Chapter 151: An Eventful… Event?
413 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter, more than anything, is a testament to how little I like parties... I'm only joking. Not about the dislike of party's cause that's true, I did quite enjoy writing one so far though. I did have difficulty getting back into the groove though. After being out for over a month because of Covid I ended up with severe insomnia as my fancy dancy long Covid symptom. YAY! The biggest issue was how long it lasted but it didn't help that, after not writing for so long, I had forgotten a lot of my short-term plans for coming chapters. I was able to remember them after thinking about my story again but it was it bit longer coming than I'd have liked.

Just a little bit of casual racism to start off this chapter. You'd think those that managed to not be purged might change their ways to keep from being eliminated afterwards, and for the most part you'd be right, but some of the stupid ones are still kicking around. These particular ones are either too poor and powerless to matter OR, and this is even more major, their family is dependent on the good will of those they are harassing (to be fair only indirectly). Rose's family, the Amchier, are one of the most powerful political and financial powers on the continent. Their military is nothing to sneeze at either. With a regular army of over 10,000 soldiers on top of those they could sally forth if needed in a militia. Long story short you don't fuck with their family.

The rest of the chapter deals with a returning character that we saw all the way back in chapter 10. Back then she was only introduced for a few lines but came across as a overly sexual tease. She's still that but I felt that her character needed a little more depth so she's also a habitual gossip with a penchant for sadism. Her husband, only introduced by name previously, is now seen. Dude is a M through and through.

Just a reminder that the next chapter is on Patreon as always! I'm also pushing to get up to 10 chapters ahead of the Public Release so please support me as long as it will not negatively affect you! You can also support me on PayPal if you can't afford monthly amounts! Please support me there if you enjoy my novel and can afford to do so! Thank you and enjoy the new chapter!


- Abelis Academy City, Outside Party Venue - Karen's POV – 

 

Late, I was running late. During yesterday’s shopping trip I, with a group of Rose’s and my friends, had briefly separated from the aforementioned Lamia cutie, insisting on paying for our group’s meal at the very least. This had been both a result of guilt from letting her pay for everything as well as so we could do something in secret to surprise my beloved snek. 

It was during my preparations for said surprise that I had ended up taking far longer than expected, my practice nearly ruined by both the excitement as well as the degree of difficulty to begin with. And I was immensely satisfied with the result. On my way to the party venue I had even managed to pass through the town completely unnoticed as well, a victory for the intended effect.  

At least it was until now... 

 

[Would you look at that, some monster thought it was civilized enough to wear clothing, disgusting! Pteh!] - Well Dressed Dickhead 

[Wait a second, I think that this “thing” is the pet of that young princess from the Amchier House!] - Slightly Less Well Dressed Bastard 

[Oh? That jumped up bitch fr- Bleh!] - Well Dressed Dickhead 

[W-Wha-?!?] - Slightly Less Well Dressed Bastard 

[Don’t you dare dirty her name with your mouth bastard! This “pet” of hers is quite protective!] - Karen 

[M-Monster Bitch, do you know who we are?!? I’ll gut you! I’ll dry out your core until it crumbles! I’ll-] - Well Dressed Dickhead 

 

I lost control. My acceptance from the members of nobility, and beyond that the people of this world, was tenuous at best. I was expected to hold myself to an even higher standard than most of the races of Demi even were. I’d already had a slipup before when I’d gone out of control previously but that had been dealt with positively due to the corruption of the soldiers involved. This, however, was a different story.  

When that bastard and his sneering friends/lookers-on had started insulting MY Rose, I couldn’t stand it. How dare those no-dick bastards try to pull her to their level! Didn’t they know she was MINE?!? Didn’t they realize she was beyond them?!? How dare th- 

 

[Ah, there you are. The Young Mistress Rose has been searching for your presence. Her other friends have already arrived and are waiting.] - Annabelle 

[HAH?!? Don’t you know what this “thing” did?!? How are you going to compensate me?!? Do you want to di-] - Slightly Less Well Dressed Bastard 

[Ah yes. The young scion of the Neem Family, a barely holding on County with few holdings and even fewer funds...] - Annabelle 

