Adapting to life Pt. 2
457 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I worked hard to create a timeline for mha on my own. Like legit I researched for two hours straight to come up with this. Well anyway hope you like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few weeks since Akira had woken up to find himself in this world. He had started being more "open" and by the looks of it Ayame and Saya were happy about it.

Saya was the quirkless girl here and being quirkless means being deemed "worthless" according to society here so she was ostracized by every other kid. According to his memory,she was not an orphan; instead she had been left here by her parents after finding out that she was quirkless.

It must have been quite a blow to her as she went into depression. No wonder quirkless people have the highest suicide rate in the world. Without anyone to lean on, most quirkless just kill themselves.

Izuku was lucky he had a better mother than most and was delusional enough to think of Bakugo's bullying as not bullying.

Akira was being "open" here to fish for more information as knowing more about the world would at least let him know where he stands.

Till now he had collected some basic information like where he lived, what year it was and who the top heroes were.

One of the first things he saw when he woke up was the sign of the orphanage which gave him his location. Musutafu city was where he was.

It was a fairly large city with nothing special about it other than the school that sat atop the hill overlooking it. U.A. High school was located here and with U.A being the number one hero school in Japan, naturally it was well protected and this city had more heroes than other cities the same size.

But more heroes also attracted more villains here so the city while it looked relatively peaceful was a place with hidden dangers.

As for the heroes, some of the top ones were still there and All Might was still the current number 1 hero. Akira had asked Ayame more about All Might as he wanted to use him to gauge the situation in Japan.

All Might was at the prime of his career currently and still hadn't formed a sidekick partnership with Sir Nighteye.

This small tidbit let Akira know that All Might still hadn't faced All for one. He didn't know exactly when that event occurred but he reckoned that it would occur in a few years most likely after he made Sir Nighteye his sidekick.

As for the other heroes, Endeavor was also doing well as the no. 2 hero even if he didn't look pleased about that fact. It seemed that he had already given up and was trying to raise a successor. He already had three kids by now with Toya Todoroki being the eldest followed by Fuyumi and lastly Natsuo.

Using this information, a timeline of sorts started forming in Akira's mind. He knew he had to plan well if he wanted to utilise his foreknowledge so having an accurate timeline was a must.

He had asked the system to reincarnate him four years before canon characters were born and considering he was already three, all the U.A characters would be born next year. He looked around for All Might's current age and found out that he was 32 this year meaning he would be 33 when Izuku was born.

He marked that as year 0 in his mind and made it a key point to remember. If he recalled correctly then Tomura would be around his age, he didn't know when he killed his family as it was never mentioned but Akira had an uncanny ability to spot small details and a rather sharp memory when it came to pointless things so he remembered that All for one was not wearing any life support equipment when he first met Tomura or Tenko as he went by before.

'Hm...I am not sure about it tho...but wait!!' Akira had a sudden bout of quick thinking and when he started  thinking about it logically, it seemed more likely that all for one met Tenko before facing All might as even if Tenko was out of it when All for one met him, Akira didn't think he would follow All for one if he looked like a masked Slenderman.

This was another point that he marked in his imaginary timeline. Judging by how Tenko looked, Akira put his age around 7 to at most 10 at his first encounter with All for one. Now taking the fact that they were both around the same age, he would place this encounter anywhere between three years to six years from now.

Akira marked another year as year 3-6 as all for one encounter. He cancelled out his current age which was the same as Tenko and arrived at this conclusion.

Next step was determining the date of all for one's fight with All Might. He knew it was around the same time as some Chainsaw massacre incident which was if he recalled correctly 5 years before canon meaning around the age when Izuku was mostly 10.

Taking Izuku's age of ten as another point, he marks it down on his timeline as year 10 approximate as he was not sure about it, he knew the toxic chainsaw massacre took place five years before canon but nothing was stated about All Might's fight with All for one except during his second fight with the same where the carnage was compared to Toxic chainsaw massacre time which led him to the conclusion that it was mostly around the same time give or take one year.

This discovery made Akira put the duration Tenko was with All for one before he fought All might anywhere between 7 years to 4 years.

And thus a nearly accurate timeline was slowly forming in Akira's mind and with it he was able to gauge the situation he was in. He was rather proud of himself at having made a timeline with such little details and was feeling more confident now that he knew more about the situation.

….

While Akira was lost in his thoughts, a small figure had entered his room. It was a short girl with gray hair and dark skin. Her face would invoke the desire to protect and her red eyes shone with happiness as she looked at her only friend.

She had tried grabbing his attention but seeing the look of concentration on his face had made her stop in her tracks. The girl was a resident at the orphanage named Saya.

