Chapter 2 – The Elf on a Certain Island (Part 1)
421 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days ago, on a certain island.

In a huge prison-like warehouse with stone walls, there were 2 boys. One was unconscious, the other one was in the middle of waking him up.

"Sid."

"...."

"Sid!"

"...."

"Sid!!!!"

"H-huh? Wh-whaa?"

"You okay, Sid?"

"Y-yeah, my head hurts."

"Of course it hurts. Your head got punched so hard you blacked out."

"Damn those pirate bastards."

"I hate them too, but we're still kids. You're 12 and I'm 13, how are we supposed to fight them back?"

"Yeah, you're right Max."

"What happened anyway?"

"They were trying to rape me. So I fought back. My face looks cute like a girl, since I'm an elf."

"...."

"You don't have to feel bad. I mean come on, I look like a girl and I'm weak like a girl. Elves my age are weaker than humans my age. Plus, we don't get to eat much since we're slaves."

"Well, you were lucky that they had an emergency, or else that hole of yours would be busted."

"Yeah, before I got punched, I heard one of them running into the room while panicking, so they must've went to check what was going on. Do you know what happened?"

"I'm not sure, it's probably the Alliance Navy."

"The Alliance Navy? What's that?"

"You didn't know? They're a navy made from the alliance of many kingdoms. They are literally one of the most powerful forces in the entire world. Part of their job is to hunt pirates "

"Uhh, I've never really learned about those stuff."

"Oh yeah, I heard elves were reclusive."

"Not really, we just don't like coming out of our kingdom. Hence we don't get taught that many things about the outside world."

"Huh, I learned something new today."

After their little chat, a person came to them. It was an older person around the age of 15 to 16.

"Hey guys, I think there's a battle going on outside."

"Really? Hey Sid, want to check it out?"

"Is that even possible Max? We're locked here."

"No, I didn't mean go outside. We'll just look through the windows."

"Max, the windows are almost ceiling height. It's a hassle to climb the walls to reach them."

"Okay then, I'll go with Ryan."

Ryan was the guy who told them about the situation and was standing next to them.

"Okay Max, you go with Ryan, I'll just be here."

"Okaaaay."

Outside the prison, the pirates were truly fighting with the Alliance Navy. The Alliance Navy wore blue uniforms, while the pirates wore dirty and ragged clothes.

Guns did not exist yet in this world, so they were fighting with swords and crossbows. Magic was also used, but only a few of them were capable of using it.

Arrows flying everywhere, clangs of swords everywhere.

People were dying left and right. Some of them were decapitated, others were rained by arrows, and a lot of them were killed by magic spells.

It was a spectacular, yet brutal battle.

The real eye-catching attacks were the spells from the mages.

The mages from both sides caused a huge uproar on the battle.

Fire spells burnt everything in it's way, so there were lots of charred corpses on the battlefield.

Earth spells caused the ground to crack and swallow people.

Wind spells blew people into the sky and dropping them hard.

Water spells made use of the ocean's water and swept through the masses.

But that didn't mean that the attacks without magic were less brutal.

One pirate who was skilled with a sword was slashing an onslaught of people.

Another pirate who was skilled with a crossbow was shooting people from far away like a sniper.

An officer from the Alliance Navy, who was skilled with a spear made way through the crowd of pirates coming his way.

Another officer fought his way through with 2 knives, it was almost as if he was a skilled assassin.

It was an intense and epic battle.

It was also a pretty balanced battle, both sides were of a similar strength. But alas, the Alliance Navy were jus a tad bit stronger, so the battle was leaning to their win more and more.

Not to mention, the Alliance Navy were more organized than the pirates.

The pirates were a bit malnourished so they did not hold well for long.

In just half an hour, the pirates lost.

"Admiral Zeke, we have finished gathering the corpses."

"I see. Make sure you burn the corpses till they become ashes."

"Yes sir!"

An Alliance Navy admiral named Zeke White, was the one who lead the attack.

His intel discovered a pirate ship and he decided to tail them to their hideout. It was done with concealing magic, so their ships were not seen by the pirates.

What he discovered wasn't just a single tiny island out in the middle of nowhere, but a decent size undiscovered archipelago.

Sadly, because his occupation wasn't a pioneer from any kingdom, he wouldn't be able to claim the archipelago as his.

Luckily, since his mission to wipe out the pirates was fruitful, he might be able to request ownership of at least one of the islands of the archipelago from the Alliance Navy.

"Sir, we've discovered a warehouse full of illegal slaves!"

"Oh? How many slaves are there?"

"Around 100, sir! All of them are just women and children! What should we do?"

"Leave them. Our mission was only to attack the pirates."

"B-but sir, they'll starve and die if we leave them."

"Since I'm so kind, I'll let them have the pirates' food. Hahaha."

"...."

"Don't worry, it's not like we're abandoning them. We're just going to send a rescue ship to them after we arrive at headquarters."

"That would take months, sir."

"Eh, they'll be fine. This island has many fruits."

"...."

"Come on, don't be sad. Let's go back home."

"Y-yes sir."

10