[I-uh... I!] - Slightly Less Well Dressed Bastard 

[W-Well I’m the son of the famous Bête House and I demand compensa-] - Well Dressed Dickhead 

[Right, the “third” son, of a house that depends on the trade resources of the Amchier House to even manage their own territory. I wonder... will your father disown you first or perhaps offer you up to us on a silver platter? His disappointment of a son that stands to inherit nothing except a recommendation to a knight school. Doubtful he’s even willing to put his name to paper for such a thing considering...] - Annebelle 

[I-Y-You haven’t heard the last fr-from me!] - Well Dressed Dickhead 

[W-Wait for me!] - Slightly Less Well Dressed Bastard 

 

The calm voice of Rose’s personal maid cut through my rage, her seemingly emotionless voice breaking out of my spiral of anger and, even worse, hunger. I’d been a mere instant from cracking under the pressure but somehow, with a word, she’d managed to pull me out of it. 

Even more, she’d... 

 

[Let’s go, the Young Miss has been anxious about your absence.] - Annabelle 

[R-Right. Thank you...] - Karen 

[Ah by the way your dress is... actually nevermind, I’m sure that you’d rather have Lady Rose’s opinion rather than mine.] - Annabelle 

[…right. Umm... thank you.] - Karen 

[You’ve already said as much. Come along.] - Annabelle 

 

I’d always felt like Rose’s personal maid was a bit standoffish, like she didn’t particularly care about the wellbeing of anyone other than her ward or even what they did in particular outside of actions that directly affected Rose herself. To an extent, that was still likely true, but still, somehow, she felt like what a sibling would feel like. A big sister. 


- Abelis Academy City, Celebration of Birth Party Venue - Rose's POV – 

It had been several minutes since I’d sent Annabelle to look for Karen. The rest of my friend group had already arrived, including Argent, so she felt comfortable, albeit reluctantly, to leave me to look for her. I’d long since finished my personal greetings of important party’s and was nervously glancing towards the entrance whilst conversing with the guests, most of whom were much older than myself and not in direct antagonism with my family. A lucky thing too since my current actions were likely extremely rude meaning that I depended on that small mercy. 

That’s when I saw her. 

 

[Woah...!] - Rose 

[Hmm? Oho? Interesting...] - Slim Older Noblewoman 

 

With a light purple translucent “skin” that was constantly wet I’d basically given up on ever seeing my beloved in clothing outside of specific situations such as swimwear, even that had been only partially successful. Karen herself had also made it perfectly clear that she was unable to change her density enough to allow for traditional dresswear. It was this known “fact” that made the sight of her in a much darker purple accented slip dress both mesmerizing and shocking. The outfit was somehow resistant to the purple slime that made up Karen’s body. 

 

[H-How do I look?] - Karen 

[Like an angel... A-Ahem! I-It suits you, but how?] - Rose 

[A-Actually that’s really interesting! You see I talked with your parents about monsters that might have hydrophobic fur or even spider species with we-] - Karen 

[Stop changing the subject, you were so anxious about showing off to Rose. You can talk about the rest of that later.] - Malaise 

[Yeah! You worked so hard to be sexy for her, don’t ruin it with boring science stuff! Jump he- Ow!] - Veronica 

[Quiet! We’re at a party-] - Malaise 

[...so pretty.] - Shade 

 

Finally reaching me while fidgeting, the way she turned her doe-like eyes to look at me nervously from below made my heart nearly beat out of my chest. If we had been anywhere less public, I may have jumped her right then and there. But we WERE in public and my speechless, jaw on the floor, expression was starting to gather attention. Luckily, I hadn’t been close enough to anyone for them to catch any of my comments, nor that of my friends that had snuck up on us without me noticing, but it had drawn enough attention that it was pretty obvious that something was up. 

Still though I couldn’t manage to tear my eyes away from the sight of the love of my life shyly blushing as she asked for my opinion. Luckily, a familiar voice broke me out of my hypnosis before I did anything TOO blatantly obvious. 

