Arc 1 -Lost- Part 19
542 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The young Tina held her breath as she hid within the forest shrubs. Two shadows walked by as her body trembled endlessly. Her eyes glanced to the side, and two scaled women came into view. While she managed to escape from the village thanks to her aunt and the other fighters, she could only hide within the nearby woods. She’d never left the village before and now with it being ravaged by these monstrous women, she didn’t know where else to go or even what to do.

The scaled women stood nearby for a while as they looked about. However, it wasn’t long until one gave a creepy screech and they began to move on once again. The fear that gripped her heart slowly began to leave her as the two monsters walked further away from. Unfortunately, they stopped and turned back toward her direction.  Her eyes filled with anxiety, glanced at them as she covered her mouth.

These things killed her mother and the villagers, if they found her would they slay her too just like them? The young Tina could only think of the horror that would arise as they walked closer.

To the girl’s surprise and relief, they once again avoided her hiding place and went to the opposite side, but those feelings didn’t last long. The creatures screeched as the rustling of leaves and the cracking of twigs sounded out, and soon the piercing screams of a lady in agony.

“No! I beg you!” she cried out as they dragged her out of her hiding spot. The young girl could only watch in disbelief and terror as the woman bawled, her face and clothes stained in tears and blood.

“Please spare me!” she continued to beg, “look I know I heard someone else hiding over there,” she pointed right over to the young girl’s location, “you can take them so please spare me!”

Tina’s stomach sang as she heard the woman desperately sold her out to save herself. One of the scaled women screeched, and with that, the other walked over to her hiding spot. The girl’s mind became overwhelmed with the situation she found herself in, as the steps came ever closer. Then her eyes caught onto something, it was in that moment and desperation she grabbed hold of a long-pointed stick and held it close. In the coming moments, her actions would decide whether she lived or died, even as young as she was, she realized that.

The scaled woman rummaged through the bushes and peered her head around the tree trunk. A loud screech sounded out as the girl thrust the stick right into the creature’s eye. The scaled woman staggered back as blood flowed out of her impaled eye socket. The girl sieged this opportunity and ran off deeper into the forest.

“See! I told you there was another one!” the desperate lady said as they saw the girl run off, “you can have her and spare m-!” her words halted as a sudden and sharp pain entered her chest, her eyes looked down only to see her body pierced with the scaled woman’s claws. She tried to scream but blood only splatted from her mouth and as the monster removed its claws, she landed on the ground as a pool of her own blood surrounded her. The scaled woman walked up to the other as it pulled the stick from its eye. They screeched to each other as they charged into the forest after the fleeing girl.

Someone, please! Save me! She pleaded in her mind as she fled. Whether it be by the grace of the Goddesses or another person, she just wanted someone to protect her from this nightmare. Her troubles, however, only seemed to get worse as she tripped on a root and stumbled onto the forest floor. Her body and clothes stained with dirt and blood as she tried to raise up. Yet, two screeches sounded behind her and as she hesitantly looked back the image of the two scaled women stood there. At that moment her head went blank as her body became paralyzed with fear.

The only thing left for her was to scream out and hope someone comes. The two monstrous women extended their claws and the approached the defenseless girl. Then a spear landed in front of them stopping their advance upon the young Tina. Both scaled women looked around in anger, while the girl gazed upon the spear in disbelief.

“By my honor as a member of the order of knight maidens,” Lacey said as she jumped down from the treetops and grabbed her thrown spear, “I’ll protect you,” she said as she looked back at the young girl, before turning to face her two opponents.

Tina gazed up with teary eyes at her savior. There isn’t a single soul in Arthrain that doesn’t hold the knight maidens, the Queen’s finest and most chivalrous warriors, in high regard. However, there was something iconic about the one which stood before her. The long silky blue hair, her long spear, and dignified aura. The young Tina couldn’t help but wonder, was this knight maiden perhaps, the famous Lacey of Dulac.

“Come! Face me!” Lacey shouted out as she pointed her spear at the two scaled women.

One of the monstrous women gave out a vile hiss before it suddenly charged right at Lacey. Seeing her opponent approach her, Lacey smirked as she gripped onto the spears pole. As it reached close, the scaled woman raised her arm and swung at her. Lacey countered the incoming razor-sharp claws with the pole.

Ding!

The clashing of the steel pole and the claws sounded out. The scale woman hissed out as she sent jabs and slashes towards Lacey, who skillfully wielded her spear to parry them all.

“Look out!” The young girl suddenly cried out from behind.

Just as she did, Lacey caught the motion of something in the corner of her eye. She soon shifted her head to the side and as she did a strong breeze brushed against her skin as a woosh sound entered her ears. Lacey soon jumped back a bit as the two scaled women faced her.

“I must say, while I wasn’t expecting you things to fight fairly, that was still very rude!” as she spoke her opponents primed their claws once more. I suppose it’s time I got a little serious. Lacey grinned once more as she launched straight at the two scaled women. Her sudden offensive move caught them off guard as her spear went right for one of them.

It scrambled to block, but it wasn’t fast enough. An ear-piercing screech escaped its mouth as the spear jabbed right into one of its eyes. The other quickly readied its claws to counter-attack. However, Lacey pulled out her spear and as blood squirted out of its wound, she swung her weapon and parried the other scaled woman’s attempt at an attack, sending its arm back and unbalancing it in the process. Lacey quickly took advantage of this as she swung the spear once more, its sharp end sliced right into the monstrous woman’s throat. The deep red color gushed out and as it panicked to grab its neck, Lacey swung the spear around in her hand and raided up, before sending straight into her opponent’s head. A single screech came out as its eyes rounded and as Lacey pulled out her weapon it fell to the floor.

Lacey soon heard another screech as the one she injured got up, its eye already stopped bleeding and was healing. Impressive, but can it heal from this. She thought as she ran up towards the remaining scaled woman. The monster seemed prepared for another offensive attack and readied its claws. Lacey gave a smirk as she approached, but instead of launch her spear she leaped into the air. Stunned by her move the scaled woman gazed up at Lacey as she flew overhead. She held her spear in a throwing position and as she went over her opponent, she lunged the spear straight through the top of its head. As lacey stuck her landing the scaled woman hissed out as its body twitched with her spear still pierced into its head.

Lacey calmly walked up and yanked her weapon out and as blood splatted out, the scaled woman fell to the ground.

The young Tina gazed up at the woman before her. She had heard the stories of the knight maidens, but this was the first time she had seen one fight beside her aunt. After seeing such skill and realizing she was safe, tears of joy soon spilled from her eyes.

“The two scary ladies can’t hurt you anymore, you’re safe now,” Lacey spoke gently as she approached the girl, “are you-!” she couldn’t finish her words as the little girl lunged into her and bawled into her modest chest. While Lacey was caught by surprise for a second, she soon embraced the girl. “It’s alright, you’re safe now, you’re safe.”

16