Unexpected development
758 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there~, Guess who's back....

My exams finally ended and I did pretty well all things considered. I am back to writing and since its been a while, my skills might have gone rusty but here you go~

----------------

Saya’s smile stiffened as she heard Akira speak. “W-what do you mean Akira-Kun?”

 

“I meant what I said, are you really so naive that you actually believed them?” Akira asked.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Have you thought about why they want you back?...now of  all times”

 

“T-they..”Saya started but she struggled to come up with an answer as Akira was right. Why would they want her now suddenly when they just left her for years.

 

“See?” Akira said. “You can’t even come up with an answer so just trust me and stay here.”

 

“N-no..they are my parents, t-they love me so they came back for m-me..” Saya replied.

 

Akira blinked in surprise as he heard her, “Really..now? I can’t believe you are so gullible Saya-chan, after all, I taught you even... The world is not black and white, it is in shades of grey ~” 

 

Hearing Akira’s mocking tone, Saya couldn’t tolerate it and said, “Shut up! I don’t wanna hear it..you are just jealous you don’t have any parents!!”

 

Her eyes widened as she immediately regretted saying that, she put her hands on her mouth. “A-Akira-Kun...I am..”

 

“Pfft...hahahaha~” Akira broke down into laughter and leant against the wall to support himself. It took a while for him to calm down. He wiped the tears in his eyes and said, “Okay...now that was a good one, being jealous of you having parents is the last thing I would do. If my parents were anything like yours, I would rather remain an orphan than be with them.”

 

Saya felt a sharp pain in her chest when she heard Akira say that. Tears welled up in her eyes. Before she could retort, he placed his finger on her lips, “Shh~”

 

“I get it now. You are not going to change your mind and there is nothing I can do to stop you.*sigh*You can leave with them but don’t say I didn’t warn you..”Akira said.

 

She didn’t want to back down but seeing Akira’s eyes, she felt fear. He was smiling but his smile didn’t reach his eyes. It was quite unnerving to look at.

 

Gulping, she replied trying to apologize as he was her only friend and she was afraid of being hated by him, “I-I am sorry, Akira-Kun, it was very mean of me to say t-that…”

 

“Stop it...I don’t care about any of that but do keep in mind that when you are regretting your choice and in despair, I won’t be there this time…” Akira said, walking away from Saya without turning back.

 

She extended her hand to stop him and wanted to go after him but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. 

 

Her mother asked her to hurry so she quickly packed her things and left. She was feeling sad that Akira was not talking to her anymore.

 

Akira just watched calmly as Saya disappeared in the horizon.

 

“Aki-chan, are you feeling sad?” Ayame asked, feeling worried about his state.

 

“A little...but I am happy for her,” Akira said in a controlled tone, which brought a smile on Ayame’s face.

 

‘That’s the Akira I know’ she thought.

 

Akira calmly walked to his dorm, once inside he unclenched his fists, red marks had formed on his skin

 

He drew in slow, steady breaths trying to calm himself down. To see his years of ‘investment’ leave, Akira couldn’t help but get angry.

 

‘I shouldn’t have been that gentle on her’ he thought as he started rubbing on his palms with his thumb trying to soothe his red skin.

 

He had almost turned her loyal when her parents just had to pop up and take her away. He really wanted to snap her neck when she took that rude tone with him but he held himself back.

 

He didn’t lose hope yet because he knew Saya’s parents had ulterior motives so he just had to go ‘save’ her at the right time, it depended on what they planned on doing with her though which he didn’t have a clue of.

 

‘If I play my cards right, I might get her absolute loyalty...but first I need more information.’

 

He didn’t know what Saya’s parents were going to do but if he somehow prevented it at the right time, he could win Saya over completely using the suspension bridge effect.

….

Akira spent the day thinking about his plan and even got the address from the register. He wondered how the orphanage easily let Saya go with her parents after all they were the ones who had abandoned her.