 

[Ara ara, it looks like you two get along marvelously, I may have to eat my words from our last meeting.] - Baroness Milsett 

[Ah, the Baroness Milsett I believe. Is your husband Herald here as well? I apologize for not greeting the two of you if so.] - Rose 

[Hoh... The little girl from before is so much more confident now. I assume that little Prince of yours is not going to be available tonight?] - Baroness Milsett 

[No, he’s apparently busy with trade negotiations in Fastus. He’ll be out of the city for another week.] - Rose 

[Shame, he was always such fun to tease. But you asked of my husband, correct? Herald! Come here you useless clod, you’ve been requested!] - Baroness Milsett 

[N-No it’s fi-] - Rose 

[Oh, don’t worry your pretty little head over it, I worked hard to train that fool and it would be a waste for him to get used to being unseen. Ah, honey, there you are!] - Baroness Milsett 

 

Joining her, and the rest of our group, was the blandest human I’d ever had the misfortune to see. If you’d asked a million people to draw the most generic self-insert protagonist imaginable, they’d all have, without fail, drawn this man. Honestly, considering how his wife treated him, I’d expected something... different? 

 

[I’m here dear. Oh? Is this the girl that saved us before? I believe you said you met her at that time. She’s just as cut- Gah!] - Baron Herald 

[Ufufufufu, I hope you didn’t think you could get away with flirting with a young girl in front of me honey... I’d hate to have to... retrain you.] - Baroness Milsett 

 

The sudden elbow thrown into the midsection of the poor generic protagonist #987 made him fold like a cheap suit as the abused man held his middle. Honestly, I felt a bit ba- Wait is he blushing? What the hell?!? 

 

[Don’t mind him, he’s enjoying himself you see. A bit of a carrot and stick as the hero’s say. Such a wonderful phrase don’t you think? Carrot and stick...] - Baroness Milsett 

[...hero.] - Shade 

[Ah yes, a sore subject considering recent history. My own territory had similar uprisings from some lower noble families. My children countered such things well, but I understand that some places weren’t so lucky. I am deeply sorry for my poor choice of words. Especially considering your own involvement.] - Baroness Milsett 

[I... Thank you for your consideration. It was... painful.] - Rose 

[Certainly, certainly, I have heard conflicting rumors as to the level of your involvement, however. Some place you as a central figure in stopping the uprising and othe-] - Baroness Milsett 

 

The seductive older fox lady gradually moved closer as she pushed for more information. I’d previously been warned by Prince Arlen of her... aggressiveness but had discounted it as only applying to men. Unfortunately, her tastes seemed extremely varied. 

Karen, still flustered by my reaction to her dress, hadn’t yet moved to separate me from the increasingly handsy vixen and as for the rest of my friends... Well Veronica and Shade seemed unnaturally excited by the entire thing while Malaise was just peeking through her fingers while blushing. 

Luckily the vixen herself threw cold water on her seduction as the change of topic brought us back to reality. 

 

[Ah, is that you Milly? Attempting to bring another young noble lady into your converts? Bold move to target the granddaughter of those calamities. You never know how they’ll react when they hear of just how “interested” a third party is.] - Princess Jilliane de la Anguis 

[Tch! Oh, is that you Princess Jilliane? I hardly recognized you without your... companion. And not to worry, I was only being... friendly with my soon to be peer. I’d never even think of pulling someone so young into such... activities. Yet.] - Baroness Milsett 

[While I certainly believe that you’re telling the truth you must see it from my perspective, I’ve heard so many rumors as to your appetite’s and I felt oh so worried for the safety of my niece. You must understand of course.] - Princess Jilliane de la Anguis 

[Koff! R-Rumors? I simply have no idea what you could be referring to. Now you must excuse me. Have a pleasant evening Lady Rose, Princess. Herald, come!] - Baroness Milsett 

 

Interrupting the nosy fox before she could dig any more was a familiar face, one that immediately made the seductive older woman sneer in derision, Princess Jilliane. Acting as if she’d just been passing by and seen a familiar face, my own visual sweep of the room found her partner, Lady Estelle, waving at me from the catering table. It was clear that the older Royal had crossed the room directly specifically to get me out of that uncomfortable situation. What’s more, by hinting that the much older woman was looking to be improper she’d made it clear that she was in a no-win scenario. One which, luckily, the astute noble caught onto at once. 