She was once a cheerful girl full of life but it all changed when she couldn't manifest her quirk. The word "Quirk" always brought up bad memories for her.

Her parents used to love her a lot and would get her anything she wanted but when the Doctor diagnosed her as quirkless, she felt sad but not devastated as she still had her parents but she knew her parents didn't think like that when she saw their expressions after hearing the news.

She  still remembers the look of disgust on her parent's face when the Doctor had said, "I am sorry ma'am, your child is quirkless."

"How could we be so unlucky to get a daughter like this?!" her father had said to his mother when they got back.

"I am sorry Dear...even I didn't expect that she would turn out like this?!" her mother replied with sorrow in her tone.

Listening to them speak like that, Saya was shocked to the core. She couldn't believe the words coming out their mouth.

They were her only link to the world and it had just shattered in front of her eyes. She begged them not to leave her, she begged for forgiveness for not having a quirk but they paid her no heed.

They called her "worthless" , "defect" and "failure". All the kids who used to play with her started leaving her too, saying that they didn't want to associate with a "quirkless" like her.

Her mother was pregnant again and they saw no use in her so they left her at the orphanage. She cried for many days but they never came back. The kids at the orphanage too didn't talk to her.

Some younger ones talked to her but they were scared off by the others, saying that all those associated with her would also be quirkless.

Her life which was once bright and colorful had all but faded into grey but she got hope again when she met him.

Akira had finished plotting the timeline in his head...when he found Saya next to him lost in her thoughts.

Rolling his eyes at the sight, he raised his little hands and brought them near her face. When he saw that waving them in front of her eyes didn't even faze her, he smirked and widened the gap between his palms before quickly bringing them back.

*Clap*

"Aaaahh~.." Saya let out a scream as she flinched in fear and fell back.

*thud*

"Ouch" she cried as she held her head, a bump forming on it.

"Akira-kun, why did you scare me like that?" she said in a nagging tone.

If it was a few weeks before, she wouldn't have talked to Akira in that tone and she would have been much more reserved but recently she had noticed him changing. She couldn't exactly say how he was changing but she felt that he had become friendlier than before.

He didn't give out that cold aura and was more approachable. She liked the change and let her guard down around him too.

"You were just sitting next me daydreaming so I thought I would wake you up. What were you dreaming about though?" Akira replied.

"I was thinking about…." 'you' was what she was about to say but she realised it and managed not to blurt it out. Her cheeks flushed when she thought about what would have happened if she had actually told him that.

"..nothing. I was thinking about f-food...Well anyway I came here to call you for breakfast…but you didn't respond so I.."

"So you imitated me and got lost in your own thoughts?" Akira asked with a smug grin on his face.

"Ehh...y-yes...wait I mean no.." Sana stuttered to come with an answer but then she saw the amusement in Akira's eyes.

She puffed up her cheeks in mock anger and said, "Mouu~ Akira-kun, you meanie"

"Yes..yes,I am a...meanie as you put it but first lets go get breakfast, I am running low on energy and need food to deal with you.." he replied as he walked out of the dorm as Sana tailed behind him.

'Man...it sure is tough to act like a kid' Akira thought as he kept walking. Initially he thought blending in would be easy as long as he kept quiet but when he literally knew only two people, he couldn't lay low.

So he started acting more "cheerful" albeit slowly, he was becoming "open". He was following the examples of ice cold beauties or bishounens who would be cold at first but become "warm" after meeting other characters or something like that.

Of course, he found an alternative to blend in better. Since it was hard to act like a child, he just had to do the opposite. He had to stop acting like an adult and that's how he was able to tolerate and laugh at jokes he would cringe at if he was being an adult.

Still being a child had its perks and he was free all day. He would have really bored if it was just that but he was not in his world anymore and he was just as ignorant about this world as a child.

Watching people do bizarre things with their quirks and look bizarre because of their quirks was an interesting sight. Stuff he had only thought of as fantasy was real now and with 80% of the world having "superpowers" or quirks as they called it, the world was different than his previous one in many ways.

Although it had been weeks since he had been here, he was still amazed by quirks and was eagerly anticipating his own. He could sympathize with….no, understand quirkless people better.

Him, a person from a world where none of the populace had any powers was so eager to get his own, you could just imagine how a quirkless person would feel growing up seeing all the wonderful quirks others had.

While his quirk wouldn't alter his physique in any way nor did it do anything seen by the naked eye, he couldn't wait to manifest it as he wanted to feel the power, the power that went against all rational things from his previous life and he would be the one to wield it.

14