Chapter 2 – The Elf on a Certain Island (Part 2)
339 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"H-hey!! Where are you guys going?!!"

A desperate woman was yelling at the ships that were being boarded by the crew.

They were the ships of the Alliance Navy.

"Don't worry ma'am, a rescue ship will be sent later."

An officer answerred to the woman.

"O-okay."

As she was a slave, although an illegal one, she did not question things too much.

Since the woman was the first one to ask questions, others soon followed.

And thus a quite lengthy QNA between the slaves and the officers began.

After a few hours later, the QNA was finished and all the ships sailed, leaving behind the illegal slaves that were captured by the pirates.

Sid and a few of his friends weren't included in the QNA though, because they were seeing something too inexplicable for them to understand.

One of their friends discovered something and told the group to see it.

They were currently on the other side of the island.

"Whoa, check it out Sid. What is that?"

"Max, shut up. That looks too dangerous to approach."

In a whispering voice, Sid answerred.

As they were in a group of 9, all of them but Sid were feeling quite courageous.

While also whispering, Ryan took the lead.

"Guys, I think it's something valuable."

"No, Ryan it looks too dangerous."

"Sid, you're being too scared."

"No Ryan, my gut feeling is telling me that it's dangerous."

*CLUNK CLUNK*

"Guys!! See? I told you it wasn't dangerous."

While the group was busy arguing while whispering, Max quietly went to the object and hit on it.

"ACTIVATING NOISE DEFENSE PROTOCOL."

Suddenly a loud ringing noise rang from the object.

*RIIIIIIIIIIING*

"Aaaaaaarrgh!!!"

"Gyaaaaaaaah!!!"

"Make it stoooooop!!!!"

Screams were let out from the group's mouths.

"SCANNING FOR THE BEST POSSIBLE CANDIDATE."

"Please!!!! Make it stooop!!!!!"

"Uaaaaaaaah!!!!"

But no matter how loud they screamed, it didn't stop. So they all ran away.....

Except for Sid.

"Gyaaaaaaaah!!!! Let me goooo!!!"

While his eardrums were bursting, the object let out tentacle that suddenly grabbed hold of him.

"FOUND THE BEST CANDIDATE."

"SCANNING FOR COMPATIBILITY."

"COMPATIBILITY AT 89%."

"CHANCE OF SUCCESS: HIGH."

"BEGINNING THE OPERATION."

While he was still screaming and being confused, another tentacle came out from the object. Only this time, was attached with a needle.

The needle stabbed into the neck of Sid, and injected a drug into his bloodstream.

Sid then went limp and unconscious.

A few days later, Sid regained his consciousness. Only this time he had a new set of memories.

'I was Sid. Or rather this body is Sid's, well mine now.'

The new Sid who was sleeping in the new world, remembered his other set of memories.

'I guess the side effect of having two personalities is true. But why do I feel like just one person with 2 sets of memories?'

'I don't even feel like my previous selves. It's as if I'm a new person born from these 2 sets of memories.'

The new Sid was currently inside of the robot, resting on a sleeping pod. The robot's inside looked like a small room.

Other than the sleeping pod, the room has a crafting station, a storage compartment for different items such as food, weapons, medicine, and a bunch of other stuff.

There's also a small door leading to the technical room of the robot.

The room contains the energy core, engine, computer, weapons system, and other machinery.

"Hey, robot, what should I call you?"

"YOU ARE THE CAPTAIN. I CANNOT NAME MYSELF."

"Hmmm, then what about T?"

"CONFIRM NAMING?"

"Oh yeah, forgot that you're a robot. You don't have any opinions."

"CONFIRM NAMING?"

"Yeah, I confirm."

"NAME CONFIRMED. MY NaME IS T."

'Shit, it's probably a bad name. Someone else would probably laugh at me.'

"Now can you change the way you call me? I don't want to be called No. 499."

"OF COURSE. PLEASE ENTER YOUR FULL NAME."

"Huh? Why should I do that?"

"CAPTAINS HAVE TO ENTER THEIR FULL NAME."

'Umm, should I use my Earth name or my elf name?'

'Eh, fuck it. Let's just use my elf name since I'm in an elf body.'

"PLEASE ENTER YOUR FULL NAME."

"Sidious Yggdrasil."

"NAME CONFIRM?"

"Yeah yeah."

"NAME CONFIRMED. PLEASURE TO SERVE YOU, CAPTAIN YGGDRASIL."

'Come to think about it, wasn't Yggdrasil the so called tree of life from Nordic mythology? What a coincidence that my last name is that.'

'My elven family never really told me about the family tree, even though we're nobles. Don't know why though.'

After racking his brain a few more times, Sid stood up while stretching.

"T, give me the perimeters of this island."

"NOT ENOUGH DATA. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME TIME TO SCAN THE WHOLE AREA."

After saying that, a drone the size of a human palm was deployed.

It then began scanning the whole area.

'Okay, I guess I have to wait then. Speaking of which, I stink so rather than doing nothing but wait, let's just clean myself.'

"T, is there a shower or something that can clean me up?"

"THERE IS A TAP, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE WATER IS LIMITED AND IS FOR DRINKING."

'Sigh, do I have to search for a river or something?'

'Nevermind, the drone is doing that. So do I just do nothing and wait?'

"Oh yeah, why did the escape pod get damaged so badly anyway? Just crashing onto the ground wouldn't damage it badly, especially if it's a sandy beach."

"THERE APPEARS TO BE AN ANOMALY AT THE DATA REPORTED."

"Hmm, let me see."

After saying that, the single huge screen that was inside of the room lit up and showed the analytics.

'For a robot, it's quite a peculiar one. I haven't seen a robot the size of a bedroom with a tiny room inside of it.'

While sorting through the data, he found an odd sentence.

'Hmmm, damage from an unknown force in mid-air?'

'Could it be magic? But isn't magic less powerful the further it gets away from the caster?'

'Also, why couldn't the CCTV footage pick it up?'

"CAPTAIN, THE DRONE HAS FINISHED SCANNING THE AREA."

"Oh hey, that's great. Is there any clean water source available?"

"THERE IS A TINY WATERFALL AND LAKE TOWARDS THE CENTER OF THE ISLAND. SHOULD I SEND YOU THE MAP?"

"Great, now I can get rid of the dirt and smell on my body."

"Wait, send the map? How?"

"ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER MODIFICATIONS, I INSTALLED A CHIP SLOT FOR RECEIVING INFORMATION INTO YOUR BRAIN."

'Holy fuck, that's actually cool.'

10