 

He attributed this to her being quirkless as the chances of a quirkless girl being adopted was slim to say the least and they probably thought of her as an unnecessary burden.

 

He asked Ayame for permission to go to Saya’s house , she was reluctant at first but he convinced her somehow and he even told he wanted to go apologize to her as they had fought before she left. Ayame couldn’t bringe herself to say no to that so after telling him to take care of himself she agreed.

‘I wonder what Akira-Kun is doing now? I should go apologize to him again...’ Saya thought as she gazed out the window of the car. 

 

“Otou-san, can I go visit the orphanage tomorrow?” she asked her father.

 

His eyes cast a shadow as he smiled, “You are not going back there again, Saya-chan…”

 

“Huh? But you said I could visit...I h-have to ask him to forgive me ..”

 

“Just forget about him, you won’t be seeing him again.”

 

“B-but..”

 

“Shut up.” her mother interrupts. “We didn’t even want to take you back, it's just that your brother is very ill as his quirk puts a strain on his body and he needed to undergo heart surgery.”

 

“We searched so much for a donor but we found none but we discovered that your heart would be compatible so you see, Saya...we are going to need your heart.”

 

“Y-you can’t do t-that...I thought y-you loved me..” Saya began, tears welling up in her eyes but was interrupted again.

 

“Heh...loved you? Who would ever love a useless thing like you? We raised you so well and you turned out to be quirkless. You should feel happy now as you are finally of some use..” her father said. He stopped the car in front of a house which brought back memories for Saya and not good ones either.

 

“L-let me go...I don’t want to be with you...I hate you, let me go..I will go to the orphanage….I don’t want to be here...!!!” Saya started backing away but was quickly caught and restrained by her father’s vice-like grip. 

 

‘I should have listened to Akira-Kun’ she thought as regret swept over her. She tried putting up a fight but her parents overpowered her and she was quickly restrained.

 

They threw her in a room, her old room but it had no traces of the past. She stood up but before she could move towards the door she heard a click and she understood that they locked the door.

 

*bang**bang*

 

She slammed her fists against the door, “Let me go!! I don’t want this...Please let me go!!”

 

Of course, they didn’t listen to her so she stopped after a while. A part of her couldn’t believe this had happened, she hated herself more for falling for it. 

 

‘Akira-Kun was right...maybe I really am naive...I even fought with him..’

 

She remembered his last words to her and broke down into tears as she finally couldn’t handle another betrayal from her parents.

Meanwhile, Saya’s parents had contacted the doctors and agreed on a payment for the operation.  What they were doing was not exactly legal and was in fact very illegal but the ones they had called were a group of shady doctors who would do anything as long as the price was appropriate.

 

While it did put a sizable dent in their savings, they would at least save their son who had a strong quirk but a frail body.

 

Their son inherited both their quirks which let him push and pull objects towards him. It was even more powerful than their own and they believed he could be a top hero with it.

 

They had high hopes for him but things went wrong when he started coughing blood whenever he used his quirk. A quick visit to the doctor confirmed that usage of his quirk put a strain on his body and it was already too late to mitigate the damage.

 

The only solution was a heart transplant but they never found any donors with high compatibility. Just when they had lost all hope, they remembered their daughter who seemed healthy, the doctors informed them that there was a high chance that Saya’s heart would be compatible for transplant but they also said that only with her consent would they be able to do it.

 

Now they knew they had abandoned their daughter and that it was highly unlikely that she would agree to die for her brother who she doesn’t even know so they continued looking for donors in all places, even the black market when one day they were approached by few people who agreed to help them...for a price.

 

They were suspicious of course but left with no choice they agreed and here they were after tricking their daughter who remained gullible to this day.

 

The operation would take place in their house itself as the doctors didn’t need much equipment as one of them had a quirk that was suited for transplants.

 

Now all they had to do was wait and then everything would be back to normal and their son would be healthy again.

 

As for their daughter? They couldn’t care less about her and were even somewhat pleased that the money they spent raising her was not in vain.

…….

12