Arc 1 -Lost- Part 0
1.6k 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where am I? Marilyn thought as her eyes opened. Everything within her sight was blurred and no rustle of leaves or cries of animals could be heard. Her body felt like it was being drifted along. As memories of familiar faces entered her mine, her mouth opened to shout, yet silence remained in the space around her. Her mouth gaped out, her body tensing yet no sound came out, suddenly her chest felt strained, both her mouth and nostrils refused any air it was as if something else was filling them up.

Marilyn’s silver eyes darted about as her heart raced within her chest. Soon however she realized it wasn’t just air she was being refused, her very limbs refused to listen, only remaining still in place.

The blurry scenery around slowly grew darker, as a strong force gripped her and dragged her lower into darkness. It wasn’t long before her eyes, filled with droplets felt the closing of her lids. Why is this happening? The last thought of her mind only to be interrupted by a blurred figure above her.

It drew close and as it reached out to her there was no doubt it was a person. Their body was warm and rough, their hands which held her were big yet comforting. It was a body she had never been embraced by. Who are you? those words she could only materialize in thought, as her eyes strained to see her savior’s face.

 “Mar,” a voice final sounded in her ears though quite faint. “Mari,” again the voice sounded, “Wak-up,” as the words continued to come to her, it soon felt familiar. “Marilyn, get up already!” with that shout Marilyn’s eyes awaken as she darts upwards, her mouth wide open as heavy breathes escape it. “Finally, you know how long I was trying to wake you,” said a girl with long blue hair, her face leaned close upon seeing Marilyn’s expression. “You alright?”  she asked.

Marilyn’s breathing slowed as she saw the familiar face and with a slight smile replied. “I’m fine, I was just having a weird dream, sorry to worry you, Lacey.”

“Is that so?”  Lacey sighed before continuing, “well as long as it’s just a dream, but if something’s up let me know.”

“Worry not, you know I will, besides it’s not like I can hide anything from you or Kayla,” with those words Marilyn flashed a smile. However, a sudden realization came to her and her eyes searched the ruined and charred room around her. “Wher-?”

 “Kayla’s searching what’s left of the village to see if we missed anything,” Lacey cut her off and continued, “she said she couldn’t be bothered to wake up ‘sleeping drooly’ so she left me to do it.”

“Sleeping drooly?!” as she shouted, Lacey pointed to the slimy liquid running down her lip. Marilyn’s fair skin soon turned almost as pink as her long hair.

“Anyway, you should hurry and eat, we’re already behind on schedule,” as Lacey spoke, she grabbed the neatly folded clothes nearby on the ground and handed them to her, “here get dressed too.”

“Right, will do!” Marilyn responded.

 Lacey gave her a nod and left through the single entrance with its broken-down door.  After seeing her figure disappear and her footsteps grew more distant, it didn’t take long for Marilyn’s smile to fall to a frown.

“Just a dream…” she spoke to herself in a soft tone, the sight, the feelings, everything still fresh in her mind. Especially that person, their size, their firmness, and their warmth. Who or what they were filled her thoughts, with all this Marilyn couldn’t help but wonder was it really just a dream or was it another vision, and if it was what could it mean for her and her quest?

24