Be Deceiving

 

"You tricked me!" Song Yanmei realized what Lu Chen did. Lu Chen chuckled, "Sorry, but I had to do it. You were so teasable."

 

"Stupid!" Song Yanmei was embarrassed. 

 

"Wow, to think the prettiest girl in our university would act like a shy girl in love." Fu Ah Na never thought Song Yanmei would act like this. 

 

"Come on, introduce me to my friends." Lu Chen said with a wry laugh at the still-angry Song Yanmei,

 

"This is my best friend from my university days, Fu Ah Na." Song Yanmei pouted. 

 

"Hello there!" Fu Ah Na shouted, but she turned to Yanmei, "Yanmei, the others are waiting for us."

 

"Give me a few seconds." Song Yanmei needed time to calm herself down. Her face was red. 

 

"Yanmei looks so cute." Lu Chen said with a smile. 

 

"..."

 

It took a few seconds, but Song Yanmei looked normal again. And the three walked over to her friend group. 

 

"Yanmei! You look so beautiful today!" There wasn't one beauty that was there. It was a group of beauties! Each one had a different look and style. 

 

"And who is this handsome man?" The beauties started to circle around Lu Chen as they stared at him. 

 

"Sorry, but this kid is already taken by our Yanmei here." Fu Ah Na said with a sigh. 

 

"Aww."

 

"So unfair! How can you be taken?"

 

"Got any openings as a mistress?"

 

"What's your name?" A normal question popped up. Lu Chen smiled,

 

"My name is Lu Chen."

 

"Lu Chen?" The girls thought about it before one of them asked, "Are you from the Lu family?!" There was only one family. Lu Chen nodded, 

 

"Mmhmm. I'm the third son."

 

The third son? 

 

"Aren't you the black sheep of the family?" A mocking voice resounded the group. Everyone turned their heads to a bob-cutted woman. 

 

She had a lot of jewelry around her neck and ears. 

 

"Dai Hong, what do you want?" Song Yanmei rolled his eyes. 

 

"I'm only looking out for my friends. Don't you know looks can be deceiving?" Dai Hong had a vicious smile on her face.

 

"Dai Hong, watch your mouth." Fu Ah Na scolded as a frown formed on her face. The person you're talking about is right in front of you!

 

"I've only told the truth. And besides, everyone here knows about the rumors about the Lu family." Dai Hong explained as she continued, 

 

"Yanmei, you should have chosen Liao Yan instead. He has a better reputation as he's at least the first son, not the third, haha."

 

"Did you forget what you said in the beginning? Looks can be deceiving. Aren't you being hypocritical?" Song Yanmei scoffed. 

 

"Lu Chen, let's go. We need to greet other people." Lu Chen nodded at them as he walked away with Song Yanmei. 

 

"Is it ok to leave your best friend there?"

 

"I think Dai Hong should be afraid of Fu Ah Na. Ah Na is going to explode on her." Song Yanmei knew how Fu Ah Na would react next. And she didn't want to be in the crossfire.  

 

"I see. Also, are you going to tell me who that girl was?" 

 

Song Yanmei sighed, "Hate to say it, but she is a childhood friend. And she's been annoying me to go on a date with Liao Yan. I think she was bought off by him."

 

"I see." Lu Chen understood what was going on. Seeing the dark expression on her face, Lu Chen smiled,

 

"Don't make such a face. You're going to get wrinkles." 

 

"But it's obvious she was taking jabs at you." It was clear Dai Hong's aim was to try and demean him in front of others. But Lu Chen shook his head, 

 

"I don't really care about someone like her. And besides, want to know something funny?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Did you know that girl used the wrong makeup?"

23