Chapter 457: Eating Rather Than Mingling
1.3k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 457: Eating Rather Than Mingling

 

"Huh?!" Song Yanmei didn't expect a joke like that. 

 

But it wasn't.

 

Lu Chen pointed at his neck as he explained, "Her neck and under are darker than her face." He realized it. The makeup Dai Hong used was the wrong color. It was way lighter than her skin color.

 

Because of this slight difference, it looked like Dai Hong had a bad sun tan. 

 

Song Yanmei quickly turned her head to stare at Dai Hong! And she noticed as well! That frown instantly turned to a smile as she laughed! 

 

She saw where the makeup ended. She may have tried to dampen it to make it blend in. But it didn't work.

 

"Feel better now?" Lu Chen laughed too.

 

"Mmmhmm!"

 

"Then we should get something to eat now. Arguing with people always makes me hungry."

 

"..." I was the one talking, and you were standing there like eye candy.

 

"No one is eating! This is our chance to have our fill!" Lu Chen's eyes sparkled as he stared at the buffet line. There was no one there to stop him from eating. 

 

"Alright. Let's go." Song Yanmei hugged Lu Chen's arm as they went to the buffet table. 

 

"All of this looks so good!" There were rows of high-class foods, and it seemed nothing was touched. Lu Chen didn't hesitate as he went for the steak. 

 

"So good." And when Lu Chen bit into it, his face beamed with happiness. It was an expression so cute that it could blind people.

...

"Does Lu Chen know the food is only there for decoration?" Liu Shoushan asked Lu Aotian as he watched Lu Chen eat. The food was there for decoration. The focus shouldn't be to eat but to converse with others.

 

"I don't think he really cares." Lu Aotian shrugged, "The youngest does things his way." Lu Chen wasn't really the type to care about how people looked at him.  

 

"Not going to lie, he does make that food look good." Lu Hao said as he laughed. It was a mukbang. He could hear the people around talking about wanting to eat too. 

 

"I'm getting hungry too." Liu Shoushan cursed. 

...

Lu Chen continued to eat without caring about the people staring at him. He looked at Song Yanmei, who was doing the same. She was eating a piece of fish. 

 

"Is it good?" Lu Chen asked. 

 

"Mmhmm." Song Yanmei nodded. The fish was cooked perfectly. The moment she said this, Lu Chen bit down.

 

"..." "Mmm, tasty." Lu Chen said as he chewed on the fish.

 

"Hey!" Song Yanmei looked at him weirdly. Do you know what you did? But Lu Chen smiled more, "Don't be sad. Here, take a bite out of mine. Ahh." He had a small piece of steak in the air. 

 

"I-" "Ahh," Looking at Lu Chen's eyes, nothing would stop him. 

 

Song Yanmei sighed as she ate the piece of steak.

 

"Good?" Lu Chen asked.

 

Song Yanmei nodded meekly, "Mmhmm, it's good."

 

But that's not the point! Do you not see how others are looking at us?

...

Zhang Wenling smiled happily, "Aww, don't they look like a good couple, honey?"

 

Lu Xiaotong nodded, "They do."

 

"Kind of a player, don't you think?" Peng Huang retorted. 

 

"But they do make a good couple." Because of what they did, many people were looking at them.


Check Patreon For Extra Chapters ^^

24