Holiday Special 2022: A Christmas Ritual
473 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
So this entire chapter was what happened when I tried to imagine what a Christmas would look like in another world where the inhabitants had absolutely no backstory and no idea of the context. How would said culture take someone talking about the "Christmas Spirit" or being given coal when you're naughty?

Oh, and also it was inspired by a conversation on our Discord https://discord.gg/VpXWpZusdj where we discussed Santa using the blood of children and elves to dye his clothing red. I think I mentioned something about that being the only place to get red coloring at the North Pole? Still funny though. Potentially offensive, but funny.

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! I'm also pushing to get up to 10 chapters ahead of the Public Release so please support me as long as it will not negatively affect you! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- Abelis Academy City, Plaza?, An Unnamed Christmas Day - Rose's POV –

So, Christmas is apparently a thing. While Miscalis obviously doesn’t celebrate the birth of some savior that they didn’t know about nor even celebrating a Winter Solstice, like ancient humans, both distinctly Earth-centric, they’d somehow gotten something similar to what might be called Christmas back on Earth if one squinted hard enough at it. Somehow, through their interactions with Summoned Heroes, once again most of which were Japanese, the people of Miscalis had gotten bastardized versions of many popular Holidays that were celebrated in Japan. One of the few ones I recognized, not being super familiar with most Japanese Holidays, was one they’d gotten second hand through their Heroes. Christmas.

That being said though, Miscalis Christmas was.. weird.

 

[Be sure to hold your partner’s hand while circling the mini World Tree sapling! We don’t want anyone cursed by Santa as a “naughty kid”!] – Legal Loli Sensei

[Okay!] – Everyone

 

Was this normal? This had to be normal right?!?

NO! Of course it wasn’t! How could anything about this be normal in any way?!?

Somehow, in like the worst example of a game of telephone possible, a version of that scene from The Grinch had turned into some kind of appeasement ritual to keep Santa from labelling you as a “naughty kid”. And no, you really REALLY don’t want to know what they think the “Christmas Spirit” does to “naughty kids”.

Even worse is that they were even using the English words for most of the celebration, but it was completely clear that none of them knew what any of them meant. To make matters even worse, as if that was needed in any way, was a certain Slime’s reaction to the entire event. Even now she was laughing so hard that she’d have suffocated long ago if she needed to actually breathe. Her jelly body was trembling with barely concealed laughter as she held in her giggles.

How does something like this even happen?!?


- Unknown Mountain Pass, Several Hundred Years Ago – Unnamed Harem Bastard's POV –

[Huh? It’s about time for “Christmas” isn’t it?] – Harem Bastard

[Curismas? What’s that?] – Priestess Harem Member

[Yeah tell us! Tell us!] – Loli Twin’s Harem Members

[Oh well if you must know it’s a…] – Harem Bastard


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh, and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
15