 

[Tch! And here I was hoping for some actio- OW!] - Veronica 

[Quiet you! Just because you were getti-] - Malaise 

[Don’t think I didn’t see you peeking through your fingers, interested in some Milf action huh?!?] - Veronica 

[...tch.] - Shade  

[Th-Thank you again Princess Jilliane.] - Rose 

[I-I thank you as well. <Although I would have been fine with a liiiiittle longer...>] - Karen 

[It is no problem, dear. The Baroness might be a predator, in a lot of ways, but she’s essentially harmless. It’s likely she was just digging for some gossip. Look.] - Princess Jilliane de la Anguis 

 

Sure enough, just like she’d said, the beautiful fox woman was already whispering to some of her peers with their heads close. It seems that the older woman HAD, truly, only been after something juicy to gossip about. The grin she sent my way that was a mixture of smugness and flirtation told me everything I needed to know about the woman I’d only met once before. 

 

[Honestly, if it weren’t for her tendency to spread anything she learned about like fertilizer I’d likely have gotten along with the woman. She is, after all, a decent person. Evidence to the contrary.] - Princess Jilliane de la Anguis 

[Well, whatever the rea-] - Rose 

[Well then, would you look at that. Yet another person falling for my beautiful Mistress! As expected of one that I’ve sworn to serve!] - Argent 

[U-Umm! Y-You look b-b-beautiful!] - Urz 

[Oh? Argent and Urz! I was wondering where you were! My maid said you had already arrived, but I didn’t see you!] - Rose 

 

Interrupting our conversation was the rest of my group. Argent, beaming arrogantly at her surroundings, espoused the virtues of... well... me. I wondered what she’d do when she realized that she had interrupted an actual Princess, although with the personality I’d seen from her so far, she probably wouldn’t mind. Yep, even now she was watching our interaction with warm eyes, lucky too, cause her presence was making the lesser noble’s keep their distance even though many of them were sending curious glances our way. Hell, I’m pretty sure I saw that annoying brat staring our way while bug eyed. 

 

[Is anyone else here from class? I don’t se-] - Argent 

[Ogi didn’t want to come. Something about annoying rich people.] - Veronica 

[W-W-Why would you mention his n-name specifically?!? I-I wasn’t looking for him in particular!] - Argent 

[Cute.] - Veronica 

[Cute.] - Malaise 

[...cute.] - Shade 

[Yep. Definitely cute.] - Rose and Karen 

 

Cute. The adorable stuttering of a girl so completely seen through was probably the cutest thing I’d ever seen. Although I think I’d said the same thing about her reaction last time too...? Anyway, it was adorable, and no one could change my mind about it! 

 

[Well, I’d hate to remain the third wheel now that I’ve chased off the buzzing insects. Besides, it looks like a certain person is staring this way enviously...] - Princess Jilliane de la Anguis 

[Huh? Who?] - Rose 

 

Following the pointed gaze of the Princess I found another Princess of a much younger age, her slight pout quickly vanishing when she realized I was looking her way. The smile that it turned into nearly blinded me with its innocence. 

 

[Who was that anyway?] - Argent 

[Oh her? She was only the cousin of the Queen of Anguis, the Princess Jilliane de la Anguis.] - Malaise 

[WHAAAAAAAAT?!?] - Argent 

 

The screams of despair from a noble that realized how she acted was the backdrop to my approach towards the person that I’d anticipated this event for. She, secondary to dancing with Karen, was the entire reason I’d even started feeling like this was worth it. Speaking of which... 


Announcement
Shameless Request incoming! Please remember to like my chapters and be sure to rate my novel or even review if you can so we can push my novel to a wider audience! Thank you! Oh, and be sure to follow me for instant updates on chapter's dropping! NOT a Yandere Imouto Demands it! Oniichan has set up a Discord that we want to become much larger, we discuss this novel as well as sharing our interests and Monster Girl meme's. Click Here to Join! Or Else!
14