Arc 1 -Lost- Part 34
288 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The heavy showers continued to pour down. Even under the cover of the tree, Dante could still feel the drops of water falling upon him. However, that was quite insignificant compared to what he was focusing on now.

“How in the hell does this thing work?”-he brought the small orb to his golden-brown eyes as he asked, “I better not have to chant something…”-he shook a bit before returning his gaze to the unconscious shapeshifter. At this rate it’ll wake up before I even get to use this damn thing! Dante thought as he continued to observe the item, but still nothing on it revealed how it worked.

“I swear that goddess is such a usele-” as he was speaking the shapeshifter grunted a bit, Dante instinctually readied himself in case it woke up, but then something came to his mind. Do I have to make it swallow it? It was the only real plausible way he could think this magic gem would work.

“Well, only one way to find out…” Dante reached and grabbed its jaw and as he brought the gem close to its face, a bright light suddenly shined from it, “What the…” the small magical orb, shot out from his fingers and slammed itself right into the creature’s forehead. Its skin sank inwards as blood soon began to leak out. A magical light soon rippled throughout its head and down into its body as the gem buried itself in its head.

Its mouth soon opened and gave out a screech. Then its eyelids raised to reveal its eyes which glowed in the same magical light as the gem.

I guess that’s how it works…Dante was a little confused, but it seemed like the gem did what it had to do. However, there was only one way to be sure of that, and Dante was well aware of it.

“W-wh-why a-am I…” the shapeshifter stuttered out, “wh-wh-w-what’s g-going on…?”

“Listen up, I’m the one who’s going to ask the questions, here got that,” Dante stooped down in front of the restrained shapeshifter as he spoke, “and you’re going to answer every last one honestly.”

“Y-ye-yes…I-I-I und…derstand…”

“Good, then first thing what exactly are you?”

“I-I don’t kn-know… w-was once hu-h-human, now I-I am a-a servant of-f the M-Madame…”

This Madame person again, that black knight mentioned her before… Dante thought back to the fight with the scantily armored woman, whose equipment resembled a dragon’s.

“Who exactly is this Madame, what’s her plan?”

“A-all I kn-know is s-she’s a powerful ma-magician… a-and m-m-my creator…”

“Then in that case, I’ll just have to ask her myself,” Dante said as he pulled out his pocket knife and sliced the bindings which restrained the shapeshifter, “come, you’re going to take me right to her.”

“Y-y-yes… I u-un-understand…” as it gave its stuttered reply, they both stood up and the shapeshifter walked off in front, leading Dante towards its master’s location.

I’m going to finish this myself…Dante confirmed to himself as he reminisced about the girls, sorry for going on my own, but it’s better this way. I’ll end whatever is going on here and find your missing friend, you have my word as a soldier.

 


 

“I hate…I hate…I hate!” at the center of the crimson lit room, the black knight voiced those words as she knelt done, her body completely stripped of its armor, leaving her naked within the space. A large red magical circle marked both the ground beneath her and the ceiling above, while the sword known as Dracolon hovered overhead and bathed her bare body in its blood-red aura.

A sudden creak sounded in the room, and soon after footsteps. The circle’s and sword’s light slowly dimmed as a scaled woman holding a crystal ball approached her. The creature stopped as it was a few feet away and the orb lit up and the image projected was the masked woman in black robes and a hood.

The black knight brushed aside her long dirty blonde hair as she looked at the projection from the corner of her violet eye. Its pupil was slit just like the scaled women, however a faint red aura radiated from it.

“I trust you’ve once again cleansed yourself of the weakness that sought to take you,” the masked woman said as she looked down at her naked servant.

“Yes, I have, my Madame.” She replied.

“Good to hear, then you won’t mind proving it to me, won’t you?”

“I’ll do whatever is necessary.”

“Excellent,” as she voiced her approval, a smile crept onto her face. She then raised her left hand and with a single snap of her fingers, three figures appeared from behind.

“Those are…” as the features of the persons entered her view, she soon recognized them. The three who stood before her were Marilyn, Lacey, and Kayla.

“Prove to me you have what it takes to bring our plans to fruition,” her smile widened as she spoke, “by killing these three opponents before you.”

The black knight slowly stood up and as she did the sword, Dracolon floated down in front of her. She reached her arm out and as soon as she held the magical blade, its red aura exuded from it and coursed through her veins.

The three girls soon stepped towards. Each going in a separate direction before ultimately surrounding their sole opponent. They gave out a hiss as a smile crept upon their faces. However, the blonde-headed warrior remained silent as she tightened her grip on her sword. In response, they soon extended long blade-like claws from their fingers. Yet still, she offered no reaction as she gripped the blade with her other hand and entered her fighting stance.

The power of the Dracolon filled her body. It trembled deep within her core as it stirred her emotions. Hate, frustration, depression, and fear all consumed her mind. As she was drawn it by the power of the sword, the three ladies dashed straight for her.

Numerous swooping sounds entered her ears as well as the grunts and hisses of her opponents. Yet not a single attack landed upon her naked body. Her body soon tensed and as it did a bright crimson aura surrounded her.  It lashed out at her attackers, forcing them back a few feet.

The black knight’s violet eyes soon took on a red aura as well. Her nails sharpened and her ears became pointed. She gritted her teeth which became razor sharp, before launching up into the air.

Her three opponents could only gaze up in awe and fear as the red power around her grew bigger and took on the shape of a dragon-like creature. Meanwhile, the masked lady had a wide smile plastered on her face as she observed her knight’s power.

While floating up above, she raised her sword up, and with a single swing a loud roar sounded out as a bright deep red light charged right for all three of her enemies. However, all they could do is stand in place as the fear petrified their bodies, they could even make a sound as the enormous attack enveloped them.

The dust which was raised from the attack soon settled and as she floated back down, the floor was scorched and hurt beneath her bare feet. Soon the crystal ball rolled up towards her, it was cracked and its holder no way to be seen.

“No bad my child. You have done well,” her masked Madame voiced out as her image once again projected out before her.

“Thank you, my Madame. Your words honor me,”- she bowed her head to the projection.

“I believe it is time we enter the next step, but before that, it would appear we have a guess on their way,” as she said that her projection changed to show, Dante and the shapeshifter creature trekking through the forest.

“Should I head to eliminate them?”

“No, I have…other plans for them.”

“Understood.”

“Did we really have to subject her to all this, and what about Marilyn and the others?” the voice nagged within the masked woman’s mind.

“Haven’t I told you everything here is necessary, besides at the end of the day it’s all for you. That’s why they gave me to you after all.” She replied back.

“Even if you say that…”

“Trust me, everything will worth it in the end…you have my word.”

 

Alright my dear readers this will be the final daily release. The next release will be on Thursday and I will most likely make Thursdays the release date from now on. Once again thank you so much for reading and I hope you keep on enjoying my work. Don't forget to rate and follow as well.

PS- check out my site which will still be an extra chapter ahead on releases-here

4