Changes
387 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yet another chapter~ here you go…
Also just made a server, you can join it and we can discuss things for this fic to well anything. Hope to see you there. Link in synopsis too.

Link: https://discord.gg/Ec6sMJ
[1620 words]

-----------------------------------------------------

 

The tv screen changed as the word ‘Sorry for the inconvenience, we are facing technical difficulties.’

 

The matrons turned off the tv but it already showed its effects as some people were looking at Akira differently. 

 

Akira calmly observed the expressions of everyone. ‘I can pretty much guess what happens next…’ 

 

He knew that most of the kids here didn’t like him for various reasons like envy for one. Akira was better than them and they knew it but they just couldn’t tolerate it. 

 

Adults in the orphanage liked him because he was well behaved and never troubled them in any way. They believed that he had a bright future ahead of him and would help them if they helped him now.

 

Of course, now that the word ‘villainous’ had been added to his quirk, more than half would most probably distance themselves from him.

 

In this world, appearances were important and having a villainous quirk deemed you automatically bad in most people’s mind.

 

Akira could try to refute them and be a hero, there have been heroes with villainous quirks in the past but that was not his target so he didn’t bother. His goal was to become a villain with enough power to shape the world and this only gave him more motive to be one.

 

Indeed things had started changing after Akira’s villain encounter, it had been a few months since that incident and he had noticed that people had started treating him differently. He had always been treated well by the matrons but now they had started shunning him. 

 

Rumours were floating around that he had a “villainous” quirk and anyone associated with him would become like him too. 

 

“See that's him..” a boy said to another boy pointing at Akira as he walked along a corridor.

 

“Whoa...really? He doesn’t look like a villain though..” 

 

“Maybe that's how he killed that villain..”

 

“Killed? But isn’t the villain still alive?”

 

“Who knows? We didn’t see him like other villains so maybe he is…”

 

The two boys quiet down as Akira nears them. This had become a common thing in the orphanage and Akira didn’t know who started the rumours. Akira held grudges and the person who spread those rumours would be near the top of his list now followed by the Karen mutant.

 

It was hard to find the source of rumours as Akira barely interacted with anyone in the orphanage. He could have befriended them but without a good quirk, he wouldn't have been able to lead them.

 

His quirk was no doubt a powerful one but it was not flashy and seeing that its main function was causing pain, they would see it as villainous.

 

If he had been in his world then perhaps he would have befriended many but quirks were a visible barrier in this world. Bakugo was the leader of his little gang even before he awakened his quirk but if he hadn’t awakened a ‘cool’ quirk as he did, then things would have been different after that.

 

He didn’t bother to form relationships with others here as he knew they would crumble unless he put in real effort which frankly didn’t have much use in the long run. 

 

Besides children didn’t make good minions unless they were groomed for it and grooming hundreds of kids without raising suspicion was hard. 

….

Saya couldn’t tolerate people badmouthing Akira and clenched her fists, a frown appearing on her face. She was about to act when she felt Akira squeeze her shoulder.

 

She turned to look at Akira who just shook his head. 

 

“B-but Akira-Kun, they were talking behind your back..” Saya said. She didn’t mind when people talked bad about her as she had gotten used to it, she still felt bad when they did that especially when they said she was not worthy to stand next to Akira or other mean things regarding her.

 

She even started feeling that way but she was too afraid to ask Akira about it as the possibility of him agreeing with them made her heart tighten. A small part of her felt glad that Akira was being shunned too as that would mean the chances of him leaving her was less but she immediately crushed that thought as guilt coursed through her.

 

‘How could I think about Akira like that…’ she thought.

 

He was her only friend and the only person who actually spent time with her. For her, a girl with no quirk, no quirk was considered bad and she longed to have one so it was no wonder she got angry seeing people call a quirk ‘evil’.

 

“H-how can you be so calm seeing like that?” Saya asked.

 

“Tell me Saya-chan, suppose a few flies are well...flying around you, constantly buzzing and annoying you. If you swat one down, more follow, what would you do?” Akira asked her.

 

Saya concentrates hard as she thinks of an answer. “Um...use insect spray?” she finally replied not too sure of her answer.

 

“...”

 

Akira just stared at her in silence before letting out a sigh.

‘I wanted to explain certain things with an example….but I guess she can’t understand it yet’

 

“Um...Am I right Akira-Kun?” Saya asked.

 

“Ah...yes you are absolutely correct Saya-chan” Akira replied with a strained smile on his face.

 

“Hehehe...y-you don’t have to praise me Akira-Kun, this question was so easy,” Saya said, twirling her fingers to distract herself. She was feeling elated as Akira praised her but she didn’t want him to know that.

 

“Why did you ask me so suddenly though?” Saya asked before her eyes widened. “Don’t tell me...it was a surprise quiz!!”

 

“Mhmm” Akira just nodded in reply as he had no idea what to say.

 

‘Well, at least she forgot about what she was asking earlier....’

 

….

[Umaru’s fate]

 

The next time Umaru opened his eyes, he found himself staring at an unfamiliar ceiling.

 

‘Where am I’ he thought.

 

He tried moving his body only to find out that it felt too heavy. No matter what he tried, he just couldn’t get his body up.

 

He found the reason for it when his eyes drifted to his body. His legs were put in a cast and were held by support starting from the ceiling. 

 

His one hand was also in a cast and his other arm was not there!!

 

His breath hitched as he started hyperventilating, his last memories rushed in and feelings of terror engulfed him.

 

“Aagh...AAhh”

 

He tried shouting but his throat felt wrong and he couldn’t speak properly.

 

Right at that moment, A man entered the room dressed in a long white coat.

 

“ Calm down...Umaru-san, you just woke up and shouldn’t try moving about much..” the man said.

 

“Whaaghhh” Umaru tried saying something but couldn’t speak legibly.

 

“Please don’t strain yourself. Now I will tell you a few things and I want you to listen calmly.” the man said in a cold tone.

 

Taking a deep breath he said, “ Umaru-san you are a convict now and you were brought here after you attacked a child…”

 

‘What??!! I never laid a hand on that kid..’ he wanted to say but he couldn’t get the words out and could only speak gibberish.

 

“...the boy awakened his quirk at the perilous situation and yet you still continued attacking him and here you are…”

 

“Oh and as for your injuries...we had to amputate one arm because it had burnt off and the other one is fractured badly and while there is a chance it might recover, you won’t ever be able to write again. Your legs are in a similar condition with a slim chance of being able to recover...” the man finished looking at him no pity whatsoever

 

“Aaagh….ahh baaa” Umaru couldn’t hold it in any longer and started shouting.

 

“Oh, and your throat has also been crushed...quite badly if I might add and as a consequence, you won’t be able to speak again…” the man said.

 

‘No NO NO...it was the boy who did it, why am I here now...that boy...no monster did this to me…’

 

“Also because you are a villain, the government won’t be paying for your injuries so you can only remain here for a week before we discharge...there is no one to blame for this except yourself.” the man added one last time and walked out uncaring. 

 

The man was a villain, a criminal according to law, and he was not a high-rank one either so the government didn’t have any reason to pay his bills. They were already hard-pressed running prisons so couldn’t be bothered about a C-rank villain.

 

Umaru finally broke down as tears started flowing down his face. He couldn’t believe it. His life was all but over now and after hearing what the man had just said, he lost the will to live. After all, what the man basically said was ‘you have one week’ and after that, we won’t help you.

 

He kept crying for a long time but no one paid him any heed. By the end of the week, his eyes had turned hollow and he just stopped reacting to anything around him.

 

The state couldn’t abandon an insane man so they had to take him but they only provided him with the bare needs to keep him alive but Umaru was already far too gone to recover and died within weeks.

13